PDA

View Full Version : Buying a demo

m68mac
04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Yea, I\'m trying to save money by buying a demo.

What is a reasonable discount when buying a 10000km demo Mazda3 Sport that retails for $24,4 for example.

I\'m told the list $24,4 wouldn\'t change, you just save on the Frieght PDI charges.

Your thoughts?

LegoMan
04-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Quite a few demos are used as rental cars, courtesy cars and cars the dealers drive on the weekend. Some of the people that take the demos out, like myself, usually drive the car hard, pedal to the metal to see what it can do. If the car was under 2000km I would say go for it, but even so 10,000km on a demo car they should give you a better deal on it than that!

My advice is play with them. Tell them you\'re interested in purchasing a car but not sure if you want new or used, and they will do anything to get rid of their older demos first. Its harder to sell a used car than a new. If you look too interested in buying a demo they wont lower the price.

ds2chan
04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
I say get them to lower it by more than that.. 10,000km is a lot..

as an example of a demo car, I went for a test drive at Mazda of Toronto and didn\'t realize I put the car into manual mode.. I drove it at 60km/h for about 15 mins on 1st gear.. the car was really loud.. after I finished I let my buddy drive and then we realized that I put it into manual mode.. so this is the kind of story that could happen to a demo car.. keep that in mind and asked them to give u a better price..

good luck and let us know what they say..

Jeff-TheBiz
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
IMO the best option is to lease a demo, just make sure that you have enough kms in your lease to cover yourself.. a discount on a demo should make for a really attractive payment, and you will have the option to give it back at the end..

Just don\'t forget about Warranty (for the 4 year lease) and Wearcare (waives damage at return)

Originally posted by m68mac

I\'m told the list $24,4 wouldn\'t change, you just save on the Frieght PDI charges.

I think they should be able to do better than that.