PDA

View Full Version : TURTLE WAX - ICE

MAZDA Kitten
05-07-2006, 09:45 PM
The car was detailed on Friday (CarBrite wax) and a small quick wash today followed by the new Turtle Wax detailer wax spray.
I\'ve read very good reviews and then so-so reviews about the prodcut. I didnt want to get the wax yet because I still have a lot of Gold Class left but the detailer is awesome. If the detailer can do a wicked job like this I can only imagine what the actual wax can do.
I really love it.... the black really pops and when the sun started to set the car just SPARKLED
http://home.mountaincable.net/~dziuram/agatha/Mazda/05%20-%2007%20-%202006%20013.jpg

SIM SIMMA
05-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Wowzers.. that is nice!

I was asking in another thread about the new ICE products... I guess this kinda helps for sure.

I was planning on picking up a bottle of the wax.

It\'s so shiny! :p

bluntman
05-08-2006, 04:54 AM
Nice! I was actually thinking of picking up a bottle over the weekend.

Moved to Exterior Maintenance.

bluntman
05-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I just \"ICE\'ed\" my car this afternoon. Not only are the results just as MK posted but it also smells like strawberries! Add that to the cherry smell of the Maguire\'s Endurance and I am in heaven! I was pretty close to :p\'ing my car. ;)

OT: This is true, but it was only until this afternoon that I noticed that our cars don\'t have keyholes on the doors. :sarc

majic
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by bluntman
OT: This is true, but it was only until this afternoon that I noticed that our cars don\'t have keyholes on the doors. :sarc

i wonder how you discovered this..

I was pretty close to :p\'ing my car. ;)

oh .. nevermind ;)

SIM SIMMA
05-23-2006, 09:31 AM

I just \"ICE\'ed\" my car this afternoon. Not only are the results just as MK posted but it also smells like strawberries! Add that to the cherry smell of the Maguire\'s Endurance and I am in heaven! I was pretty close to :p\'ing my car. ;)

Pics of the car man... let\'s see an iced out Orange... not of you doing bad bad things to it.

TheProfessor
05-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Bluntman, how easy/hard was the application process of the Ice Wax? Looks fairly easy/quick to use, but just wanted to make sure.

SIM SIMMA
05-23-2006, 09:45 AM
I think they both used the detailer spray which is simply spraying on a clean/waxed car and wiping off with a microfibre cloth.

The ICE polish looks simple as well (I bought it this weekend) and it comes with a applicator sponge and microfibre cloth. I was hoping to use it yesterday, but mother nature did not cooperate and then i was busy all afternoon :(

TheProfessor
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the clarification Jobes......it\'s Tuesday morning, I\'m still recovering from the long week-end ;)

When/if you use it, let me know how it worked out. Out of curiousity, do you have any rail dust on your car? I have some and am hoping that this will help to remove it......don\'t want to have to clay bar the car as well.

SIM SIMMA
05-23-2006, 09:55 AM
I actually had quite a bit of it on my car and it was very noticeable on my white car.

The detailer spray or polish will not get rid of the rail dust. Your best bet is to clay the surface contaminents off (rail dust for example). The detailer spray is generally used to keep your car nice and shiny in between waxings. The polish/wax is used to protect your car and keep it shiny.

When you clay your car you use the detailer sprays to keep the area you are claying lubricated. Meguiar\'s has a quick detailing clay kit for like 22.99 at Crappy Tire. Comes with a bottle of detailer spray and a small piece of clay.

TheProfessor
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh, I know the quick detailer stuff won\'t take off the rail dust, I was referring to the Ice Wax. I know that some waxes can and do remove surface oxidants and was hoping that the Ice Wax would remove the rail dust.

bluntman
05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I bought the wax, not the detailer spray. Application was simple. I have Mother\'s Detailer spray at home too.

What\'s great is that the wax can be applied in the shade or in direct sunlight.

SIM SIMMA
05-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Theprof... not sure then about the removing of rail dust with the waxing/polish...

Bluntman.. I have the bottle of polish as well... the consistency is really watery. Maybe I will take the rest of the day off and clean the car! :) So you used the provided applicator and cloth to do the whole car or did you find you needed extra cloths?

bluntman
05-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Jobes

So you used the provided applicator and cloth to do the whole car or did you find you needed extra cloths?

