PDA

View Full Version : Meetings over other meets

KenYork
02-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Hey! what\'s this with making meets over meets of others. I mean we have a poker meet on one side that was set-up weeks in advance, and someone else comes and creates another later for the same day and time. We\'re just splitting the forum up and that\'s not good.
I mean, broli did ask where everyone wanted the meet to be, nobody said anything, so he decided himself.
This also happended at a west-side meet couple weeks earlier. Smarten up guys and have some respect.
At least PM the other organizer if it\'s ok. Caus you may change the turnout of the other meet.

Broli
02-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the backup Patrick!

i suspect the poker people (all like 3 of us) will still show up!!

TheProfessor
02-22-2006, 09:14 AM
It is possible that the \'other\' meet was set up by someone who doesn\'t enjoy playing poker.

Broli
02-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

It is possible that the \'other\' meet was set up by someone who doesn\'t enjoy playing poker.

who doesn\'t like poker?

lol

of course it is possible!
i am not saying there can\'t be two meets at the same time!
the thursday meets (east and central) over last summer and fall were good in two locations!

but Ken York does have a point, that we could try to schedule meets around other meets,
but in the end, ultimately, people will attend whatever meets they choose to
bigger meets = bigger fun

Kevin@nextmod
02-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey man, before you get all cranky. Some people might not like poker so they won\'t join. Another thing is your meets are holding up in the west and other meet is in the east. How will that affect your poker game? If the guys really want to play poker they will come no matter what. The members here have the rights to choose which one to go to.

You can have your west side meet and they can have there east side meet. I do\'nt see any conflict. Unless some other person made another west side meet over your poker game, otherwise this is just a laugh.

One reason people might not know where to hold a poker game is they might not know any place that can. You know for me (eastside) to drive to you guys takes 40-45mins drive. They just dont want to spend that much time to drive on the hwy. I know they want to join but just a bit far.

-my 2 cents

vortex-5
02-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Damn there\'s no centre side meet.... I guess i\'ll wait for that one.

Kevin@nextmod
02-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Don\'t worry. Central meets will pop up more then enough times if weather allows. :)

Broli
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
we have central meets in thursdays when the weather gets good again at la paloma

it is sorta central
(ie close to the central meet spot)

located at 7 and weston!

all in due time

Campeotto is the point man there, he sets those meets up!!

hey pearly?
was that rant at me?
or at
Ken york??

lol

mEtH
02-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

takes 40-45mins drive

When did you trade in your 3 for a Pinto? Even without speeding its only 30mins unless you plan to go at like 4:30-5pm

KenYork
02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Hey man, before you get all cranky. Some people might not like poker so they won\'t join. Another thing is your meets are holding up in the west and other meet is in the east. How will that affect your poker game? If the guys really want to play poker they will come no matter what. The members here have the rights to choose which one to go to.

You can have your west side meet and they can have there east side meet. I do\'nt see any conflict. Unless some other person made another west side meet over your poker game, otherwise this is just a laugh.

One reason people might not know where to hold a poker game is they might not know any place that can. You know for me (eastside) to drive to you guys takes 40-45mins drive. They just dont want to spend that much time to drive on the hwy. I know they want to join but just a bit far.

-my 2 cents

Friday Feb. 3rd ws suppose to be a west side meet.. where jdigu57 and pearl may have shown.. then an east side meet was made last minute.
like i said, we\'re jumping on each others venues. (poker or no poker, it\'s happening... all at last minute.)

I mean it\'s ok to have two meets on the same day, but when you have the people planning set commitments (broli and his room reservation $$), These last minute things really blow.
Step into a persons shoes, do all the work, spend some $$ then have it fail due to some last minute thing.

Now knowing there\'s a closer meet, now ppl will bail out on the drive. Then what about broli\'s resverations? He\'s then stuck with the rental fee?
See what i mean.

West side meet on the 3rd.. i left my number on the forum page.. nobody called to say they were/were not coming. but i did say i\'d stay for a half hour just in case anyone showed. Didn\'t cost me anything but a bit of time. But you\'re really sticking it to a fellow member.

(broli. owe you two drinks at next hockey game, one for bailing out caus i know it\'s costing ya, another for last meet).

jdigu57
02-22-2006, 07:10 PM
if poker ppl think the RH meet is ruining up the poker meet .. then RH meet can be pulled off to some other time next week... and broli check ur pm ......

Kevin@nextmod
02-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey this is Pearl with Broli here at jake tech. Just by reading this post I don\'t think there will be any conflict with the meets.

this is Broli now,

i am sorry that you were stuck alone on Feb 3rd,

i wish that i had made that meet,

i appreciate the back up ken york, but don\'t worry, i always get people from elsewhere to come for poker, so there is no worries!

why dont u start a westside next time there is an eastside meet!!!

lol

SABIO
02-23-2006, 05:21 AM
I would like to have a Meet to discuss the meets that overlap other meets. We could do 3 meets, one in each region to talk about the meetings that overlap other meets and than have a single meet to discuss the meeting minutes to find out how to better arrange meets so that they don\'t interfere with other meets if possible.
;)

KenYork
02-23-2006, 07:56 AM
really it\'s not a problem for me.. i\'m at both sides of town all the time.. actually tomorrow i\'ll probably drop by the RH meet caus i\'m working at 14th and warden(5mins away). may only stay for half hour.

Broli
02-23-2006, 08:14 AM
lol

so . .

1. I appreciate Patrick looking out for me! Hey, he knew that there was money involved for me
and he cared!!! so thanks man!

2. If the RH meet was in the west, and it stole poker players, yeah, i would bomb ur asses!
but as it stands, and last time i checked an atlas, RH is far from the E.O so . . .
its all good, :p

3. SABIO is such a SABIO with that response!

TheProfessor
02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

I would like to have a Meet to discuss the meets that overlap other meets. We could do 3 meets, one in each region to talk about the meetings that overlap other meets and than have a single meet to discuss the meeting minutes to find out how to better arrange meets so that they don\'t interfere with other meets if possible.
;)

I\'m not so sure that meet is warranted.....perhaps we should meet on it ;)

Broli
02-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Originally posted by SABIO

;)

I\'m not so sure that meet is warranted.....perhaps we should meet on it ;)

how about my foot, meets both of ur asses!

lol

if u would like u can have a meeting to decide!