PDA

View Full Version : SABIOS Big MazdaSpeed Box

SABIO
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Well. Picked up my Big White Box today from Mazda of Toronto.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_1222.jpg

Inside it we find a Bueatiful set of Front and Rear MazdaSpeed Sway Bars.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_1223.jpg

As you can see the Diameter of the Bars is 26MM. Both front and Rear are 26MM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_1224.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_1230.jpg

Thank you Very Much Joe.:D

I will be installing these soon. I will update on the handling.

Kevin@nextmod
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Tell us how much it will be to install front sway.

SABIO
04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I plan to inatall the Rear Bar first. Drive it around...test it out.

jdanielsg
04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
u know some guys were talking about endlinks that rust n etc that need to be replaced.... can u just use standard endlinks or do we have to buy some special kind?

SABIO
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Just use the stock rear end-links on the car.
There are some stiffer (thicker) front end links available from racing beat. But the end links on the front are really long. i don\'t think you would really need them...unless you turned your car into a daily racer.

jdanielsg
04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

Just use the stock rear end-links on the car.
There are some stiffer (thicker) front end links available from racing beat. But the end links on the front are really long. i don\'t think you would really need them...unless you turned your car into a daily racer.

so just new stock ones with the old ones r rusted would work fine with the mazdaspeed stuff... btw wat r endlink n wat do they do anyways?

i heard the aftermarket ones u have to mod or drill or something

SABIO
04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
The Stock end-links do not rust!!! They are a sealed unit. And as far as I know, There are NO aftermarket end links. The is not much to improve. It is a simple part built properly.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_1231.jpg

The stock stuff works fine. All you are doing is adding a thicker bar (stiffer) that holds the car tighter in the corners.

The drilling you are talking about has to do with the Racing Beat FRONT Links. That is why I say not to use them unless you are going to be a daily racer. As well I think you don\'t really need them.

///M
04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Very nice! But my bars are bigger than yours. :D See you at the track!

SABIO
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

Very nice! But my bars are bigger than yours. :D See you at the track!

Your front one is.... My Rear bar is bigger... SukkA...

P.S Mine were Cheaper HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SABIO
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
[

///M
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
P.S Mine were Cheaper HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hate Brown!

///M
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
My Rear bar is bigger

RB is 28.5mm front, 27mm rear. :hoho

jdanielsg
04-26-2006, 09:24 PM

The Stock end-links do not rust!!! They are a sealed unit. And as far as I know, There are NO aftermarket end links. The is not much to improve. It is a simple part built properly.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_1231.jpg

The stock stuff works fine. All you are doing is adding a thicker bar (stiffer) that holds the car tighter in the corners.

The drilling you are talking about has to do with the Racing Beat FRONT Links. That is why I say not to use them unless you are going to be a daily racer. As well I think you don\'t really need them.

didnt some guy on the other thread say his was rusted or his frens was rusted when they swaped it thats why i talked about the rusting :)

jdanielsg
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
oh yeah about the drilling.. for the aftermarket ones... u mean u have to mutiliate the bar or the underbody to fit it?

SABIO
04-26-2006, 09:46 PM
yes...the sway bar ends and the holes on the shock mounting flange must be enlarged to accept the endlink mounting studs.

The Racing Beat links use Larger studs (bolts). So you have to drill the holes bigger to use them.

jdanielsg
04-26-2006, 11:10 PM

yes...the sway bar ends and the holes on the shock mounting flange must be enlarged to accept the endlink mounting studs.

