PDA

View Full Version : Buying the Mazdaspeed3

MPS
03-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Hello everyone! I\'m new to the forum and I just wanted to say hi and share with you that I will be buying the Mazdaspeed3. Looking forward to being part of the Mazda community!

Broli
03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
well, welcome!

i guess we will be seing you later on!?

but . . .
no need to wait, come on out, join us at a meet, and u can be in the community now!

and . . . u have a chance to have the most posts b4 u get ur car, good luck though,

Cardi had lots, what was it, 400 or so b4 the car?

someone can correct me!

Cardinal Fang
03-27-2006, 01:09 PM
mazdaspeed3: Welcome to the board.

Broli: Shut the fark up!

CAR4U
03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
mazdaspeed3

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions feel free to contact me at
acalamia@avante.mazda.ca or call me at 905-780-9999

Sincerely,

Anthony aka CAR4U

Broli
03-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

Broli: Shut the fark up!

hey, hey hey, hey hey hey hey

Prima_Deals
03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey MazdaSpeed 3

Sweet...If you have any questions or you are looking for a competitive quote, please feel free to email me or call anytime

Regards,

Dennis DiBiase
Mazda Master Sales Club
dennis@primamazda.ca
416-433-1007

fourtrack78
03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Where\'s The Biz. It seems Mazda sale\'s People are jacking this thread

Caz
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by fourtrack78

I agree, thebiz (Jeff Holley) is an active member and Mazda3 owner. These other dealers are just fishing for leads for sales, they don\'t care about this forum. It pisses me off that Prima_Deals and CAR4U only ever post to tell people to call them for a quote. Jeff is all over this forum and has helped numberous members with more than just their new car purchase.

Edit:

Sorry to rant :D

Welcome to the forum.
I was member here long before I bought.

bubba1983
03-27-2006, 04:10 PM
im in agreeance with the rest...
never really heard of these other 2 dealer people...

don\'t liek the intrusion at all in my book

Jeff-TheBiz
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

im in agreeance with the rest...
never really heard of these other 2 dealer people...

don\'t like the intrusion at all in my book

Originally posted by Caz

I agree, thebiz (Jeff Holley) is an active member and Mazda3 owner. These other dealers are just fishing for leads for sales, they don\'t care about this forum. It pisses me off that Prima_Deals and CAR4U only ever post to tell people to call them for a quote. Jeff is all over this forum and has helped numberous members with more than just their new car purchase.

Edit:

Sorry to rant :D

Welcome to the forum.
I was member here long before I bought.

Thanx goes out to both of you..

MajesticBlueNTO
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM

What\'s TheBiz gotta do with anything in this thread? A guy says he\'s gonna buy a MazdaSpeed3 and some dealer reps posted their info.

Last I checked this was a free enterprise society and, until I see any type of proof that Mazda of Toronto is the exclusive Dealer of TM3 in terms of sales (monetary invoice for exclusive rights to sell on this board, signed contract, etc), the other dealers are welcome to post whenever and where ever the hell they want to...just like if you, myself and everyone else on this board had something to sell.

Seeing as how every thread stating someone wanted a car had the same posts in it from TheBiz, CAR4U, and Prima_Deals and, until the day that TM3 becomes like M3F and demands money from vendors before they can ply their wares, here is a contact list I compiled which I will get up in another thread shortly:

Sales (Alphabetical Order by Dealership)

TM3 Handle: CAR4U
Dealership: Avante Mazda (http://www.avantemazda.com)
Anthony Calamia
Sales Manager
acalamia@avante.mazda.ca
(905) 780-9999 or 1-888-AVANTE-8

TM3 Handle: TheBiz
Dealership: Mazda of Toronto (http://www.mazda.ca/Dealer/DealerInfo.asp?DealerID=9174&Lang=eng)
Jeff Holley
Business Manager
jeffholley@rogers.com
(416) 642-7777

TM3 Handle: Prima_Deals
Dealership: Prima Mazda (http://www.mazda.ca/Dealer/DealerInfo.asp?DealerID=259&Lang=eng)
Dennis DiBiase
Mazda Master Sales Club
dennis@primamazda.ca
(416) 433-1007

Parts (Alphabetical Order by Dealership)

TM3 Handle: avanteparts
Dealership: Avante Mazda (http://www.avantemazda.com)
Ray Kwan or Rob McLean
Parts Managers
rkwan1@avante.mazda.ca
(905) 780-1899 or 1-888-AVANTE-8

TM3 Handle: Zoom Mgr
Dealership: Erin Mills Mazda (http://www.mazda.ca/Dealer/DealerInfo.asp?DealerID=227&Lang=eng)
Jerry Liu
Service Manager
j_liu@erinmillsmazda.com
(905) 828-0070

TM3 Handle: FLIPSPEED or ThePartsStore
Dealership: Mazda of Toronto (http://www.mazda.ca/Dealer/DealerInfo.asp?DealerID=9174&Lang=eng)
Joe Montano or Dave Smith, respectively
Parts Managers
joe.montano@mazdaoftoronto.com
(416) 642-7777

CAR4U
03-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Check the sticky on the 2006 Mazda Graduate Program!!

