PDA

View Full Version : Something about Manual/Sport mode

Rollout-G
01-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey all,

I\'ve read numerous posts about hardshifting from 1 to 2 in AT\'s, auto mode.

I was wondering whether any owners of AT\'s have experienced a jerking/grinding sensation (nothin\' sexual implied here) when in Manual mode, slowing to a stop as the computer downshifts 2 to 1.

I\'m well aware of \"letting the computer downshift for you\" in manual mode, but fail to understand why there would be this noise/jerk when the shift is controlled by the computer.

Any thoughts?
Pls save me if a search brings up any previous posts about this!

Cheers,
RG

Cardinal Fang
01-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Nope. The downshift for me has been pretty smooth even when the computer does it for me.

MZ3Luv
01-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

Nope. The downshift for me has been pretty smooth even when the computer does it for me.
Even if we do we can\'t do much about it because the 2006 mazda 3 cars already have the lastest software that is with the car. I have the hardshift 1 to 2 and when i went to avante to have them check they said i have the latest software and they can\'t do anything about it.

SGT06
01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
experienced a jerking/grinding sensation

Yup..but on occasions when cold startup and cold weather is involved, upshift from 1 to 2 and while in motion, car jerked til I gas it a bit more or go neutral. Thought it was just my bad shifting style.

2006 mazda 3 cars already have the lastest software that is with the car

Not true, mine didn\'t have the latest software coz the km remaining didn\'t work on it.

Kevin@nextmod
01-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I think he means the latest software for the tranny?

Rollout-G
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by SGT06

Yup..but on occasions when cold startup and cold weather is involved, upshift from 1 to 2 and while in motion, car jerked til I gas it a bit more or go neutral. Thought it was just my bad shifting style.

2006 mazda 3 cars already have the lastest software that is with the car

Not true, mine didn\'t have the latest software coz the km remaining didn\'t work on it.

I was actually talking about the DOWNshift, computer controlled, 3 (or 2) going to 1.
I find it happens when I\'m approaching a stop slowly.

Fang, have you experienced this since your last post?

Cheers,
RG

Cardinal Fang
02-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Sorry Rollout-G, I haven\'t experienced this. The only hardshift I experienced was when I did the downshifting myself. I\'ve been pretty surprised how smooth the computer controls the downshift.