PDA

View Full Version : Jake Tech LTD

Kevin@nextmod
02-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Recently I had my Compustar pager alarm installed at Jake Tech. A friend recommended me there.
When i drove my car in the shop then got out and ask him how long this will take. He then told me around 1 to 1 and a half hour. But he also said I know this will be long but i suggest you stay here with your car so just in case you do\'nt trust us or if you have any questions.

Jake Tech is owned by an Indian guy and as soon as i got out of the car and wait, he sees me being chinese so he decided to change the tv channel to 36 (chinese channel) so I wo\'nt be so bored there. He also told me if i\'m bored i can log on to his computer and do whatever.

The price there is cheap. Cheap but good work. Everything was installed clean and nice and he charged me $100 tax in installed.
It was supposedly $80 but my car needed a module for the locks so it was another $20. I also deicided not to install the remote startbecause i do\'nt warm my car in the winter anyways. But if i were to install the remote start it would be $150 tax in(because we need a module to bypass the ignition). (Also my frd knows him so I got $10-$20 cheaper on the install) So it will be $110 without remote start and around $160 for the remote start with alarm.

Before I went to jake I asked few stores (don\'t want to mention names here, pm if you wnat to know) one of them was charging me $170 plus tax and the other one was $200 plus tax. Both of those prices are with remote start.

He also provides many services but mostly electrical stuff. HIDs, Audio, Visual, Tinting, alarms.
You can also talk to him about the price and see if he can lower it a tad more.

Edit* This place opens from 12pm to 12am

Jake Tech LTD.
1780 Midland Ave. Unit 1
Scarborough Ontario
M1P3C2
Bus: 416 285 0095
Cell: 416 716 3873

Ask for Jake

PS: I\'m just posting this to share my experience. Don\'t flame me or anything like that. Just want to tell fellow members on this forum for an alternative place to install products.

Broli
02-15-2006, 11:05 AM
thanks for the info Pearly!

RedRaptor
02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Great review White Pearl Necklace. Might be looking for a place to do electrical stuff. :)

Thanks.

Broli
02-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Great review White Pearl Necklace. Might be looking for a place to do electrical stuff. :)

Thanks.

1000 posts!!

nice!

also, that was kinda gross and funny!

poor pearly!

well, make sure you write up on this place if you go there!

Zaku_4
02-15-2006, 03:26 PM
lol

thought it was ghetto XD

RedRaptor
02-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Broli
1000 posts!!

Scary eh? I joined almost a year before you and you\'re almost at 2000 posts while I just hit 1000.

Kevin@nextmod
02-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Originally posted by Broli
1000 posts!!

Scary eh? I joined almost a year before you and you\'re almost at 2000 posts while I just hit 1000.
Well most of his post are either flaming or replying to mama jokes:D

Broli
02-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Being as this is a serious post, i will not give flame you Pearly,
and seeing as i quit mama jokes, i will not dis yo mama!

in fact i will give you Kudos!!

I went to Jake Tech today, Pearl Hatch came with to make the introduction.

I want to say that i was very impressed with their service. When you see the shop, it is regular looking, a hoist, 3 bays, and tools! But the Service and value are top notch. I went to have my compustar 2-way alarm installed. Called them today to make the appointment. no problem! arrived around 630, hung around the shop, talked with the guys who work there for a while. Then came the time to bring my car in, so i rolled in, (it is steep a little, people with lowered cars, take it slow!) took them an hour and a half to install, price was very good! They asked my what a wire was that i had running up the weather striping, i told him it was for my light up door sills, that i never got around to wiring up, I mentioned that i had difficult with the wires in the map light housing, because they were so thin, so he grabbed is multimeter and hooked them up free of charge. i am not saying that it was a big deal for them to do it, but they made the effort to help me out.

I also asked about pricing to install some screens in my headrests, i was quoted 50 bux a head rest, nearly half of what i was quoted in another shop (PM if you want to know which one) The work they did was top notch, and i was greatly appreciative of the excellent customer service i recieve. A friend of mine got the same alarm, and couldn\'t make it to their shop for the install, so he had it installed in the west end, the shop that did it didn\'t install the alarm properly, and he was having issues with it going off continously! so i told him to call jake tech, he did, and they diagnosed the problem for him over the phone!!!, and he went back to the shop he got it installed at to have it fixed. he was very impressed, he didn\'t spend a dime in that store and they were very courtious to him on the phone and knew what they were talking about!!

I would reccomend Jake Tech Ltd. to anyone interested great customer service and quality work!

RedRaptor
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the review Broli and Pearl_Hatch.

Its always good to have competition in terms services. I guess a customer can\'t go wrong with either Jake Tech or Lockdown.

:)