CAR4U
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
MajesticBlueN,

I couldn\'t have said it better myself?

bubba1983
03-27-2006, 04:57 PM
BUT...we also have freedom of speech....

and if i feel a certain way about something...ill damn sure let everybody know...

MajesticBlueNTO
03-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

BUT...we also have freedom of speech....

and if i feel a certain way about something...ill damn sure let everybody know...

freedom of speech: exactly...just like you\'re free to voice your opinion, they\'re free to post their contact info.

Prima_Deals
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
To all Board members,

I apologize for anything I may have posted. I guess being part of a very competitive business, we as sales professionals forget that this forum is used by many as a source of information. It is a great forum for all Mazda 3 owners and soon to be owners to get the information they desire and that includes a great deal!

Regards,

Dennis

TheProfessor
03-28-2006, 02:28 PM
While I have personally dealt with Jeff and would again, I welcome the other dealer employee\'s here.....it only creates more competition for our hard earned money which typically results in a lower price ;)

ds2chan
03-28-2006, 03:24 PM
welcome mazdaspeed3.. so, when do u think u\'ll be getting ur car (I forget the release date in canada).. any ideas for colors yet??

I agree that the sales guys should post their info.. how else will the new ppl know they work for a mazda dealership?? also, they all work in different areas around toronto.. if one of them is closer to the guy buying, then he\'ll know that he can go to that dealership and talk to the the sales guy posting on this forum.. I\'m sure not everybody would want to drive up to Mazda of Toronto if they live in Mississauga..

there\'s my two cents.. :)

Caz
03-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

how else will the new ppl know they work for a mazda dealership??

They could try here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php). They could also search (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) and check out the review section (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/board.php?FID=8).

FLIPDADY
03-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Personally I would like to see \"other dealers\" get permission to post their info.

Jeff has helped many members and the club in general.

Isn\'t this the reason we have an affiliates section?:sarc

SW20 MR2
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
While I appreciate other dealers here offering deals on cars, what I don\'t particularly like is the fact that they only participate in \"where to buy\" or \"is this a good deal\" type threads. Being Mazda employees, I am sure they can offer insight on Mazda products in general or offer support, and I\'m sure many others would appreciate stuff like that. I see it as a two way street. You give something to get something. Don\'t just expect to mooch off the club.

ds2chan
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Caz

Originally posted by ds2chan

how else will the new ppl know they work for a mazda dealership??

They could try here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php). They could also search (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) and check out the review section (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/board.php?FID=8).

yeah, but I don\'t think anybody\'s really reviewed Prima_Deals yet.. not sure about CAR4U tho.. I know now that TheBiz is a good guy to buy from after reading all the kudos.. but Prima_Deals hasn\'t gotten any yet..

</sorry, no more thread jacking>

mazdaspeed3: I hope to see ur car at the meets.. I\'m sure it\'ll stand out nicely..

FLIPDADY
03-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SW20 MR2

While I appreciate other dealers here offering deals on cars, what I don\'t particularly like is the fact that they only participate in \"where to buy\" or \"is this a good deal\" type threads. Being Mazda employees, I am sure they can offer insight on Mazda products in general or offer support, and I\'m sure many others would appreciate stuff like that. I see it as a two way street. You give something to get something. Don\'t just expect to mooch off the club.
Well said!

MPS
03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone. Thank you for welcoming me to the Mazda community. I was a little surprised to see two pages on my post :)

For the salespeople here: Thank you for offering your services, however I will be purchasing the Mazdaspeed3 in Calgary (I’m moving there this summer).

Caz
03-28-2006, 04:38 PM

I couldn\'t agree with you more on that point.

If you look at the people/contacts in the list provided by MajesticBlueN you will see who actually provides help and information to the members of this forum and who hasn\'t provided anything other help than trying to get a lead for a sale.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by mazdaspeed3

Hello everyone. Thank you for welcoming me to the Mazda community. I was a little surprised to see two pages on my post :)

For the salespeople here: Thank you for offering your services, however I will be purchasing the Mazdaspeed3 in Calgary (I’m moving there this summer).

Now don\'t become a stranger just because you are maving to calgary.. We have members as far as Australia!!! :sarc

MajesticBlueNTO
03-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Personally I would like to see \"other dealers\" get permission to post their info.