The Racing Beat links use Larger studs (bolts). So you have to drill the holes bigger to use them.

ah ic so not drill new hole per say but enlarge the existing ones... THANKS btw for all the info, would help me decide when I wanna buy :) which would be soon

bubba1983
04-27-2006, 12:50 AM
mr. sabio, keep me especially in mind after all install is complete...as u know...im in teh market for a set of bars...install price, and handling...mucho appreciated

Mica3SGT
04-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Sabio - good job going with the Mazdaspeed part over Racing Beat. You have an accessory fully endorsed by the manufacturer and looks to kill. Considering the issues I\'ve heard here about dealers refusing to honour warranties with aftermarket sourced mods - you should have no worries. As far as size is concerned, a larger diameter bar could be a negative influence on the track - your part was engineered by Mazda for use on the 3 - I\'d bet that is the winning combination!
Keep us posted on your findings!:)

///M
04-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT
As far as size is concerned, a larger diameter bar could be a negative influence on the track - your part was engineered by Mazda for use on the 3 - I\'d bet that is the winning combination!

You might like to know that the Mazdaspeed Protege comes with Racing Beat suspension and exhaust parts from the factory. ;)

swales
04-27-2006, 07:12 AM

I helped install this exact set-up a couple of weeks ago, and you\'re right in saying the actual end-link doesn\'t rust, but the nut/bolt do and the only way we were able to replace the front say bar/springs was by cutting one of the front end-links off and replacing it. Also, there are aftermarket end-links available for the 3 and they are cheaper then replacing the stock ones.

Originally posted by Mica3SGT

Sabio - good job going with the Mazdaspeed part over Racing Beat. You have an accessory fully endorsed by the manufacturer and looks to kill. Considering the issues I\'ve heard here about dealers refusing to honour warranties with aftermarket sourced mods - you should have no worries.

That\'s only if he gets a Mazda dealership to install it ;)

FLIPDADY
04-27-2006, 08:06 AM
So that\'s what was in that box!:p

You know Sabio a set of the Mazdapseed camber links would match perfectly with those sway bars.;)

bluntman
04-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

You know Sabio a set of the Mazdapseed camber links would match perfectly with those sway bars.;)

Evil, aren\'t you???

:D :D :D

FLIPDADY
04-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Evil, aren\'t you???

Come on Arthur I\'m just giving Sabio options to set up his suspension properly.:p

Kevin@nextmod
04-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Can I borrow your front sway and i\'ll see how it feels with the shocks i ordered? Then i can give you a review for them. ;)

FLIPDADY
04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Can I borrow your front sway and i\'ll see how it feels with the shocks i ordered? Then i can give you a review for them. ;)
You could always pick up the next set of bars that are coming in.;)

bluntman
04-27-2006, 01:13 PM

Evil, aren\'t you???

Come on Arthur I\'m just giving Sabio options to set up his suspension properly.:p

Actually...no, you are. Take a look for yourself...

Originally posted by RedRaptor

Originally posted by swales

If the price of the exhaust drops too, I might really consider getting it, as the price now isn\'t too bad.
Let\'s just say I want one now.:p

Joe, you are evil. :(

Taken from http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=5250&page=2

j/k

So what else can I buy from you?

FLIPDADY
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about that.:D

Okay I am evil.

So what do you want to buy now?

bluntman
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM
At the top of my list is a set of chromium DDEs from Devin...hopefully he\'ll be able to get some soon. I would love an exhaust, but I really don\'t like he drone that performance exhausts give off. A CAI wouldn\'t be too bad, but I\'m afraid of hydrolock (j/k) and everything else it too expensive. How about a Mazdaspeed licence plate frame?

FLIPDADY
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM

At the top of my list is a set of chromium DDEs from Devin...hopefully he\'ll be able to get some soon. I would love an exhaust, but I really don\'t like he drone that performance exhausts give off. A CAI wouldn\'t be too bad, but I\'m afraid of hydrolock (j/k) and everything else it too expensive. How about a Mazdaspeed licence plate frame?
Just sold a hatchback system this morning so you missed out on that. I have the frames in stock.;)

SABIO
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM

And as far as I know, There are NO aftermarket end links.

There are aftermarket end-links available for the 3 and they are cheaper then replacing the stock ones.

