PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up!!! Oakville Mazda Just Void my

CoolColombian
04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi guys, this is my story, got an appointment for an alignment today at 3:30, went there, gave the keys to the service advisor, 5 min later one of the guys from the shop came and said, \"Are you the owner of the lowered car? ok, we can\'t do the alignment because is lowered\".

Whattt????? and i was reading here before, that some of you guys got alignemt for your lowered cars in mazda dealerships so i decided to take it to mazda to use those coupons that mazda sent, it was $25 off in an alignment.

Anyway, i said to the guy, \"how come, if i know about mazda dealerships in the area that does the alignmet on lowered cars?? All he said was, \"no we can\'t do it because is lowered\" so i went to get the keys to leave and they gave me like a receipt where says \" Cannot complete alignment. Vehicle lowered(aftermarket modification).
Warranty void on steering and suspension components and all related equipmen\".

Thats what pissed me off more, i don\'t have any problem with my suspension, i didn\'t go there to claim any warranty repair on my suspension system, they didn\'t have to do this.

I asked the guy in the service department; So, if i had the mazdaspeed spring set which is very similar to the one i got, i wouldn\'t have any problem with the warranty? and he oviously said; No, you wouldn\'t have any problem.

So guys, heads up, because this could be an strategy from mazda to force the people to buy their mazdaspeed set of springs to lower the car. Now i have to find a place close to do the alignment.

http://x10.putfile.com/4/10116224784.jpg

MattD
04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh man that is shit. That is my beggist concern with lowering my car since i am leasing it.

I feel for you

SABIO
04-12-2006, 08:07 PM
**** EM!! DOWN WITH OAKVILLE MAZDA.

Call Them An Complain.... if all 1000+ of us call and tell them to *** OFF they will get the Idea

McGuyver_3
04-12-2006, 08:17 PM
ROFL that is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard from a dealership in my life. I work at 2 and have never seen someone get their warranty voided for aftermarket springs ROFL

Take this case to the service manager their is no way they can void your warranty like that

MAZDA Kitten
04-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Mountain Mazda supposedly voided my warranty because my car was lowered as well and refused to replace my broken engine mount. I went to a different dealership not only did they replace the broken engine mount they washed my car and I got a compliment from the service advisor about how it looks.

fourtrack78
04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I got a compliment from the service advisor about how it looks.

The car or you?;)

DrunknFoo
04-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Only 5mins of inspection to void your warrenty on steering and suspension components and other related equipment? They\'re just telling you, don\'t come back we don\'t want your business.

IMO you only shortened the lifespan or voided warrenty on your shocks, (if they\'re stock), and depending on toe/camber, tire treads.

But in regards to steering, break and other suspension related equipment should definately not be void. Techs \"can\" refuse to look at your vehicle depending on mods for liability reasons. But if/when you are claiming warrenty, then (now this is what I\'ve been told by 100s of people and even service techs at WhitbyMazda) they have to \"prove\" the \"mod\" or \"improper install\" was the cause...

Dealerships should express concerns if an alignment has been done after a drop, explain about shortened lifespan of tire wear and shock wear, but not void the whole suspension,break,steering categories.

CoolColombian
04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys and i appreciate your support and any kind of advise that you can give me to fight this ridiculous decision.

I\'ve been in Canada for less than 3 years and never had to deal with dealerships in a case like this so i don\'t know how far i can go with this or how hard i should fight, i know i have to do something about it because this is wrong, so wrong. I would like to hear from some of the people of mazda that post here.

Look, my car has only over 10000 kms, and they void my warranty b/c of my springs? I know the springs can make the shocks last less time than what they should but in a couple years i\'m not gonna go to mazda and claim a warrranty b/c the shocks are f*** up, but if something goes wrong on my suspension or my steering system in the next year and that doesn\'t have nothing to do with my springs i\'m already screwed!!

I would like to have a chance like MK that they let her know first and she could try other dealership, but this guys didn\'t give me a chance for any thing!! If they tell me, you should put your stock springs to get the alignment done and prevent a void on your warranty, Okkkkk i can chose what i wannt to do, but they just f*** me up!!! Sorry guys for my lenguage but since yesterday i can do anything else than think about it, i\'m gonna start save money for my future with my \"lowered mazda 3\".

CoolColombian
04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by DrunknFoo

Only 5mins of inspection to void your warrenty on steering and suspension components and other related equipment? They\'re just telling you, don\'t come back we don\'t want your business.

