PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HPS Brake Pads

TGH
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I am having a hell of a time trying to track down a set of these Hawk HPS for the front and rear in Canada. If anybody can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I have emailed Tires23, but they haven\'t gotten back to me as of yet and I know that they have posted on the fourm that they have the Hawk brand. So I will wait until I hear back form them. But any other sources would be great.

Thanks in advance,

T

EDIT by majic: changed the title

majic
04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
i _know_ this store (http://therpmstore.com/) is not located in canada BUT Donny is one helluva guy to deal with and the prices are very comeptitive.. I got my simota intake as well as rear hawk HPS pads.. you get a discount if you buy rears and fronts (http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=93&osCsid=17 fb5ad11130db35d88b3d1ccafd802f).. shipping to the continental US is included in the price so for a few bux more you should be able to get them to canada (ask Donny for usps.. or \'warranty replacement\') tell him majic and Neil say hi :D

MajesticBlueNTO
04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
i concur that Donny at RPM is a great guy. He did everything he could to get my order delivered on time to the US shipping address i used.

i\'d definitely do business with RPM again and would also highly recommend them.

to keep this on topic, my order was Hawk HPS front and rear :)

SABIO
04-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I ordered mine from Tires 23. Just waiting for them to come in. The Rear Pads were not available when I ordered ... should be in this week.

midnightfxgt
04-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

I ordered mine from Tires 23. Just waiting for them to come in. The Rear Pads were not available when I ordered ... should be in this week.

Comparible in price to RPM?

Thanks
-John

SABIO
04-04-2006, 03:32 AM
If you figure in a small shipping charge and Tax when it comes across the border. Yes the same price.

MAZDA Kitten
04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Can I ask how much?? :hoho
I seen them on ebay too but I forgot

TGH
04-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the replies…Tires 23 does have the front pads in stock and the rears are on order. As Sabio said they should be in this week. Unfortunately I need them sooner than later or I might have gone to RPM but thanks for the recommendation.

Quick question…I put on my summer rims and noticed on my front breaks my inside pad is completely gone and my outer pad is looks almost new. I asked my local dealer if that was common and he said that it happens, but I think it is B.S. because aren’t they supposed to wear the evenly? My rears are warring evenly but almost need to be replaced. Any recommendations on what to say to a dealer that says “this happens”

Thanks,

T

MaxRPM
04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
You dealer is right it does happen, but it shouldn\'t! It\'s a definate sign of a problem. The guy is a moron if he isn\'t offering a solution. The most likely senario is that the slider pins are somewhat seized. They need to be lubed!

cebo0650
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
They also have the Hawk HPS pads at www.tiretrends.com

MaxRPM
04-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Tire Rack Too (http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Mazda&autoModel=3+s+5-Door&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Standard+Model&bran d=Hawk)

majic
04-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MaxRPM

Tire Rack Too (http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Mazda&autoModel=3+s+5-Door&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Standard+Model&bran d=Hawk)

not to be picky (b/c i posted a US store) but dude is looking for a canadian dealer/reseller ;) :p

MZ3_GS
04-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Anyone have the rears on their cars? Does it fit the GS? Do they suck when they\'re cold?

TGH
04-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey, got everything taken care of from Tires 23. Thanks for the replies!

T

MajesticBlueNTO
04-20-2006, 11:34 PM
for those that bought Hawk HPS front pads, there\'s a thread on the other forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=44405.0) that states that Hawk listed the WRONG part number for the front pads....

Nathan,

I believe that you have the wrong part number for your application. Please
double check and see what part number you received. We did have a catalog
error last year and it is very difficult to communicate the changes all the
way downstream to our distributors, their customers, and end users. Please
call our Customer Service Department at (440) 528-4000 and ask for Tom
Blough. He will arrange an exchange for the correct part number.

I believe that you probably have part number HB449 and you should have part
number HB519F.682.

Please call Tom Blough either way and we can get you taken care of.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Jerry L. DeMarino
National Sales Manager
6180 Cochran Road
Solon, OH 44139
Business: (440)528-4009
Fax: (718)534-3992
Cell: (330)808-1652
Please visit us at: http://www.hawkperformance.com

i\'ve gotta check mine once i get back home.

nabru
04-21-2006, 01:38 AM
I got the part HB449 and had issues with them. The pad wasn\'t applied evenly on the rotor surface (only on the outer edge) leading to very poor braking performance and pedal feel. The braking performance was terrible after proper bedding-in and a brake fluid flush.

I e-mailed hawk to get them exchanged. I switched to EBCs, and so far so good with the Rotoras.

SABIO
04-21-2006, 04:55 AM
Just Great!! I was getting my pads installed today!!!!
I got the 449\'s I had to wait 2 weeks to get them. So now what???
Do I call Tires23....or Hawk? That would be Bill**it to have to mail them to Hawk and wait god knows how long to get replacements....
....and I know if they use UPS I\'ll get hit with brokerage and taxes from them!!

THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!

TGH
04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Just Great!! I was getting my pads installed today!!!!
I got the 449\'s I had to wait 2 weeks to get them. So now what???
Do I call Tires23....or Hawk? That would be Bill**it to have to mail them to Hawk and wait god knows how long to get replacements....
....and I know if they use UPS I\'ll get hit with brokerage and taxes from them!!

THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!

Dam! I haven\'t installed mine as of yet, so I guess I got lucky. SABIO can you let me know what Tires 23 say or said, as I will likley have to do the same as you. Either return them or get an exchange.

Thanks

T

SABIO
04-27-2006, 05:13 PM
ok. I actually called billy on Friday. Explained to him the Catalogue error. He double checked. And bingo. My new correct pads (519\'s) were there for me on Tuesday.
I actually just installed them...or had them installed :)
God dam they bite hard! Hope that annoying squeal at 20km/hr goes away...
..but so far , so good.....

TGH
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
ok. I actually called billy on Friday. Explained to him the Catalogue error. He double checked. And bingo. My new correct pads (519\'s) were there for me on Tuesday.
I actually just installed them...or had them installed :)
God dam they bite hard! Hope that annoying squeal at 20km/hr goes away...
..but so far , so good.....

Thanks man!!