PDA

View Full Version : Creaking/Groaning Noise

midnightfxgt
04-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Hey Guys,

Recently I have noticed that my car is creaking/groaning from the Front Driver side. Sounds almost like its from the wheelwell or in that area. It generally happens when taking off in first gear. I can do it if I take off slow, or even moderatly quick. When taking off quicker it almost \"Clunks\" but I don;t want to jump to that conclusion yet.

Anyone else had this issue? I know there is a TSB regarding the Motor Mount. Not sure if thats the issue, as I havent looked into it. I have been super busy and was hoping someone here may know :)

Thanks!
John

vortex-5
04-03-2006, 04:27 PM
how long have you had the car for. My new car creaked a bit now it\'s mananged to quiet up.

FLIPDADY
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I\'d have to hear it in person John. If the sound only happens when the car is under load then it could possibly be the mount.

Btw, the TSB mount is on the passenger side not the driver side.

Everyone always gets mixed up when looking for parts for their engine.

MajesticBlueNTO
04-03-2006, 08:02 PM
can\'t remember if it was on TM3 or M3F, but someone posted about their strut bolt (the one in the middle) being loose (to the point where it could be unscrewed easily by hand) and was causing a clunking.

check the bolts on the strut tower to make sure everything\'s kosher.

firstmazda
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Hey Guys,

Recently I have noticed that my car is creaking/groaning

Anyone else had this issue? I have been super busy and was hoping someone here may know :)

Thanks!
John

I had this problem, simply kicked Broli\'s mom out the trunk.
Problem solved!

(Sorry, my goal is to put a B\'s mom joke in every thread)

whodilly
04-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey John, you\'re lowered on coilovers right? Not sure if I remember correctly. I\'ve got a coilover setup and my car sometimes groans under heavy breaking. I\'m thinking the lowered suspension geometry is doing something with the wear and tear.

Keep us posted on what you find out. I think I\'ll check the top mounts, thanks Neil.