PDA

View Full Version : nothing to do now but wait

UncleIstvan
01-24-2006, 02:19 PM
so after months(!) of deliberation and procrastination i finally bought my 3 on saturday. i stopped by these boards some months ago and got answers to some questions i had at the time, so thanks to everyone who helped. :)

finally decided on a gt with luxury package, and i also splashed out on the new mp3/cd changer that\'s now available. i know some people probably think thats a little stupid ( omg the cost! ) but i like that i get to keep the look of the original dash without any aftermarket
panels or connection or do-dads.

anyway.....i should be picking up my titanium grey beauty tomorrow! :D w00t!

MAZDA Kitten
01-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Congrats!!!

ds2chan
01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
congrats and welcome to TM3.. hope u can make it out to some of the meets.. did u buy from avante like everybody else?? :D

TheProfessor
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Congrats on the purchase......post up some pics when you get it!

UncleIstvan
01-24-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks! hopefully i\'ll be able to post some pics in a couple days!:D

oh, and ds2chan i didn\'t buy from avante. ( hopes there\'s no punishment for this :p )
believe it or not, after my months of waiting i actually had to make the decision to purchase rather quickly so i stopped my my local dealer in the city on saturday.

ds2chan
01-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by UncleIstvan
oh, and ds2chan i didn\'t buy from avante. ( hopes there\'s no punishment for this :p )
believe it or not, after my months of waiting i actually had to make the decision to purchase rather quickly so i stopped my my local dealer in the city on saturday.

uh-oh.. I won\'t punish you but TheBiz (aka Jeff) might.. unless, you buy him a mod for his car.. :p j/k..

oh, and u may want to take the pics after getting home (before having fun and driving for 500 km).. otherwise u\'r car won\'t look as good, due to salt, as AutoExe\'s car in all his photos.. :p

Cardinal Fang
01-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Congrats and welcome to the board. I\'m just pissed you didn\'t have to wait the month I did. Don\'t get me wrong, I love my car and am very happy you were able to get the options you wanted quickly. But the truth of the matter is I was hoping to ride someone about the wait in the same way some of the guys around here did when I was waiting for my car.

</Very bitter>

Jeff-TheBiz
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the club and enjoy your car

Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

</Very bitter>

Easy.... It isn\'t Copper Red... :D

UncleIstvan
01-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Welcome to the club and enjoy your car

thanks. i\'m sure i will. i just hope i can maintain a safe driving speed once i get it. :D

Congrats and welcome to the board. I\'m just pissed you didn\'t have to wait the month I did. Don\'t get me wrong, I love my car and am very happy you were able to get the options you wanted quickly. But the truth of the matter is I was hoping to ride someone about the wait in the same way some of the guys around here did when I was waiting for my car.

</Very bitter> that sucks. i cant wait and i\'ve only had to wait since saturday. heh.
so, the wait was just because of the colour?

UncleIstvan
01-25-2006, 10:58 AM
well this blows. :(

i get to pick up my car today but apparentlly the mp3 player is back-ordered.
anyone have any idea how long this sorta thing can take?

Cardinal Fang
01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
*Snickers*

:D

Caz
01-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Congrats on the car.

I waited for a month for the car.

Ask PSIVIC how long he waited for his CD changer. I thought he waited for a while as the \'05 deck didn\'t work with the \'06

UncleIstvan
01-25-2006, 12:27 PM

*Snickers*

:D

hahaha! :D misery does love company.

Originally posted by Caz

Congrats on the car.

I waited for a month for the car.

Ask PSIVIC how long he waited for his CD changer. I thought he waited for a while as the \'05 deck didn\'t work with the \'06

thnaks......okay, i\'ll bite. psivic, how long did you wait for your changer?

majic
01-25-2006, 01:18 PM

thnaks......okay, i\'ll bite. psivic, how long did you wait for your changer?

guesstimating from this post (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2790&page=6#55934) 2-3 weeks from ordering.. :D

search: mp3 2006 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php?perpage=20&sortby=dateline&sort=DESC&q= mp3+2006&qauthor=psivic&forums%5B%5D=all&match=all &matchmessage=1&action=display) author:psivic, match all terms

ds2chan
01-25-2006, 02:37 PM
well this blows. :(

i get to pick up my car today but apparentlly the mp3 player is back-ordered.
anyone have any idea how long this sorta thing can take?

so, what does this mean?? you drive around with the regular stereo and they trade it up when the new one becomes available??

