PDA

View Full Version : help! rear glass noise

jpcruz
02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
hello everyone,

i have this annoying noise coming from back seat. it exactly sounds like a piece of hard plastic tapping on the rear bottom glass window. i have addressed this issue to avante but couldn\'t find the problem. they ask me to drop the car for a full day to further investigate. i can\'t do that since i use my car all day for work. any ideas fellas?

thank you,

by the way, i have m3 2005 gfx sedan

TheProfessor
02-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Well, you could find a friend to drive your car and sit in the back and listen to the noise. Hopefully you could track down where it is eminating from and fix it or at least let Avante know so perhaps they can fix it faster than a whole day.

civiclad
02-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I agree with PSIVIC. If you are still unable to locate the source of the \"annoying noise,\" then take it to Avante.

Simkins
02-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I have the same noise from my rear window, I believe it is that platic tray hitting a peice of the window. I keep me updated; Im taking my car in as well, I will have Ajax Mazda (cringe...) look at it

Chuck99
04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I\'ve got the same problem. Not sure if anyone solved this problem yet, I think its the plastic cover under the center brake light on the back window causing the problem. Because everytime I go through a small bump on the road I can see the plastic cover through the rear view mirror rattle around. I guess I\'ll have to get Ajax mazda to look at it too

secondgear
04-27-2006, 05:03 PM
hey guys, i had the same problem. it was one of the clip (above) the holds the rear glass window. i took mine to scarborough mazda and they fixed it. good luck!!

McGuyver_3
07-09-2006, 11:34 AM
i have had the same problem and then i removed the plastic peice and sprayed a whole bunch of spray foam underneath and the rattling seems to have dissapeared.

3GFX
07-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Are you guys all Hatchbacks? My sedan is making some noise (sometimes) from the rear...

McGuyver_3
07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 3GFX

Are you guys all Hatchbacks? My sedan is making some noise (sometimes) from the rear...

could be the rear dash or the heatsheilds underneath the car

blue3
03-25-2007, 04:00 PM
lose bolts mabey ?

Wild Weasel
03-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Dude, that post was from July of last year. What's with you dragging up ancient threads? You need to sell something?

majic
03-25-2007, 07:01 PM
lol.. seems to be the case.. second one at least..

* goes to monitor BST section *

3GFX
03-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Ironically, this is good timing, because for the first time my car is doing this (pretty bad at times). I think its the weather. Hopefully when the sun hits the black when the weather gets warmer it will correct itself. If not I'll try looking through the TSB again.