PDA

View Full Version : Grills and brows...

Dave_Mazda3
03-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey everyone...
I need some help/direction on where i can get a look-a-like grill to the mazdaspeed one and eye brows?!!!! i\'ve been in contact with Speedtech and been told they only carry for sedan (both parts)
and the mazda price for the grill is a bit too much for me :( and iv\'e read that u\'d have to modify it to fit a stock 05 hatch bumper (true or no?)
i\'ve been searching eBay too with no luck
So if anyone could help me out or if anyone else with a 05 hatch has these parts could u point me in the right direction! THX :D

Kevin@nextmod
03-29-2006, 06:00 PM
I can see you did quite a few searches but have you searched here? I believe some threads around here on this board have come info on them. And as for the grill for the hatch, yes you do have to modify your bumper to fit.

ds2chan
03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
autoexe has a grill for his hatch and he said he didn\'t have to do anything to his bumper.. you can always fire him a pm and see where he got his.. but if I remember correctly I believe the answer is in a thread somewhere..

edit: I just looked and it looks like autoexe has a sedan but I can\'t tell.. I always thought he had a hatch..

Caz
03-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

autoexe has a grill for his hatch and he said he didn\'t have to do anything to his bumper.. you can always fire him a pm and see where he got his.. but if I remember correctly I believe the answer is in a thread somewhere..

edit: I just looked and it looks like autoexe has a sedan but I can\'t tell.. I always thought he had a hatch..

It is a hatch see here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=4775)

midnightfxgt
03-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Clem has a hatch. He has an Autoexe grille. No bumper modification is needed.

That grille, the Garage Vary and the GV replica do not need bumper modification. Also not many places have brows for the hatch. I know www.pracing.com does ( I dont like) and www.silviaparts.com (I want to see MazdaTree\'s in person!)

-John

Dave_Mazda3
03-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Yea i\'m not feeling pracing\'s either :p

McGuyver_3
04-04-2006, 08:50 AM
E B A Y MY FRIEND they are so cheap

AXCL
04-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Just watch the quality. I\'d avoid anything fiberglass, stick with blow mold ABS, same goes for spoilers.

FLIPDADY
04-07-2006, 07:55 AM
For the brows just find a shop that can color match vinyl.

AXCL
04-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Vinyl - I didn\'t think of that. Wouldn\'t the lights get too hot? I may try that this weekend.

FLIPDADY
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by AXCL

Vinyl - I didn\'t think of that. Wouldn\'t the lights get too hot? I may try that this weekend.
Nope, if they got too hot your housings would melt.:p

I\'ve got a Zoom-Zoom sticker in WB and it\'s an exact color match.

Dave_Mazda3
04-08-2006, 11:40 PM
could you list some shops?! :D

AXCL
04-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Nope, if they got too hot your housings would melt.:p

The housings are designed to handle a lot more heat then vinyl. The instructions to install angel eyes state to put the housings in the oven. Vinyl would turn extra crispy if put in the oven :p

You are correct though. I asked my vinyl guy and he has done it many times with no problem.

I may be developing a \"Vinyl Eyelid Kit\" with him. Anyone interested? He should be able to match all of the colours.

Dave_Mazda3
04-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Yea keep me/us posted...i wouldn\'t mind seeing the finished product