PDA

View Full Version : Sedan to be built in China

SGT06
02-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Mazda, Ford, joined force with Changa and announced that the mazda 3 sedan will be built in China.

Good or bad ? thought you anyone considering buying the sedan might be interested.

SABIO
02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
BAD!!! VERY BAD:(

Whos ur dadd
02-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Free Rolex, LV bag and special edition King Kong DVD with every purchase of a Mazda3 made in China.

TheProfessor
02-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Why would they do that only for the sedan? I wonder if there\'ll be a noticable quality difference between the sedan and the hatch now?

RedRaptor
02-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Here is the official link:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/060228-8.htm

I don\'t see anything about only sedans being made in China. It said Mazda3s in general.

Also, this might be just for local Mazda3s that are available to the Chinese market.

Next time someone posts rumours/news, please post the link so we don\'t have the blind leading the blind.

majic
02-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Next time someone posts rumours/news, please post the link so we don\'t have the blind leading the blind.

+1

here (http://money.cnn.com/services/tickerheadlines/for5/200602262359DOWJONESDJONLINE000389_FORTUNE5.htm) it suggests mazda3 production FOR China

[Mazda] will begin to sell the Mazda3 in China in the latter half of March 2006

it looks like it will have an upgraded engine and chasis?!??! (http://english.people.com.cn/200602/23/eng20060223_245332.html)

civiclad
02-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Maybe, it is for the Chinese market only. Would be a shame if the cars are exported to NA and the build quality drops even further.

However, it is a smart move by parent company Ford to save $$ and to penetrate the Chinese market.

SGT06
02-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Sorry about that...I couldn\'t find the link after reading it. Tried searching again today but the article I had seen it on has dissapeared. Guessed the links others provided will do.

vortex-5
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
oh crap. I\'m going to very careful with future parts. The primary reason for choosing this car for me was they confirmed that 90+% of the car was manufactured in japan and shipped directly here.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by vortex-5

oh crap. I\'m going to very careful with future parts. The primary reason for choosing this car for me was they confirmed that 90+% of the car was manufactured in japan and shipped directly here.

90% of THE CAR...doesn\'t mean that the parts weren\'t sourced from other areas of the world.

majority of the parts are stamped FoMoCo and i can pretty much guarantee you that FoMoCo isn\'t producing parts in Japan when there are cheaper places (i.e. Mexico)...it\'s not about who has the best Quality Control/Assurance, it\'s about who has the \"best\" Quality Control/Assurance at the cheapest price.

\"You know we\'re sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn\'t it? \"

Caz
02-28-2006, 04:31 PM

Don\'t you have the car now?

MajesticBlueNTO
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM

oh crap. I\'m going to very careful with future parts.

what\'s the matter? you don\'t like the workmanship of your own peoples?

i ain\'t dissing china, cause i\'m half-chink :p

\"Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!\"

TheProfessor
03-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

\"You know we\'re sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn\'t it? \"

I\'ve heard that in a movie somewhere......Armageddon?

MajesticBlueNTO
03-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

:D yesss! you are correct, sir /lousiest Ed McMahon impression

vortex-5
03-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Yes both references where from armageddon.

And no I don\'t like china QC very few of their companies follow the support them after it\'s out the door policy.

TheProfessor
03-01-2006, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by PSIVIC

:D yesss! you are correct, sir /lousiest Ed McMahon impression

Cool, what do I get?

RedRaptor
03-01-2006, 04:13 PM
FREE JDM LED tail lights for your hatch! First production run from China. :D

TheProfessor
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

FREE JDM LED tail lights for your hatch! First production run from China. :D

Hey, I\'ll take em :p