I just used what they gave me, althought I was thinking about pulling out my polisher.
;)

TheProfessor
05-23-2006, 11:11 AM
So Bluntman, do you know if the Ice Wax will remove minor surface imperfections like rail dust?

bluntman
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by TheProfessor

So Bluntman, do you know if the Ice Wax will remove minor surface imperfections like rail dust?

I don\'t even know what rail dust is. :( Besides, my car\'s paint is perfect. :p

majic
05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by TheProfessor

it\'s probably very hard to spot (no pun intended) on his car..

bluntman
05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Seriously, what\'s rail dust? I don\'t drive on railroad tracks.

majic
05-23-2006, 11:43 AM

Seriously, what\'s rail dust? I don\'t drive on railroad tracks.

oh no!!! you didn\'t!!! :zzz (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=4615#68095)

SIM SIMMA
05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Give him the smack down!!

DO IT!!

bluntman
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Seriously, I don\'t know what you guys are talking about. I Googled \"rail dust\" and I came up with this:

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/reference/troubleshooting_guide/rail_dust/index.cfm

My car is 2 years old so I\'m hoping by now this rail dust is gone.

majic
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM

Give him the smack down!!

DO IT!!

lol.. i did..

clicck on the :zzz smiley in teh post above.. i was being gentle.. ;)

and yah the link he linked is what rail dust is.. but i guess TheProfessor is a little new to know that your car is a wee older than him ;)

bluntman
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
O I C

First this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6227&page=1) and now this one.

I was beginning to think that I had to be a member of Opus Dei before someone told me about rail dust. It\'s a white (car) thing. ;)

SIM SIMMA
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
hehe...

I guess the specs on your car can also appear from brake filaments and sh1t coming off other vehicles like trucks and whatnot. I had my car detailed to remove all the rail dust initially but looking carefully at my car you can see the odd spec here and there so it comes from somewhere.

SIM SIMMA
05-24-2006, 11:43 PM
ICED my car today... was bored after dinner... yeah I know it is going to rain Friday... woopdeedoo...

The stuff is pretty cool... goes on like water... then you buff it off. It smells good too... my car is quite shiny now :D

TheProfessor
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM

ICED my car today... was bored after dinner... yeah I know it is going to rain Friday... woopdeedoo...

The stuff is pretty cool... goes on like water... then you buff it off. It smells good too... my car is quite shiny now :D

How long did the whole thing take you?

SIM SIMMA
05-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Not long... gave it a good wash which didn\'t take too much time.

The ICE part was just going over the car with the product using the sponge applicator. Afterwards I just buffed it of using the cloth provided. All in all the ICE waxing part took 15-20 mins?

Everything was done in about a hour or so.

TheProfessor
05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Think I\'m gonna have to go and get this stuff......maybe give the car a good once over this week-end.

SIM SIMMA
05-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Note that if you have any swirls or what not this might not be the best stuff to hide it. The more traditional waxes might be better for this.

The ICE wax/polish puts a protective coating on the car for sure though... and it\'s slippery like ice. :)

It did the job I wanted it to do... and it took less time than the other waxes.

Whos ur dadd
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey, check out this thread. The reflection from Zaino stuff looks amazing. I\'ve never seen cars look so shiny! Read the hyperlinked NSX thread re: test results.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=363528&highlight=zaino]Zaino (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=363528&highlight=zaino\")

Wonder how ICE compares to Zaino...

SIM SIMMA
05-25-2006, 06:22 PM
I\'ve heard about this stuff too...

It is a synthetic was just like TW ICE.

My car is shiny but hmmm that is super shiny. But he has the sun shining on it in the pics. I had clouds and it was getting dark.

Johnny
05-26-2006, 01:49 AM
After feeling Jobe\'s car, I am planning to get one myself.

bluntman
05-26-2006, 08:06 AM
You felt up Jobes\' car?

mental note: park far away from Johnny\'s car at the next meet

Perv!

:p

TheProfessor
05-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Johnny

After feeling Jobe\'s car

LOL :D

SIM SIMMA
05-26-2006, 08:54 AM

You felt up Jobes\' car?

mental note: park far away from Johnny\'s car at the next meet

Perv!

