PDA

View Full Version : Painting Calipers

fourtrack78
02-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I see a few posts about this topic. I would like to get mine done. If anyone is interested i will pay for someone to do it for me. Get back to me on this one thanks.

active3s
02-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Dude. Its easy to do.http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2161000-2161999/2161197_29_full.jpg
Take a look at the http://www.duplicolor.com/projects/howto_brake.html (DUPLI-COLOR HOW TO) web site. This is just one manufacturer. There are spray ones to if you dont want to mess with ceramic pain.:)

active3s
02-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah, excuse me for not having apic with them clean.

mEtH
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
take them to that fancypants powder coating with your rims :p

The price is on his website...

Broli
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

take them to that fancypants powder coating with your rims :p

The price is on his website...

lol

yeah it was easy, some jack stands, some brake cleaner, something to make sure u don\'t get paint on ur car (some kind of tarp in the wheel wells area), some masking tape and then spray spray spray, don\'t go too close to the brake, are you will get runs!

CelestSpeed3
02-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Order a G2 kit and split the cost with another person who wants the same colour. There is enough in one kit to do at least 2 cars, I have extra black left if you are interested. When I have painted calipers in the past, I use the dremel with a soft grinding stone to remove any oxidation from the calipers and begin painting. My calipers look as good as when I first did them at that was over a year ago.

midnightfxgt
02-12-2006, 02:45 AM
If you can pull your wheels off, you cant paint your calipers!

1. Pull Wheels off
2. Paint them by hand (Tremclad even works well)
3. Put wheels back on after dry

DONE!

-John

ds2chan
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
don\'t forget to have some paint thinner handy for the rotors or any other parts you get paint on.. I used spray paint and needed some paint thinner for the rotors (thanks to whodilly for that)..

Broli
02-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

don\'t forget to have some paint thinner handy for the rotors or any other parts you get paint on.. I used spray paint and needed some paint thinner for the rotors (thanks to whodilly for that)..

lol

i had some paint on my one of my rotors afterwards, didn\'t notice after painting, since i had them completely covered while spraying, i guess it was that complete!
lol

damn, when i hit the break the first time, i thought that the wheel was gonna fall of or smtg
it shook like a sonnovabiatch, but it rubbed off by the time i got home,

haha