PDA

View Full Version : Learning Stick ... Wait B4 Suspension Mods

Lakeshore
01-30-2006, 05:39 AM
Hi,

I just bought a GT/GFX stick. I\'ll be taking delivery in a few weeks.
Now, the thing is, I\'ve never really driven stick ... but i\'m fairly certain I\'ll get the hang of it fairly quickly.

I already have a list full of mods I want to make. Xenons all the way (fogs too). Stubby, Tint 20% ....

*Most Importantly* the H-Tech springs. How long do you think I should wait
before I make the suspension mod ? I\'d like to do it as soon as possible ... but being brand new to stick... I don\'t want to rush in too fast. Should I wait a month or so... or just do it (say 2 weeks after i get the car).

Thx... ps.. lovin\' this forum... i\'ll have to drop by the next meet.

:)

bluntman
01-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Spring is quickly approaching, there is no better time than the present, get them now. Learning to drive stick and lowering your suspension have nothing to do one another.

Cardinal Fang
01-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the board Lakeshore.

whodilly
01-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Just do it. Like blunt said, suspension and stick have nothing to do with each other. Plus you\'ll have more fun right off the bat with the better handling!

skunk2
01-30-2006, 03:32 PM
i say drive it with stock suspension for a while.
just so you\'ll feel the difference of stock vs the aftermarket susp. setup you\'ll get.

my.02 cents

Lakeshore
01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks All...

Ya, I figure I\'ll break in the car for 2 weeks with the stock setup, get the feel for stick... and then go nuts moddin\' it. I\'m not wastin\' any sunshine this summer drivin\' around with a stock setup, pickin\' up stock honeys! I wanna get some low ridin\' babes ...
All I gotta do now is wait .... ohh the wait ...

enJoy :)

Kevin@nextmod
01-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Mods in winter is nothing bad. Your mods will eventually see winter, unless you have a beater or you have so much moola to take them out and put them back on. Many people did mods over winter. Chinsterr put on his springs this month with snow still on ground.

So IMO just go for it. No need to wait. But as for the springs. Skunk is right. Get a feel of the stock first then you can compare before/after.

As for the tint and stubby? You can do those exterior mods anytime you want. I just tinted my window 5 days ago. Nothing wrong with it.

Good luck with your mods and your practice with stick.
Also welcome to the board, enjoy!;)

Caz
01-30-2006, 04:33 PM
I would wait until you are a expert at driving stick, that is when you don\'t even have to think about it, it just comes natural. Depending on how much you drive, it should be a month tops.

Imagine how people would react when they see a pimped out mazda3 stalled at an intersection.
They might be saying something like \"should have spent the money on driving lessons\"

wtom
01-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I like to value my possessions so give a month with the stock set up, then start your modding. That way you\'ll appreciate your mods that much more.