:p

This is coming from someone who said he wanted to f*&k his car :p

My car was molested last night by many. It has lost it\'s innocence. Farkers!

bluntman
05-26-2006, 08:56 AM

This is coming from someone who said he wanted to f*&k his car :p

My car was molested last night by many. It has lost it\'s innocence. Farkers!

Actually, it was :p\'ing (licking) not f*&king...that\'s just sick.

SIM SIMMA
05-26-2006, 08:58 AM
LOL.

I know... that\'s why I thought you were sick. Now you\'ve been downgraded to messed.

I was able to enjoy one day and night of the car nice and shiny. :)

bluntman
05-26-2006, 09:02 AM

I was able to enjoy one day and night of the car nice and shiny. :)

Damn rain! Now, should I reapply the wax or buy some detailing spray tomorrow?

SIM SIMMA
05-26-2006, 09:06 AM
You should not have to reapply the wax... but if you want to add another coat you could. Detailing spray is a definite option though. I should have picked up the ICE spray as well. I have Meguiar\'s detailing spray though... hmmm...

bluntman
05-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Thing is, I still have to wash it. :(

SIM SIMMA
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah i\'m in the same boat, but it should be quick. You have a coat of the wax on so unless you\'ve been offroading it should be pretty effortless. ;)

Whos ur dadd
06-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey, how\'s this stuff holding up long term?

There\'s a couple of posts on a bimmerboard questioning the longevity of the product.

JMAK74
06-04-2006, 07:23 PM
This stuff is pretty good - for the minimal effort you get a smooth shine. I had gotten the detailer first (d\'oh) which did a good job on it\'s own after washing the car. After seeing how it performed on Jobes car (thanks), I got the wax kit too.

Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

There\'s a couple of posts on a bimmerboard questioning the longevity of the product.

I waxed mine last weekend with the ICE and with the rain we\'ve had - yesterday water on the car was still beading. I wash/clean my car weekly during the summer months (it relaxes me - don\'t know why...) - so what it may also come down to is how oftern you wash/wax your car and what sort of roads you drive on (i.e. dirt roads/passing by constructions sites all the time, etc).

JK

SIM SIMMA
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

I believe I read on the actual turtle wax site it is supposed to last for up to 3-4 months and what not and others were leaving reviews about it afer 3 to 4 car washes later and it still had the finish.

I don\'t think this will hold up 3 plus months.. but it\'s been 2 weeks and I still have a nice finish even though the side of my car is dirty... the parts that are clean still have a noticeable shine and smooth finish.

For the time it takes to apply and what not I am content with it\'s performance so far. Obviously if you take the extra time with the carnubas and what not you will get a longer lasting finish. Ideally this would last long, but we\'ll see and I guess we can give updates on how it\'s holding up long term.

lukel90
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
In terms of speed this ICE is pretty good...But if you want a good job done. Zaino is the way to go, its a shame that no stores in canada sell this stuff and you have to get it online. And to apply zaino \"properly\" takes a about 2-3 days for everything to cure..look into at on their website. zainobrothers.com.....its the real shit...me i stick to meguires gold class as i am very happy with meguires products..

MidnightSpeed
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I bought this stuff a couple days ago, and finally tried it. Came out real nice, applied 2 coats. It really brought out the metallic sparkle. Its not a bad product. I\'d have to add, this made my car butter smooth. :D

SIM SIMMA
06-05-2006, 11:33 PM
:D

It\'s also good that you can apply in the sun and also on your plastic trims as well!

Glad you like it... i like to consider it slick like ice... yes corny... sue me.

SABIO
06-06-2006, 03:30 AM
There is a Zaino retailer in Canada. But the Pricing is a rip-off. With the exchange right now, the stuff should be cheap...but they won\'t change their price. Cheaper to order from the U.S than from the canadian reseller...Lame!!

I waxed mine last weekend with the ICE and with the rain we\'ve had - yesterday water on the car was still beading

????? Since when does wax disolve in rain??

KenYork
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Just iced today.. looks nice.