IMO you only shortened the lifespan or voided warrenty on your shocks, (if they\'re stock), and depending on toe/camber, tire treads.

But in regards to steering, break and other suspension related equipment should definately not be void. Techs \"can\" refuse to look at your vehicle depending on mods for liability reasons. But if/when you are claiming warrenty, then (now this is what I\'ve been told by 100s of people and even service techs at WhitbyMazda) they have to \"prove\" the \"mod\" or \"improper install\" was the cause...

Dealerships should express concerns if an alignment has been done after a drop, explain about shortened lifespan of tire wear and shock wear, but not void the whole suspension,break,steering categories.

That is what i want to hear, they didn\'t give me a reason other than the car is lowered with aftermarket modification and you can see it in the invoice which i scanned to show you guys, and in 5 min they couldn\'t do any reasonable inspection to do this to me, and the guy even told me when he was telling me about the void on the warranty, \"for example, if your ABS goes wrong they are not covered any more\" I hope that i can do something to get my warranty back!

b
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I have had nothing but problems @ Oakville Mazda as well. I have nothing good to say about this dealership. They had my car for 17 days to replace 1 rim, 2 tires & do the brakes. When I got the car back. They didn\'t do the breaks & they threw my spare tire on my leather seats instead of back in the spare tire holder. I told the service manager how I felt. He acutally laughed at me. Buggers. Andrew.

DrunknFoo
04-13-2006, 04:39 PM
A second opinion at another Mazda Dealership may help. Also, as others mentioned, call Mazda Canada and inquire about this circumstance. I\'m not 100% sure if all dealer receipts such as this one you receieved are recorded by Mazda Canada, but I think your best bet is to speak with either Jeff or Joe and see what type of documentations are held and what you can do.

Goodluck

FLIPDADY
04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Take your car elsewhere as MK did and you might have better luck.

As for documentation I think it\'s up to the dealer to determine wether or not those mods void any warranty.

LegoMan
04-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Try Erin Mills Mazda, had a good chat with the new service manager. Good guy, loves mods, drives a white demo with some engine mods. He is allowing them to install an aftermarket vortex generator in my mazdaspeed cai. Give him a call and explain to him and see what he says. I assume you live in the Oakville area, Erin Mills isnt too far. Cant remember his name I think its was Jerry Liu?

MajesticBlueNTO
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by LegoMan

He is allowing them to install an aftermarket vortex generator in my mazdaspeed cai.

if this \"vortex generator\" is anything like the tornado air (http://www.tornadoair.com/), i wouldn\'t let them install it. it will do nothing for your car.

FLIPDADY
04-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by LegoMan

Try Erin Mills Mazda, had a good chat with the new service manager. Good guy, loves mods, drives a white demo with some engine mods. He is allowing them to install an aftermarket vortex generator in my mazdaspeed cai. Give him a call and explain to him and see what he says. I assume you live in the Oakville area, Erin Mills isnt too far. Cant remember his name I think its was Jerry Liu?
What MajesticBlueN just posted. Same as the Tornado garbage.

Plus the Mazdaspeed CAI isn\'t even available yet.:sarc

LegoMan
04-15-2006, 09:30 AM
yes Im still waiting for it. :(

david3
04-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Don\'t worry about it. You\'re better off going somewhere else anyways.

CoolColombian
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
ok, finally i had time to try this one more time on another dealer and see what happens and i had a much better experience at Burlington mazda, tried Erin Mills but they were always booked up.

I didn\'t get the alignment anyway but not for a stupid reason, the service manager at Burlington mazda was very cool, he told me; i can take your money but your wheel alignment will still out of specs, i just looked at the car and see the negative camber, so get the camber kit and bring it back to me, i\'ll install the camber kit and do the alignment, that way you can save 80 bucks, buy the camber kit and get a proper alignment after.

I think was very honest. Now i\'m buying a camber kit, wanna try the eibach one, $120 USD, not bad, if Flipspeed read this please give me a price on the mazdaspeed ones. Thanks.

Oh, about my warranty, they didn\'t say anything, so maybe is not in the system, don\'t know.

SABIO
04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
$225
you don\'t actually hve to buy complete arms. There are the bolt-type adjustors too available for our car.

FLIPDADY
04-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

$225
you don\'t actually hve to buy complete arms. There are the bolt-type adjustors too available for our car.
The camber arms are already set to the proper camber compared to the stock arm.