PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Scratch-X

SABIO
04-26-2006, 09:00 PM
O.k Bought this $13 Tube of polish that is...Guaranteed to be the most effective way to remove fine scratches and swirls from automotive paint by hand, ScratchX removes light surface contaminants, oxidation and blemishes while it enhances paint color and clarity.

What a Joke.. I tested it the other day in 3 places on my car.(Yes I followed the instructions) Tested it on my Hood, Roof and Door.
Today it was nice and sunny... and guess what. It looks NO different the rest of the Car!!!
The paint is smoother...a bit more shine... but any cleaner or wax can do that.

What a Joke. Stay away from this product... Just stay away from Meguiar...

SIM SIMMA
04-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Doh!

I had a tube lying around... could have let you use it to try!

iconicrocket
04-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed too. I can still see the scratches afterwards, they\'re there but only slightly better than without Scratch-X.

I still have the rest of the stuff in my trunk. :p I would just get a good quality wax and do the whole car.

SABIO
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys... I wish someone posted that it suked before I bought it.......:(

RedRaptor
04-26-2006, 10:42 PM
SABIO is right...it sucks. Wasted $15 at CTire...bought it two months ago and it doesn\'t work at all.:zzz

SIM SIMMA
04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Let\'s all return it at once!

Kevin@nextmod
04-26-2006, 11:22 PM
I bought one of these at Cdn Tire. Meguirs (http://eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=140)
I used it on my friends S2000 and thought it would just make it shine like it says on the box but it also took out the swirls and minor scratches on his black car. It also worked on my dad\'s TL. I\'ll bring it to the meet and let you guys try it if you want.

BTW. I bought a pack of 20 microfiber towels for 13.85? plus tax at Sams Club. Those towels are so worth it.

MAZDA Kitten
04-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Best website for detailing; AUTOPIA (http://autopia.org/forum/index.php?)

jdanielsg
04-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

I bought one of these at Cdn Tire. Meguirs (http://eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=140)
I used it on my friends S2000 and thought it would just make it shine like it says on the box but it also took out the swirls and minor scratches on his black car. It also worked on my dad\'s TL. I\'ll bring it to the meet and let you guys try it if you want.

BTW. I bought a pack of 20 microfiber towels for 13.85? plus tax at Sams Club. Those towels are so worth it.

these dunt take out the swirls tho just cover them up, only thing that takes out swirls is compound. and I guess the most effective way is to use a buffer thing and buff it out.. sadly it takes a lot of skill to do it effectively by hand.. you have to use 2 or 3 diff grits if u wanna call it of compound, from rougher to finer then it gets all the swirls out...

porter cable thats the brand of the polisher

Mica3SGT
04-27-2006, 02:46 AM
3M sealer glaze works wonders on scratches - you can find it around the GTA in good automotive supply stores. For waxes I\'ve had poor results with Meguires - and I really am car crazy - love that Speed Channel guy, Barry Meguire! I prefer Mother\'s paste (Real Brazilian carnaba) or a great product called Liquid Glass that I\'ve found to be absolutely amazing on all my black cars. You will be hard pressed to see spidering, swirls or hairlines with this stuff. By and large, Canadian Tire and Auto whatever (owned by CTC) sell CRAP. That\'s why their called C^%$#$ Tire.

SABIO
04-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT
a great product called Liquid Glass that I\'ve found to be absolutely amazing on all my black cars.

Years ago.... like 15 of them... I always used a product called Liquid Glass on my \'77 T/A. It was Incredible!.. I wonder if it is the same stuff...if they are still making it??? It came in a metal can and while I was waxing the car, I would put the can on the hood and it would Slide Off!!

I actually still have the stuff in my Garage, I wonder if it is still good:p