BLKOUT
06-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I used the Turtle Wax detailer wax spray this weekend and I have to say, it works well! Great shine and smooth finish!

bluntman
06-13-2006, 10:12 AM
I washed and waxed my car on the weekend. The instructions on the bottle say to buff off the wax once a haze has appeared. The problem is, it doesn\'t haze up! I don\'t think I\'m doing anything wrong (at least I hope not), the shine is quite brilliant.

SIM SIMMA
06-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I would have to agree... there is not the traditional hazing that you would get from other waxes but it does \"dry\" and that is when I buff with the cloth.

I tried waxing my car with the Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell wax and I have noticed that it appears to last longer than the ICE stuff. But it also took me waaaaaaay longer to wax the car.

The ICE stuff is good for a quick nice shine and finish that can be applied in the sun.. it is very convenient for sure.

MidnightSpeed
06-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I have to try the Spray Detailer, it seems like a lot of you are having good turnout with these. Thanks Guys! :D

triplezoom
06-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Here are some pictures after my experience with the ICE Liquid Polisher with spounge applicator and towel cloth cleaner. Im very satisfied with the results.

*Sorry about the quality of the pictures, taken by my camera phone. :p

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4065/dsc003422ui.th.jpg (http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003422ui.jpg) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9553/dsc003403sq.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003403sq.jpg) http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/897/dsc003390oo.th.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003390oo.jpg) http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6173/dsc003414qj.th.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003414qj.jpg)

chinsterr
06-18-2006, 06:40 PM
say triplezoom\'s car in person after it was cleaned . Dang , it has this \"wet\" looks to it .. pretty sweet. I think im going to pick up a bottle of this stuff

eguiyab
06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I always had a question about the detailers in general.

Do I have to wash the car first?? My car is relatively clean... a few days of road dust, but nothing I would say dirty. The car was washed last week and I\'ve been using a California Car Duster to keep it shining. But when I run my hand on the car its not as smooth anymore...

Car I just spray on the detailer and wipe it down??? Or will I end up grinding whatever is roungh into my paint??

bluntman
06-19-2006, 09:14 PM
If you feel \"grit\" use a clay bar after washing.

skunk2
06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
then wash it again before your pre wax stuff then wax it.

JMAK74
06-22-2006, 12:25 AM
An example of ICE (and Mr Clean Jet Dry) at work.

Subject - Dad\'s 1998 GMC Sierra - he washes it like going to the dentist - twice a year
Date - Father\'s Day 2006 - girlfriend and I decide as a gift to him to clean his truck (inside and outside - I have no pictures of the inside - the horror, the horror...)

BEFORE:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/JMAK74/CRW_2903.jpg

AFTER:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/JMAK74/CRW_2910.jpg

This ICE works!

(I just have to paint the bush bars for him)

JK

cyberscorpi0
06-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by JMAK74

An example of ICE (and Mr Clean Jet Dry) at work.

Subject - Dad\'s 1998 GMC Sierra - he washes it like going to the dentist - twice a year
Date - Father\'s Day 2006 - girlfriend and I decide as a gift to him to clean his truck (inside and outside - I have no pictures of the inside - the horror, the horror...)

This ICE works!

(I just have to paint the bush bars for him)

JK

How long did it take you to do the whole 9 yards?

JMAK74
06-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by cyberscorpi0

How long did it take you to do the whole 9 yards?

To do the whole truck - probably 4.5hours.

1.5 hours the outside
3 hours the inside

JK

vanpatrick81
09-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by lukel90
Zaino is the way to go, its a shame that no stores in canada sell this stuff and you have to get it online. And to apply zaino \"properly\" takes a about 2-3 days for everything to cure..look into at on their website. zainobrothers.com.....its the real shit...

my friend just told me that he bought some zaino wax at a barbershop in square one. I think he said the store\'s name is The Barber\'s Chair. Don\'t quote me on this because I still value my life.

SwooshICE
09-08-2006, 08:58 PM
my friend just told me that he bought some zaino wax at a barbershop in square one. I think he said the store\'s name is The Barber\'s Chair. Don\'t quote me on this because I still value my life.

i never knew u could use zaino to shave head :D

vanpatrick81
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SwooshICE

i never knew u could use zaino to shave head :D

yeah man. now you know why when it rains, water just beads off their heads :p

KenYork
12-24-2006, 03:33 PM

I was by there last week and yes they do sell it there.