PDA

View Full Version : meguiars vs. mothers?

sube-killer
04-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Hello all, I tried doing a search but could not come up with the results, so here it goes...

What is the difference between meguiars and mothers when using the clay bar system? I too have a pearl white 3 with the famous rail dust. Now I have always used meguiars on all the other vehicles I have owned and have the 3 step system the I like, but the meguiars quick clay system doesn\'t state it will remove the embedded particles like the mothers does. Now should I just ignore that and pretend it was poor marketing, or is the mothers system better at this?

The other question is; if I use the mothers clay bar system, can I use the meguiars 3 step system after without getting a reaction between the 2?

What are your thoughts? And no, im not taking it to the dealer to get done, its 4 hrs away, and besides everyone knows you do a better job when its you do your own car!;)

Kevin@nextmod
04-19-2006, 11:47 PM
See if this helps clay bar (http://eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=142)

This is what i used to take out the orange spots on my white 3. Took out ALL of them and now my car is nice and clean. But make sure when you\'re using them. Get your car washed and keep the area soapy.

MazdaTree
04-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I Use the meguiars clay bar kit its cheaper than mothers and come with the lube spray!