PDA

View Full Version : intermittant wipers

McGuyver_3
04-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi everybody
I am interested in getting the intermittant wiper switch for my 3. I currently do not have the auto sensing wiper unit. All i want to know is if i can buy the switch so i can control the speed of the wipers manually as apposed to needing the whole auto sensing unit.
Any kind of help would be great

Thanks

TheProfessor
04-21-2006, 08:55 AM
If I\'m not mistake the switch controls the sensitivity of the sensor on the windshield, so just adding the switch alone shouldn\'t do anything. Having said that, I do believe there are aftermarket intermittent wiper modules, but I have no personal experience with them.

McGuyver_3
04-21-2006, 03:40 PM
HMMM i have seen the intermitant wiper modules on ebay but i would like to retain the stock switch and modules. More like plug and play. Myabe if i find a car in the wrecker i will see if they sell me the module and the wiring for it and make it myself lol.

TheProfessor
04-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Just be sure to check that the module and the windshield are not one piece.....if I\'m not mistaken they are and the modules cannot be transferred from one windshield to the other. I think I read that in the cracked windshield thread somewhere.

McGuyver_3
04-21-2006, 04:08 PM
I am going to look deeper in to that and when i find a solution i will get back to you on this one. But thank you for the input

SABIO
04-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Talk to Joe (Flipspeed). See if the Wiper control can be swapped in from a different model ( like a tribute?).

McGuyver_3
04-22-2006, 01:49 AM
will do thanks

FLIPDADY
04-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Well all 3 models have the same wiper motor. So the intermitant feature might be controlled by the switch on the steering column.

What does your wiper switch have on it right now?

McGuyver_3
04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
i have just the plain switch for the wipers to move i do not have adjustable speed version though brcause i do not have the auto sensing wiper feature in the car. It would help if i told you my model. I have the gx with all the options except automatic.

SABIO
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Well all 3 models have the same wiper motor. So the intermitant feature might be controlled by the switch on the steering column.

That is what I was thinking... The stalk would have the delay feature in it. Maybe time to do a little R+D. Switch one out and see what happens... :)

McGuyver_3
04-23-2006, 02:35 AM
I did order the switch already it came to 91dollars which is not bad at all. I should be getting it on monday if everything goes well

TheProfessor
04-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Cool, keep us posted, I\'m curious to see how it turns out.

McGuyver_3
04-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Deffinatly will keep everyone posted and if necesary i will work on a way to get it to work if it doesnt

McGuyver_3
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
to everyone who wants to know how this ended i have the results

IT DOES NOT WORK.

BUT

the car is completely wired for this setup. All of the pins in the back of the new switch are all there on the stock non intermittant switch.
I am hoping that i can find the autosensing unit that goes on the windshield. If i can find that i will be able to install it and let you know if it will work from there

McGuyver_3
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

What does your wiper switch have on it right now?

Hey Joe,
is it possible to get the auto sensing unit with all of the cables? I would be highly interested in knowing if it is and how much of a price we would be looking at.

P.S i hope im talking to the right person. Your the person that works at toronto mazda and wants to buy my radio right?

SABIO
04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
well. If the Stalk itself won\'t delay the wipers... then there is a relay along the line somewhere.

I guess the *rain sensor acts as the relay... so you would have to find which wires run to that...and figure out what relay to use in it\'s place to let the stalk control it.

Find out what other model mazda has intermittent wipers and look up all the parts. I believe the Mazda 6 has normal intermittent wipers.
Look up the parts used beside the motor and stalk...that is what is missing.