PDA

View Full Version : EGGD

bRANDO
02-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Okay,

Boxing day night i was in Whitby at the in-laws, and some punk kids decided itd be a good idea to use my 05 GT as target practice!! Now had i been upstairs those kids would be much shorter today, as there legs would be missing. Aside from that i still have this problem. Im asking for help to anyone who knows or is a body guy. Try not to cringe when you see these pics. My g/f says \"its not that bad\" but its driving me crazy seeing that everytime i get in my car for over a month! Mazda whitby quoted it about $1000 becuase my whole ass end who have ot be painted starting 1/2 down the rear door and including hatch, and rear bumper. If i didnt blend it would like Pokaroo\'s personal M3.

Any help is appreciated!

links:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/bRANDO_31/car005.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/bRANDO_31/car003.jpg

EO MasivHerbs
02-05-2006, 05:28 PM
I just want to offer my apologies. That is horrible!!! its the curse of the blue again!!!!!!!!!! I do hope you get a better deal than 1000 bucks and that you catch those punk bastards...I guess they dont\' have anything better to do up in whitby?? they should try discovering girls. They might like it. ****heads

ds2chan
02-05-2006, 11:31 PM
that totally sucks man.. I hope those punk bastards get what\'s coming to them.. and I can\'t believe an egg could do that to the paint job of a car.. crazy.. good luck in finding a good place to fix that up.. I can\'t believe one shop quoted you 1K!!

do u think touch up paint hide the swirls and still look decent/pretty good from the 1st picture??

TheProfessor
02-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow, what a bunch of idiots :sarc I suppose you could consider going through insurance, though in the long run it\'ll still probably be cheaper to just fork over the $1K now.

Broli
02-06-2006, 08:51 AM
ouch man!

that would have pissed me off!

once some kids threw a snowball at my car (had it like a week)
needless to say i stopped, and i got out, and the kid shit his pants.
i am not gonna lie, he was a fast little fawker, but . . .
he looked like a little biatch in front of the girls he was trying to impress, so . . .
it was ok!

as for a place to get it done cheaper,
i am not sure, my buddy is on vacation now in Cuba, but he know a body guy,
who may be cheaper than that
i will ask him when back if you want???

UncleIstvan
02-06-2006, 09:39 AM
that really sucks man.

unfortunately the only cheap body guy i\'ve found is in richmond hill.
he does do good work though.

civiclad
02-06-2006, 10:03 AM
This is really sad. And I guess you dare not claim this through your Ins co.

bRANDO
02-06-2006, 10:08 AM
no insurance... not worth it. As for the guy in cuba, when he get back, pop a message to me maybe i can bring it to him and get it quoted.

I was surprised as hell that an egg could do that, i guess if u throw it hard enough! Touch paint wont help either of the 2 spots. The fender, the clear coat was busted, and paint chipped, so touch up would like hell, as for the back, the touch up would look rather \"polka dot\" ish.. No cheap way out this itme im afraid!

SGT06
02-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I found a decent place where I had some work done on my previous car at around Dixie/401 area. Can\'t recall the exact name at this time but if you are interested, I\'ll look it up.

Broli
02-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bRANDO

no insurance... not worth it. As for the guy in cuba, when he get back, pop a message to me maybe i can bring it to him and get it quoted.

I was surprised as hell that an egg could do that, i guess if u throw it hard enough! Touch paint wont help either of the 2 spots. The fender, the clear coat was busted, and paint chipped, so touch up would like hell, as for the back, the touch up would look rather \"polka dot\" ish.. No cheap way out this itme im afraid!

will do!

i will forward him the pictures of the damage and maybe his guy could do a rough quote from that,
save u a bit of drive depending on what he says!

bRANDO
02-06-2006, 07:20 PM
any/all help is appreciated guys!! on an unrelated note, how do i go about grettin TM3 goodies... tiny stickers, licence plate holder, you support the club!!

ds2chan
02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bRANDO
how do i go about grettin TM3 goodies... tiny stickers, licence plate holder, you support the club!!

you can get the stickers (white TM3 stickers for ur car and black for ur license plate) from wtom..

white TM3 stickers
http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=569

licence plate
http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=570

bRANDO
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
thnx!

SGT06
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
here\'s the info I mentioned in my previous post.

Alpine Auto Body
Tel 905-670-0122 Ask for David.

They do a pretty good job and will give discount if you are paying out of pocket.

DrunknFoo
02-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I feel your pain.

Today I just rinsed the salt off my car since it was starting to look white. I noticed....

(SUV door dinged my rear door) and although an assumption, keyed my front passenger door. This most likely happened in whitby as well. /sigh

I tried touching it up with the winning blue touchup paint pen, (tips toooo fat), so I used an ultra fine art brush my sister had, but it didn\'t do the trick. (the color is way to dark)

bah I gotta find a place to get these issues fixed as well. It\'s seriously frustrating.

Is there any mazda dealership that provides these services?
(not intended to hi-jack)

firstmazda
02-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I got t-boned last year and took it to my local autobody here
in Etobicoke.
Family owned for 20+ years, the owner\'s son Joey is about to take over.
In addition He went to school and became certified Master painter.
He is the best painter I know. He has several concourse show winning
40\'s cadddy\'s under his belt. Just finished a custom t-bird.
This guy does top quality work, for very reasonable prices.
Call Joey at Christom Auto body. 416-252-1366

I stand by his work, I also sent another guy from here to get his
spoiler installed/painted and he was really impressed.

tell him Ray with the grey Mz3 sent you.