PDA

View Full Version : FREE Sirius Radio from Mazda!

Jeff-TheBiz
04-01-2006, 09:40 AM
You heard it here first...

Make your deal in April or May and Mazda is giving you a free Sirius Radio Receiver plus a 12-month subscription.

The actual unit is a Sirius XACT Visor Satellite Radio Tuner (http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1126670687120) (MSRP $79.99 CAD)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/Jafarthebiz/BlobServer.gif

The subscription is normally $14.99 per month and the activation fee is normally $20.. all for free!

FLIPDADY
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
So that\'s what those things are.

I thought someone accidentally ordered a bunch of radar detectors!:p

Prima_Deals
04-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Great Promo!!

Also to go along with the Sirius Satelitte Radio offer, Mazda Canada is now offering 0% financing for 24 Months.

ultimateM3
04-01-2006, 12:17 PM
hey prima_deals, i may of seen u before at Prima, i just got a mazda 3 from there (still waiting for delivery).

Jeff-TheBiz
04-01-2006, 12:39 PM
http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/threadjacked.gif

By the way, here is the Canadian Radio Station listing. (http://www.siriuscanada.ca/Channels-e.htm)

Still have to say I think the US has better listings. (5 dance/electronic stations)

Prima_Deals
04-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Great,

My name is Dennis...short with shaved head

Congrats on the car!!! Who did you purchase it from?

ultimateM3
04-01-2006, 02:27 PM
i got it from Warren, this is my second mazda at ur dealer, cause u guys are the best. Don\'t know if u recall i had a silver p5 with turbo kit install but not anymore i sold the kit last year. R u at the sales department or service department??

Jeff-TheBiz
04-01-2006, 06:16 PM
http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/popcorn2.gif

Ex-Rolla
04-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/popcorn2.gif

lol

Xenon
04-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Is this insentive for new car buyers? What about us loyal mazda customers?

LegoMan
04-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Ok if I bought the car on March25th, but I dont pickup the car, give my cheque and sign the final papers till April 3rd, am I still entitled to the satellite radio?

ultimateM3
04-02-2006, 12:55 PM
good question, i will call Prima tomorrow and ask. The delivery should be sometimes this week.

SIM SIMMA
04-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I actually saw the thing installed in ZoomMgr\'s car today.

Not a bad little \"gift\" to add with the car. :)

Prima_Deals
04-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi LegoMan,

It is a little hard for the dealer to include a satellite radio when the deal was made before the announcement. It is costing the dealer a participation fee per Sirius unit. Depending on the dealer you could probably squeeze one out, but not easy.

Dennis

LegoMan
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Ok I already got enough freebies from my dealer, I better not push it!:D I just wish they would have let me know they were having this promotion.

Prima_Deals
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi LegoMan,

We as a dealer are never given this information until the promotion begins. We would love to know this information before hand but it does\'nt work that way.

Dennis

Mazda3GT_Chick
04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi you all.. I\'m new to this forum as I\'ve been reading for a month now to get all the information I can get before settling for a Mazda3GT with GFXpkg and Luxury Pkg 5AT sport mode. My question to this sirius radio, where do you all put this radio on the sun visor or any other place is good?? anyone have tried this radio is it good as I heard that there\'s alot of wires for this lil inexpensive thing. Wishing they had a built in one especially these cars. thanks... looking forward hearing ... as I have tons of questions to ask as well... :)

RedRaptor
04-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by HotMazda3GT

Hi you all.. I\'m new to this forum as I\'ve been reading for a month now to get all the information I can get before settling for a Mazda3GT with GFXpkg and Luxury Pkg 5AT sport mode. My question to this sirius radio, where do you all put this radio on the sun visor or any other place is good?? anyone have tried this radio is it good as I heard that there\'s alot of wires for this lil inexpensive thing. Wishing they had a built in one especially these cars. thanks... looking forward hearing ... as I have tons of questions to ask as well... :)

Mazda does have a OEM/Factory Sirius unit that you can install into your car. Its not cheap tho... I installed one into mine. Do a search for my \"How To\".

Jeff-TheBiz
04-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Mazda does have a OEM/Factory Sirius unit that you can install into your car. Its not cheap tho... I installed one into mine. Do a search for my \"How To\".

Red, yours is a US unit right..

Actually I would prefer \'Reds\' over the one that is being given away.
Granted for free it is a cool unit, but at the very least you have 2 wires coming out of this unit and as I tried to put it into my 3 it doesnt really sit anywhere \'perfectly\'..

RedRaptor
04-08-2006, 12:06 PM

Granted for free it is a cool unit, but at the very least you have 2 wires coming out of this unit and as I tried to put it into my 3 it doesnt really sit anywhere \'perfectly\'..

Yeah Jeff, its the US unit that can be found on Mazdastuff.com (http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2201).

The OEM unit is plug and play and you don\'t need to tap into any wires.

Mazda3GT_Chick
04-08-2006, 12:18 PM
So Biz you telling us the sirrus radio you posted isn\'t that great??? as I see it\'s a cheapo.... advertised as worth 300.00 blahh blahh... please advise so I don\'t wanna have to deal with it as I rather have a decent one than that... any news of built in with cd compatible in our Mazda3??

