PDA

View Full Version : ANY INPUT PLEASE!!!?!?!

MAZDA Kitten
04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Can anyone shine some light onto this situation;

I have my sub & amp installed today at a shop. (during the day)
Leaving timmies at night my car was facing a wall and I noticed that my headlight was out which leads me to believe that this is the fault of the install?

Could this be a fuse or wiring issue? Anyone?

zoomx3
04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
did you check your fuse?

MAZDA Kitten
04-19-2006, 10:54 PM
I dont even know what to look for or where it is :(
Literally I just got home so I\'d thought ask :( I is sorry

majic
04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
headlight = 1 HID, right? the other one is fine?

if that\'s the case, then check the relay on your HIDs.. the installers may have moved it and it\'s sitting horizontal vs vertical (or vice versa) and the switch inside is \'stuck\'

MAZDA Kitten
04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I dont even know where the relay is! What does it look like??? ARGH!jfdljfsak

majic
04-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

oops

what caused the oops? :)

majic
04-19-2006, 11:00 PM

Can anyone shine some light onto this situation;

lol.. good choice of words :D

MAZDA Kitten
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by majic

oops

DOUBLE POST :hoho

and yes it is the passenger side headlight (only one)

Kevin@nextmod
04-19-2006, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by majic

oops

DOUBLE POST :hoho

and yes it is the passenger side headlight (only one)
Uh OH....Double posters deserves to DIEE espeically mods

Xenon
04-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Check the fuse box....
The fuse for your head lights is in one of two places. a) (most likely) underneath the glovebox, where the passenger\'s feet are, there\'s a panel underneath held in by a twist clip. Open in and a fuse panel will drop down. The other spot is under the hood, next to the battery. It\'s cover is held down by some clips. You\'ll have to check the owners manual to see which fuse box the fuse for the headlights are. I\'m 90% sure it\'s the one at the passenger foot area.

The relay for your HID could be anywhere, depending on the installer.Check all the connections between the bulb and ballast, and ballast to the power source. See if anything is loose. Wiggle the wires around to see if that changes anything.

MAZDA Kitten
04-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys...
I brought some fuses (15A) that are required for the headlights.
You\'re right that the fuse box for the headlights is in the footwell; I just got home late last night and I kinad freaked; Im no electrical guru by ANY MEANS

I\'ll check the fuses on my lunch and potential lose connections.
Hopefully all goes well if not I\'m making an appointment to Lockdown so they can do the re-install and fix some things I didnt like they did (I didnt trust this shop too much) :(

MAZDA Kitten
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Okay so I\'ve checked the fuses and they are perfectly fine.

My right headlight sometimes comes on but it looks like its running at like half power. As well when I\'m driving it looks like it gets a power surge or something... goes really bright and then flickers off.

Anyone anyone??

SIM SIMMA
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
ummm... I had a similar problem with my Prolumen kit and it ended up being the passenger side light was not grounded well enough.

Could it be that?

MAZDA Kitten
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM
How would I \'better\' ground it? It could possibly be it; it looks like its dying out then comes on.
Would the install be a direct affect on this?

SIM SIMMA
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
I\'m not an expert in this domain.. but all I did was find the ground wire and made sure it was securely tightened to something metal. Perhaps during the install they knocked it loose?

Sorry I can\'t be more help :(

FLIPDADY
04-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Hopefully Jeff can find out what\'s going on with your HID\'s.

Xenon
04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
The symptoms you are describing sounds like a slight undervoltage. Not low enough to flicker, but low enough to eventually underpower the discharge. When you go in, have Jeff Check you Ballast.

MAZDA Kitten
04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

The symptoms you are describing sounds like a slight undervoltage. Not low enough to flicker, but low enough to eventually underpower the discharge. When you go in, have Jeff Check you Ballast.

Yep. I already booked my appointment and I\'m going to Lockdown. Well worth the drive from Hamilton.

Moral of this story: AVOID SHADY SHOPS that a friend of a friend referred :sarc

SIM SIMMA
04-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Good luck with everything and be sure to let us know what the problem was.