PDA

View Full Version : New TM3 Ad

Xenon
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Here is the first of many ads to come, with OTUA YM\'s new logo incorporated. It\'s not final, but I\'m slowly working on it.

First Draft:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/WheresYourPassion.jpg

Second Draft:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/WheresYourPassion_newcopy.jpg

TheProfessor
02-24-2006, 08:13 AM
I really like it, but for some reason I\'m not digging the font used for \"Where\'s your passion?\"

Also, how about throwing a white 3 in there :p

Kevin@nextmod
02-24-2006, 10:56 AM
+1
White 3

Cardinal Fang
02-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Not bad. I like the idea behind and the feeling you get from the photograph. The slogan needs some work on the font as has already been mentioned. I would also add that in the upper left corner you have competing logos with the TM3 and the Toronto Mazda 3 car club. When it comes to branding you should always keep it simple and consistent throughout. The difference in the logos is a bit distracting.

A good start though.

Xenon
02-24-2006, 02:00 PM
To address the tings mentioned:

That\'s my car. if you got a nice pic of your white 3, send it to me via email (wong-lawrence@hotmail.com) and I\'ll make an add out of it.

Last year it was decided that passion for the car was our theme, hence it was mentioned in that photo. If you have a slogan that you think would be better to put there, I\'m open for it too. Again just send me an email.

Competing Logos: Just the TM3 logo there wouldn\'t do us any good for an advertisement, since there is nothing that actually says \"Toronto Mazda3 Car Club\" or our website there. if someone unaware of the car club was to look at it, the would have no idea what the ad is for. OTUA YM\'s logo had very similar text below it, but all on one line. i put the old logo there since it fit better in the picture. this particular picture i was thinking of making into a Wall Poster to put up in dealerships.

Your input is greatly valued, keep it coming, after all it is our club and you are all a part of it. I will get rid of the old logo and put our website link elsewhere on the picture. Any recommendations to what the font should be for the tagline would also be welcomed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/WheresYourPassion_newcopy.jpg

SourcE
02-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I love the picture, but I\'m just not feeling the logo or the tag.

sorry

how about, \"Zoom Zoom, eh?\" j/k:p

Cardinal Fang
02-24-2006, 02:37 PM
How about:

\"Find your passion........or join ours.\"

SourcE
02-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

How about:

Or just \"Find your passion....\"

Xenon
02-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by SourcE

How about:

We had an old ad that had \"Find Your Passion, We Found Ours\"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/Passion.jpg

Broli
02-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Originally posted by SourcE

How about:

We had an old ad that had \"Find Your Passion, We Found Ours\"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/Passion.jpg

just put the logo on that ad, it looks really good!

the cars and the perfect look to the sky!!

when we get together for the offcial meet we can get a huge group shot (hoping we get like 20+ cars)
and do an update!

and the pic with Xenon\'s car and the CNtower looks pretty good too!!!

if it made for dealerships, or postings, maybe find a way to make the web address more prominent!

??

Junior
02-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I like it. Good work.

SABIO
02-27-2006, 08:27 PM
How about *Passion Lives Here... You know in Torino...errr.. I mean Toronto..:sarc

OTUA YM
02-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I like the new photo.
And the Blue car looks good with the blue sky.
Of course if the sky was a sunset..... then the car must be Orange. ;)

I would blacken out some of the bright spots on the left.
... ie..... the reflection of the front headlight.

And maybe you could try putting WWW.TORONTOMAZDA3.COM in white or blue text running up the left side of the image, in front of the building.

Also, I\'m sure Mazda headquarters wouldn\'t like us using the \"zoom-zoom\" phrase.

All in all, it looks good.

Xenon
02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by OTUA YM

I would blacken out some of the bright spots on the left.
... ie..... the reflection of the front headlight.

I\'m confused.... you can barely see the front headlight, let along get a bright spot from it.

The zoom-zoom is there since people didn\'t like the original phrase there \"Where\'s Your Passion\".

TheProfessor
02-28-2006, 08:26 AM

The zoom-zoom is there since people didn\'t like the original phrase there \"Where\'s Your Passion\".

I have no problems with the \"where\'s your passion\" slogan, it was just the font that didn\'t quite seem right to me.

SourcE
02-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Don\'t suppose we could use this for an ad?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/SourcE2/chgnv06_028s.jpg

I lurve this pic.....

OTUA YM
02-28-2006, 10:38 AM
I\'m confused.... you can barely see the front headlight, let along get a bright spot from it.

I guess it all depends on how bright your monitor is.
All I\'m saying is, to stop your eye from looking at these spots,
Get rid of all these bright spots infront of the building.... it should be completely dark.

As for the phrase,
I like the original phrase.... \"Find your passion. We found ours.\"....Its complete and to the point.
The new phrase \"Wheres your Passion\" doesn\'t tell the viewer enough.
And \"zoom-zoom\" is probably copyrighted.

SourcE
02-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Shouldn\'t it be \"What\'s your passion?\" not \"Where\'s your passion\", \'cause I keep my \"passion\" firmly in my pants, as the majority of my \"conquests\" will agree......:D :p