Originally posted by majic
author:psivic

ok, that was funny.. :D

UncleIstvan
01-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan
so, what does this mean?? you drive around with the regular stereo and they trade it up when the new one becomes available??

yup. that\'s exactly what it means. i had all my mp3 cd\'s all lined up too.

well.....i picked my car up this afternoon and i don\'t think i\'ve stopped smiling since. :D
and you know what i was most surprised by.....the back windows go all the way down! lol.

im no photographer but here\'s a few photos. aint she perdy.

http://img135.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_03564_M3_01.jpg (http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=03564_M3_01.jpg) http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_27f4e_M3_02.jpg (http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=27f4e_M3_02.jpg) http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_93611_M3_03.jpg (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=93611_M3_03.jpg)

akherad
01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Congratulations. :D

TheProfessor
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Sorry guys, only saw this now.....as for the MP3 CD Changer, we picked up our 2006 3 in October I believe and it only just arrived early January!

Jeff-TheBiz
01-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Sorry guys, only saw this now.....as for the MP3 CD Changer, we picked up our 2006 3 in October I believe and it only just arrived early January!

On that note, I currently have 2 units in stock..

UncleIstvan
01-26-2006, 03:44 PM

On that note, I currently have 2 units in stock..

suuuuuuuuuuuuure....make me regret not buying from avante.

/shakes fist at the biz.

maybe you could send one over to my dealer?? pretty please. :D

Jeff-TheBiz
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Actually, let them know tha we have em and their parts department will call mine.. and maybe... you get it faster..

UncleIstvan
01-27-2006, 12:42 PM

Actually, let them know tha we have em and their parts department will call mine.. and maybe... you get it faster..

thats awsome! thanx biz. the wheels are in motion.

/crosses fingers

UncleIstvan
01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
just an update.

i called my parts guy and informed him about the parts.
told him that a \'salesman friend\' of mine said they might have a couple in stock.

he called me back after calling and inquiring about the mp3/cd changer at avante.
tells me that they don\'t have that part in stock. they\'ve apparently never even ordered one.

says the salesman must be confused with the parts for the \'05 model. puh-lease. :sarc
anyway...i wasn\'t about to school him on your indepth knowledge of the car so i let it pass.

oh well...i guess i wait. thanx for the heads up still Biz.

TheProfessor
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Seriously awesome customer service!

Jeff-TheBiz
01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Hope this helps..

2005 part number GJ6B79 AGXB
2006 part number BS0A79 BGX

As most of us know... the HU on the 2006 is different from the 2005.. the add-ons are not the same.

Edit: Btw, no one called our parts dept, just spoke to them both.. :sarc

Caz
01-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Sounds like they are dicking you around.
You paid all that money for the car and they are feeding you bullshit lies.

Get your money back from the dealership and buy the Mp3 changer from Avante (with your club discount) and install it yourself.:D

akherad
01-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Caz

Sounds like they are dicking you around.
You paid all that money for the car and they are feeding you bullshit lies.

Get your money back from the dealership and buy the Mp3 changer from Avante (with your club discount) and install it yourself.:D

Same idea here. they lied to you. liers!!!!!

UncleIstvan
01-27-2006, 07:36 PM

Hope this helps..

2005 part number GJ6B79 AGXB
2006 part number BS0A79 BGX

As most of us know... the HU on the 2006 is different from the 2005.. the add-ons are not the same.

Edit: Btw, no one called our parts dept, just spoke to them both.. :sarc

dammit i hate crap like this! i mean i told the guy that i knew someone at avante. why lie about this?

i guess i\'ll call my salesman tommorow and see what\'s up and call b.s. on their service guy.
good thing i\'ll prolly be bringing my car to avante for service anyway since i work in richmond hill

Originally posted by Caz

get your money back from the dealership and buy the Mp3 changer from Avante (with your club discount) and install it yourself.:D

i dont know that i\'d really want to do that kind of thing myself even if i knew how.
i figure it would give them a ready-made excuse if anything ever went wrong.

\"well.....we\'d have covered that under warrenty if you hadn\'t installed it youself.\"

don\'t really need that kinda b.s.