PDA

View Full Version : my 3 is outta whack i need to get it back!

vipermaz3
03-10-2006, 12:47 AM
hey everyone I have minor problem i was spun out in into a ditch in my 2006 3 and my alignment was knocked out of whack (not a scratch beileive it or not) but the toe on both rear tires is out and on the back left the camber is way out.It still drives in a straight line roughly but has obvious minor handling problems,now i took it to the best alignment shop in town(been going there for years)they said they can adjust the camber but not the toe which would be the main problem in tire wear.They recommended I get a aftermarket toe adjustment kit to fine tune but i\'m hearing all sorts of different things about what can be adjusted.They also said that they can\'t see anything in paricular that is bent so thay are doing the best they can without having to replace every friggin part of every suspension component,if any one has any specs or knowledge on what can be done it would be very appreciated.HELP!:(

McGuyver_3
03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
as much as i know they should be able to adjust the toe because working at bmw and nissan i have been told that both can be adjusted. If i were you i would take the car to the dealer and let them see because they would be able to tell you more in detail why something can not be done. I would love to help you but i have no idea what i would be looking for since i am only a 1st year apprentice.

McGuyver_3
03-14-2006, 10:06 PM
actually i will get in to touch with someone at the dealership and let you know

TheProfessor
03-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Something doesn\'t quite add up here.......if the toe in is all messed up in the rear one of two things has happened:

1) It needs to be re-adjusted, and if this shop can\'t do it then I wouldn\'t call them the best shop in town

-or-

2) You bent some of the suspension components that will have to be replaced, and now you\'re looking at some serious coin, but again, a suspension shop should be able to tell.

Which shop did you take it to?

FLIPDADY
03-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Which shop did you take it to?
You heard the man he took it to the best alignment shop in town.:D

vipermaz3
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
The shop I took it to took a good look in depth with myself included, and we finally figured it out .the susp. is all good all it was was a bent hub spindle $150 no problem, but thanks to everyone who made an effort thats why i come to this forum

McGuyver_3
03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
sorry bout my late reply but i finally got an answer these are his exact words
this does make sense, you can adj the but it hard to do. alignment shop do a
lot of them and it is a lot of money to do.