Jeff has helped many members and the club in general.

Isn\'t this the reason we have an affiliates section?:sarc

Correct me if i\'m wrong, but i don\'t recall Jeff getting permission from TM3 (the Admin) or Xenon to post his contact info. If anything, it was more referrals from Saphress and her posting of his info that caused quite a number of people to buy from Jeff at the beginning. No approvals there.

Also, Jeff helped the club and many members when he was at Avante so, indirectly, would CAR4U then not also have permission to post being from Jeff\'s prior dealer?

In the case of Prima_Deals, well, is it so wrong for a salesman to try to procure sales any way he can (if anyone wants to read about a car salesperson using the media as a form of getting sales, check out this site http://www.choppercars.com/)? If someone buys from him, then they can post a review of their experience with him; the same way things started for Jeff and Joe.

Joe, let\'s take the case of you selling on M3F. They removed your contact info because you didn\'t have permission to ply your wares. Was that right? No... but, according to M3F\'s rules, it was, since you are not a paying vendor. TM3 doesn\'t have any sort of rules for dealership sales reps or parts reps or service reps.

My interpretation of the definition of an Affiliate was a place where a discount is provided for Active Members. As I understand it these Affiliates don\'t pay anything to TM3 to be considered one, and TM3 doesn\'t pay them anything. Rightly so since, if there\'s payment involved between a dealership/vendor and a forum, who\'s to say that this won\'t happen - the unbiased, negative, reviews for that particular vendor being deleted to protect the vendor, as has happened on M3F.

I\'m not defending any one dealership, I\'m just pointing out what is fair on a forum with no censorship. Bottom line is that the public determines who a good dealer is and, having the ability to speak freely about one\'s experience with a dealer, is what makes this forum a great resource in that capacity.

RedRaptor
03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Truth of the matter is, the more dealerships on TM3 means better prices for the end user. I recognize Jeff & Joe\'s contributions to TM3 and I am pretty happy with the insight they provide.

However when it comes to purchasing the car, the end user really only cares about price, assuming all dealerships can deliever a brand new car and not try to scam you.

I have reffered a friend to Jeff last fall and the transaction was great, my buddy was really happy with Jeff & Avante Mazda\'s service. Jeff provided the best price at the time and also had some nice incentives.

My sister wants to buy a Mazda3 soon and I\'ll be honest. I\'ve contacted Jeff from MoT and Dennis from Prima. I haven\'t contacted Anthony from Avante yet but if my sister wants me to, I will.

My sister is the typical end user...she doesn\'t care about which dealership contributes to TM3, she only cares about price & service. The way she sees it is which ever dealership gives her the first best price and the salesmen treats her well , she will go with it. She doesn\'t believe in haggling or taking one dealership price to bring down another.

She is planning to get a this month or next. I am going to be fair and bring her to Avante, MoT and Prima. I\'ll let her decide which dealership she wants to buy from.

MajesticBlueNTO
03-28-2006, 05:20 PM

What differentiates Joe and Jeff is that they are 3 enthusiasts as well as Mazda dealer employees. Both own a 3 and have an interest in seeing the 3 community thrive. Take their Mazda dealer employee status away and they are still 3 enthusiasts at heart (hell, Joe stuck around when he was an employee at Subaru/Suzuki, now that\'s dedication to the 3 community). It may not be the same for the other dealer employees that post on here. Also, it may not be the same to the casual lurker on TM3; whoever gives them the best price/service/whatever they\'re looking for, will earn their business.

Just as well, some dealer reps may not have the time to post during the day. To put a twist on your two way street/mooching comment, we have a dealer, Westowne Mazda, who is an Affiliate but does not contribute to this forum AT ALL in terms of posts/info. Are they mooching off the club?

Hopefully now that there is a sticky on Dealer Rep contact info, the posts in threads to \"contact me for the best deal\" will subside as people now have a consolidated list to choose from. After all, this is what started this debate.

Intricate
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey...when\'s the ETA for the MazdaSpeed3? I\'ve been looking everywhere and can\'t find a date.

The lease on my Celica is up in June and the Mazda3 Sport was looking very tempting before I heard about the MazdaSpeed edition.

FLIPDADY
04-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Intricate

Hey...when\'s the ETA for the MazdaSpeed3? I\'ve been looking everywhere and can\'t find a date.

The lease on my Celica is up in June and the Mazda3 Sport was looking very tempting before I heard about the MazdaSpeed edition.
It\'s suppose to arrive this fall. Watch for updates on the forum.

Intricate
04-27-2006, 02:41 PM

Many thanks!

FLIPDADY
04-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Intricate

Many thanks!
Better yet visit www.mazda.ca go under the upcoming models. Register on the Mazdaspeed 3 forums they have set up.