PDA

View Full Version : My $15 Car Cam Mount Project

Whos ur dadd
04-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey check this out. I still have to find a way to dampen some of the vibrations, but on the flat roads I think the quality is fine. When I turned into the small side street, I think you can ignore the bumpiness of the picture as it is very much like a country road. I doubt Shannonville\'s gonna be like that.

Movie made through a regular digital camera movie mode not a video cam.

I\'ll try to post instructions and pics soon. But what do you think of the quality?

Putfile (http://media.putfile.com/Ignore---Test-Car-Cam)

Whos ur dadd
04-22-2006, 11:28 PM
The cam mount started out with this $10 piece from The Source:

http://www.thesourcecc.com/images/Online/16/1612202l.jpg

Suction Cup Cam Mount (http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&ref=2000&aff=IntactEarnings&catalog=Online&cate gory=Tripods&product=1612202)

Spyder01
04-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Try adjusting your seat so that its fully straight, i think that would get rid of some of the bumpyness...in the most straight position, theres almost no movement in the seat at all in the Protege, should be the same for the 3.

Whos ur dadd
04-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Good suggestion! Can\'t wait to try it out on the track!

Xenon
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Nice Nice.... the camera looks pretty stable. In my opinion, any bumpiness can be neglected. It\'s not bad enough that it annoys the viewer.

On a slightly off topic note: What car are you driving? Looks like it was Tiptronic...

///M
04-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Damn your 330i sounds nice!

Whos ur dadd
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
330ci. Steptronic - wish it was a manual, but twas not in the cards...

OMG, the first time I drove one, I fell in love. Such a raw sounding exhaust - I love it. For the first time, I actually have very little desire to switch to an aftermarket exhaust. Overall, I am so much more happy driving this car than the Mazda6. I am praying that nothing in the BMW breaks anytime soon though...

Xenon
04-24-2006, 01:29 AM
I envy you... 330Ci is my realistic goal when it comes to a car. I hope to own one someday.

ds2chan
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

OMG, the first time I drove one, I fell in love. Such a raw sounding exhaust - I love it. For the first time, I actually have very little desire to switch to an aftermarket exhaust. Overall, I am so much more happy driving this car than the Mazda6. I am praying that nothing in the BMW breaks anytime soon though...

I probably missed the thread but what happened to your mazda6??

and nice camera mount.. when are u going to the track??

Whos ur dadd
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

I probably missed the thread but what happened to your mazda6??

and nice camera mount.. when are u going to the track??

I had to sell the Mazda6 for medical reasons ... I was dying of boredom. Funny thing is that I would have been perfectly happy with the Mazda3, but the manual tranny thing didn\'t work out for our household.

First track day is this Saturday. Right now, just trying to ensure the cam doesn\'t fly off during a rollover. The movie of the rollover should be spectacular though!

majic
04-25-2006, 09:13 AM

First track day is this Saturday. Right now, just trying to ensure the cam doesn\'t fly off during a rollover. The movie of the rollover should be spectacular though!

can\'t wait to watch it :D