Jeff-TheBiz
04-08-2006, 01:57 PM

So Biz you telling us the sirrus radio you posted isn\'t that great??? as I see it\'s a cheapo.... advertised as worth 300.00 blahh blahh... please advise so I don\'t wanna have to deal with it as I rather have a decent one than that... any news of built in with cd compatible in our Mazda3??

It comes down to preference, in my car I would rather have one in dash that works with the HU.

As a portable unit it is as good as you will get at Future Shop or The Source.

As for the Advert, it is worth that.

$49.99 USD for the unit
$20.00 +tax Sirius Activation
$14.99 +tax per month for 12 months $206.86

Total $300 ish.

As for the built in unit, I know of a couple of members that already have the U.S. Version (http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2201) and all you need is a US address and a credit card (i think unless things have changed)

Mazda3GT_Chick
04-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks Biz, :)

I rather have the built in so I guess I\'ll wait for it to come in for us Canadians!! we seemed to be the last to get anything...

You guys are helping me alot to buying my car as I\'ve been driving 19922 MX3 GS V6 - I love it.. but it\'s time to let it go... just need to sell it fast before the new car... can\'t wait to ease my headaches.... thanks again you...

zap50
04-09-2006, 12:07 AM

I already have a portable xm in my current car , I am also waiting on delivery for my mazda in may. I have already made up my mind to not move the portable one due to the fact that there will be a min. of two wires . It is ok for my current car but it can be a pain also ,I would rather take the 200.00 and use it towards the purchase price of my new mazda. My 2 cents.:sarc

RedRaptor
04-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by zap50

I already have a portable xm in my current car , I am also waiting on delivery for my mazda in may. I have already made up my mind to not move the portable one due to the fact that there will be a min. of two wires . It is ok for my current car but it can be a pain also ,I would rather take the 200.00 and use it towards the purchase price of my new mazda. My 2 cents.:sarc

Ahhh...sorry to say this but I am sure Mazda Canada will tell you \"too friggin bad\". However the dealership salesperson might knock off the $200 for you but you are still getting the Sirius radio because that is a promotion from Mazda Canada.

zap50
04-09-2006, 12:41 AM

Ahhh...sorry to say this but I am sure Mazda Canada will tell you \"too friggin bad\". However the dealership salesperson might knock off the $200 for you but you are still getting the Sirius radio because that is a promotion from Mazda Canada.

I am reading straight from the flyer I received in the paper\" If radio package is declined a cash discount of $200 is available to be applied against the purchase or retail lease of any new 2006 mazda vehicle .Offer expires May 31,2006\";)

RedRaptor
04-09-2006, 02:10 AM

I am reading straight from the flyer I received in the paper\" If radio package is declined a cash discount of $200 is available to be applied against the purchase or retail lease of any new 2006 mazda vehicle .Offer expires May 31,2006\";)

;) Ahhh...then thats even better! I would take the $200 and use it towards buying an OEM Sirius unit or anything else for the car. :D

Mazda3GT_Chick
04-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Thankyou you all for the help in this... I\'m gonna take that 200 towards a new unit if I can get it lol..

Jeff-TheBiz
04-09-2006, 10:48 PM

Absolutely Correct..

mr_mxyztplk
08-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Dang!

Where was this in July?

:D

sp3GT
08-05-2006, 01:06 AM
I bought my car in April, and i never knew you could put the $200 towards something else. The Xm radio (not built in one) isn\'t that great. Regular radio sounds better then it, and it\'s pretty hard to switch channels with the remote, at least for me.
When I got pulled over for my licence plate covers, the cop thought that was a radar detector and I had to turn it on and show him it wasn\'t. lol

I\'d definitely put the $200 bucks towards something else or for the built in Satellite radio..

FLIPDADY
08-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by sp3GT

I bought my car in April, and i never knew you could put the $200 towards something else. The Xm radio (not built in one) isn\'t that great. Regular radio sounds better then it, and it\'s pretty hard to switch channels with the remote, at least for me.
When I got pulled over for my licence plate covers, the cop thought that was a radar detector and I had to turn it on and show him it wasn\'t. lol

I\'d definitely put the $200 bucks towards something else or for the built in Satellite radio..
Whoever sold you the car wasn\'t doing their job.

sp3GT
08-06-2006, 02:58 AM
I bought the car at Agincourt before I found out about this forum =(. IT was a new sales too, and she didn\'t even know the car was suppose to come with a free radio. lol

jaguar
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Agincourt mazda AGAIN! Well I asked the sales guy if I could get some sort of cash rebate instead of the radio and he said no.

Jeff-TheBiz
08-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Don\'t focus on what you could have had or what you would have done differently.

Just know where to buy next time..

Besides the radio isnt that bad, I am hooked on Blue Collar Radio and Area33

FLIPDADY
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Don\'t focus on what you could have had or what you would have done differently.

Just know where to buy next time..

Besides the radio isnt that bad, I am hooked on Blue Collar Radio and Area33Area33 is the shit!

Oh and Radio Disney too.:p