PDA

View Full Version : Activating Free Sirius Radio from Mazda

kelvin1262003
04-30-2006, 01:20 AM
I recently purchased my Mazda 3 and I got a free Satellite Radio, I went on their website and it asks me to put in credit card information. I thought everything was already paid for including the subscription. Is anyone expericening same problem and does anyone know how to activate it for FREE?????

brentb
04-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey I just got a car yesterday, (Winning Blue GT 5sp) and set up my Sat radio this morning at about 4AM. Just connect it, wait for the receiver to update channels, then tune to 184, and call the activation number. 1 888 539 7474. You\'ll get a phone menu system, but once you get past that, (wait without pressing alot of buttons after selecting your language, and new activation) just tell the person on the other end that you have the free kit from Mazda Canada, and they\'ll set you up. They want your name and address info, the radio ESN, and ask if you want the full package, or the clean \'family package\' (No Stern, etc). They update your subscription info, and away you go. They never once asked for a credit card #. I figured they would at least want that, and that it would be a free one-year sub, then they would automatically start billing you, and you\'d have to opt out later, but apparently they don\'t do it that way, no strings attached. You have to verify some stuff on the receiver once they set up your subscription, so you should be calling from the car, with the radio on when you do it.

P.S. I didn\'t think I\'d be that impressed with it, but after trying it this morning, there is a good selection of different music, and other channels, and am really enjoying it now. The mounting options in the 3 are a little limited though. I just sat the antenna on the dash for now, and used the suction cups to stick the receiver to the inside of the ashtray compartment. It didn\'t want to stay stuck on the dash very well, and was at an odd angle, and I thought I\'d be getting pulled over for a radar detector if I left it stuck to the windshield for very long. I\'ll have to fabricate some better mounting options. Anybody got any experience with this?

good luck
Brent

Jeff-TheBiz
05-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by brentb

They update your subscription info, and away you go. They never once asked for a credit card #. I figured they would at least want that, and that it would be a free one-year sub,

Nice write-up.

I should also mention that you may need to let them know or re-iderate that the first year is pre-paid by Mazda.

Enjoy your car Brent.