Aftermarket End-Links?? You mean Jobber parts. End-Links from your local NAPA auto parts store or where ever, I agree with that.
There are no *Performance* End-Links though. When some one says *aftermarket* I don\'t think cheesy jobber parts....usually you think *performance parts*

SABIO
04-27-2006, 05:19 PM

Yup, They are painted Red too :)

BUT!! I want my Negative Camber in the back... it makes the car carve the corners like no tomorrow:D

swales
04-28-2006, 08:34 AM

And as far as I know, There are NO aftermarket end links.

There are aftermarket end-links available for the 3 and they are cheaper then replacing the stock ones.

Aftermarket End-Links?? You mean Jobber parts. End-Links from your local NAPA auto parts store or where ever, I agree with that.
There are no *Performance* End-Links though. When some one says *aftermarket* I don\'t think cheesy jobber parts....usually you think *performance parts*

Here you go, here\'s some aftermarket \"performance\" ones for you ;)

http://www.racingbeat.com/ConMazda3.htm

FLIPDADY
04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
That\'s not a bad price for a pair.

Stock one\'s are $60 a pair.

swales
04-28-2006, 08:47 AM

That\'s not a bad price for a pair.

Stock one\'s are $60 a pair.

Yep, that\'s the whole point I was making many post back ;)

SABIO
04-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Those are for fronts.... And I would classify those as *Jobber parts. They do nothing for the car.
They are just thicker to prevent possible bending when using RB\'s insane 28MM Sway bar.
Using them does not change the performance of the bar.

got the feeling I want to be right? :)

swales
04-28-2006, 11:43 PM
LOL....I\'m assuming they only make the front ones as for some reason they\'re the only ones that seem to rust.

SABIO
05-07-2006, 09:26 PM
So, tried out the sway bar on Sat.

Shannoville Nelson track. It was very nice. I didn\'t do any crazy high speed *see what I can do* stuff...occasional tire chirps... Picked my lines the best I could...fast as I felt comfortable... The car had great turn in, easy to steer and point the car the right way. The back end always felt right were it should be.Felt really tight. I didn\'t have that *is the back end following me* feeling. :)

But.....(as they say in Top Gear).... I had a little issue pop *out you would say near the end of the session. My right rear Sway Bar Bushing, the Red Poly-whatever one, Popped OUT of the Bracket!!

Yup.. a little over an hour on the track...*bang..*clunk.. *clunky.. *clunk...

mEtH
05-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the update SABIO. Unfortunate to hear about the bushing, if you can\'t end up returning them you could always bend them and make a good club to hit Joe with :p

Didn\'t you have a progress bar before? could the bushing carry over? I haven\'t seen any of these bars in person, I might just be blowing smoke out my a$$.

bubba1983
05-10-2006, 05:51 AM
eek
thanks fer the update, keep us posted

SABIO
05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
So I put the bushing back in. No prob. One of the sway bar links was off to the right side. So when I pushed it back too center it....it popped the left side bushing half out! WTF!! How can just pushing the bar over POP the bushing out of the Bracket!!!!!

SO!!! I made sure everything was centered (Bar and links) and tightened it all up. I will see what happens this Sunday.

SABIO
05-16-2006, 05:32 PM
So the Bushings stayed in this Sunday at the Track.. Which is good news.
My right Sway bar Link is slightly out of whack though... it is bent towards the wheel a bit.
I wonder why that is???
Have to look into that one some more.

SABIO
05-29-2006, 09:55 AM
So another 2 weeks and everything is ok. My right rear end-link is still bent a little, but has not caused any problems.
The car is still tight on the road and handles beautifully.
For now... I am going to admit to going overboard with the lube which may have caused the bushing to pop out In Combination With The End-Link Bending, maybe it gave the sway bay to much free play to swing to one side.............?

TheProfessor
05-29-2006, 11:12 AM

For now... I am going to admit to going overboard with the lube

Must......resist......too......easy......

bubba1983
05-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by TheProfessor

For now... I am going to admit to going overboard with the lube

Must......resist......too......easy......

i so agree

BUT ill be the bigger man and not comment......for now

thanks for the update..puts some of us at ease who are considering grabbin teh bar set...I.E me!