PDA

View Full Version : i hv a question about leasing the 3

benny888
05-13-2006, 12:30 AM
wt can i mod the car??? intake ? exhaust ?? spring ?? after i change these will still hv warrenty ??

LegoMan
05-13-2006, 12:41 AM
if at the end you dont plan on buying out the car than its kind of pointless spending the money to mod it.

majic
05-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by benny888

wt can i mod the car??? intake ? exhast ?? spring ?? after i change these will still hv warrienty ??

eye dun nowwt ur tlkng abt mang... word.. warrenty is 80k km yea noice bro.. lees suxs.. sprng bouns alot no mor.. exhast iz laud guy.. intayk is c00l..

Jeff-TheBiz
05-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by majic

c00l..

I tink u mean k3wl.

Broli
05-14-2006, 01:12 PM
at the end or ur lease if want, u could part out whatever u modded and then put the car back to stock, doubt it would really be a problem!!

lukel90
05-14-2006, 03:36 PM
majic, what school did you go to. those are mad typing and spelling skillz yo..

Jeff-TheBiz
05-15-2006, 09:37 AM
If you take something off, like the side moldings, expect to pay for them when you return the car.

If you get something to enhance the value, ie spoiler, tint... It will be okay as well.

Major Mods, ask at your dealership to be sure.

ds2chan
05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
why would u want to spend so much money modding a car just to return it after a couple of years?? if I were you I\'d finance it.. unless u\'r just planning on changing a few minor things..

bigmikey
05-17-2006, 01:08 PM
if you don\'t want to keep it, then don\'t mod it. it\'s a pain to part out everything. i never anticipated trading in my p5 so i did add mods to it. ie. intake, exhuast, painted interior pieces white etc. then when it comes time to working out the numbers with the dealership, it actually worked out cheaper for me to lease the 2006 m3 GT w/GFX than it would have been to buy out my 4 year old p5. it sucks to give it up cause i loved it but it\'s kind of a no-brainer. the dealerships get you with the fees etc.

Caz
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by bigmikey

it actually worked out cheaper for me to lease the 2006 m3 GT w/GFX than it would have been to buy out my 4 year old p5. it sucks to give it up cause i loved it but it\'s kind of a no-brainer. the dealerships get you with the fees etc.

I think you mean they made you think it was cheaper.
When your lease is up on the 3 you will be back at square one either buying it out or looking for a new car.

bigmikey
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
very true. at this point i was looking at what it would cost me over the next 4 years, and it does mathematically work out to be cheaper to lease the 3.
i also figured was that after 4 years my p5 would have been 8 years old and i\'d probably want a new car (so either way i\'d be giving up a car after 4 years.) i should also have enough money to finance a new one in 4 years time once i\'m out of school and working.
that\'s just my story. either way, financing is the way to go i think. i just can\'t afford the larger monthly payments

Caz
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
After 8 years of car payments what do you have to show?
Therefore it is much more expensive.
I know what you are saying about the extra money and then insurance, gas, etc.
Just remember it is their job to sell/lease new cars. You take the hit on the depreciation of a new car, then they can sell your old car for less than your buy out and still make money as you are in a new vechile.

bigmikey
05-17-2006, 04:00 PM
i agree with you. i think leasing stinks. i wish i had enough cash to finance this new car, but unfortunately i don\'t
i also needed, new tires, tune up, brake job, and new clutch as repairs for the p5 coming up (that also helped with the decision) lol

Caz
05-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I know about that, my civic was getting to that point before I traded it in.

Lease is good if you can write off the payments.

I would have done the same thing as you if money was really tight. After all, you get a new car with full warrenty and the new car smell is always a good bonus.

bigmikey
05-17-2006, 04:44 PM
for sure!! New car smell was part of the decision too :D