PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Mazda 3 Sport

TJ33
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
This is my first post on TM3 as I just picked up my new car last week. I came across the site after narrowing my choice of vehicles down to the Toyota Matrix or Mazda 3 Sport. I think the Matrix is fine vehicle but was really impressed with the M-3 as a complete package – performance –handling – room – value.

While I was shopping around I stopped in at the closest Mazda dealer for a test drive and while we were treated OK it was the typical new car buying experience (this is the price now but we can do better). I had pretty much decided that it was going to be a Mazda 3 Sport GT with auto & air but the question was where. I had an idea from CarCost Canada what a fair price might be and with the help of this forum I communicated with the 3 dealers listed under Contact Info. While all three associates provided me with some information and cost, I was most impressed with Anthony Calamia at Avante Mazda. Rather than go to the local dealer and try and work out the same deal I decided to go see Anthony that night despite the fact Avante Mazda is 30 k’s further away. I am glad I did as this turned out to be the easiest and most pleasurable car buying experience I have had and I have purchased many used - new domestic and import cars. The purchase took about 1 hr with none of the high pressure antics that some dealers try to use to extract more money.

I picked up the car a few days after making the deal and Anne-Marie went over the warranty details etc. as well as explained all the features to my wife and I. Anthony even had a little gift for us as we arived.

Of course I can’t comment at this point on what kind of after sales service to expect but I would highly recommend Avante Mazda if you are in the market for a new Mazda. I would like to thank Anthony and Anne-Marie for their excellent service as well as this forum for providing valuable data on the Mazda 3.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Mazda 3 Sport GT - Silver
1989 Mustang 5.0 Convertible - White

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Congrats and welcome to board...

SIM SIMMA
04-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the board.

Glad to hear that the board was helpful for you in finding a good buying experience.

You will find this board quite useful... watch out for the troublemakers :hoho

Any mods planned?

TJ33
04-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks.

No Major mods for the time being - most likely a tint job and a K & N air filter

uvadtmfub
04-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Congrats!
I bought mine at Avante too.

TheProfessor
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

Cardinal Fang
04-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the board TJ33!

Caz
04-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the car!

Jeff-TheBiz
04-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the forum, don\'t forget to post some pics... everyone forgets the pics.

and for the love of \'majic\' don\'t forget to http://www.csulb.edu/library/instruction/handouts/Images/asce_search_button.jpg... :D

Prima_Deals
04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Welcome TJ

Congrats on the vehicle and I\'m sure you will enjoy it.

Dennis

FLIPDADY
04-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Welcome aboard!

Hit me up if you want to pimp your 3.:p

Broli
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
welcome aboard man!

i guess ur car wasn\'t on the same boat/train that had an accident while qmiester car was on the way . . .

enjoy the ride, hit up the meets!

and we will see ya around!!