PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eye Questions

midnightfxgt
05-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking at MAYBE getting Angel Eyes. Most likely the Raptor kit from Xenon Expert. My Questions are:

1. What does lockdown charge for this (I\'d call but they are closed :))
2. Have you had any issues? (I know about Bubba\'s from his post)
3. How do you have them wired? I was considering having them hooked up to the fogs.

Thanks
John

bubba1983
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Hey guys,

I am looking at MAYBE getting Angel Eyes. Most likely the Raptor kit from Xenon Expert. My Questions are:

3. How do you have them wired? I was considering having them hooked up to the fogs.

Thanks
John

my install was $200, to my understanding they have gone up in price

well u know about my issues...also the glue/epoxy used for my thinlines after times goes brown ...no biggie

mines wired up to a direct independant switch on the blanks where the cluster dimmer switch is, turn them on whenever u want. Mine used to be wired to the parking lights...but i wanted independant control over them

bluntman
05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Hey guys,

Thanks
John

Lockdown charged me $200 a couple of weeks ago.

None what so ever...thanks to Bubba for being the guinea pig. ;)

I had then connected in the same fashion as Bubba, to a switch (connected to the ignition). This way if one of DDEs goes kaput I can turn them off. Although, Lockdown will connect them any way you want, I paid an extra $5 for the switch.

McGuyver_3
05-22-2006, 09:02 PM
you are all so lucky to have them already i am still waiting on delivery on mine damit
\\

bluntman
05-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Patience. I had a wait a few days before Devin was able to get the chromiums in stock. It was worth the wait.

McGuyver_3
05-23-2006, 12:17 AM
i didnt buy mine off of devin i purchased mine off of ebay for 50 CDN they are the new ccfl ones with the xenon look to them. Will look good with my xenons i have now lol.
these are the ones im getting (http://cgi.ebay.ca/XENON-CCFL-ANGEL-EYES-7000K-03-04-05-06-Mazda-3_W0QQitemZ8068398054QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
So excited i bid on them not the buy it now price thats how i got them so cheap

MazdaTree
05-23-2006, 12:25 AM
they look very similar to the chromiums

midnightfxgt
05-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys!

I also want to have the orange reflector taken out once the housing is baked, but not sure how tough it is. If its glued or something, forget it :)

-John

bubba1983
05-23-2006, 07:23 AM
its just held in there by a simple little notch...
when y ou remove the orange reflector, it won\'t be smoothe, there will be a visible notch present...wehre the orange reflector would set in

bubba1983
05-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Patience. I had a wait a few days before Devin was able to get the chromiums in stock. It was worth the wait.

i think my wait for the entire proces to be complete was a few weeks, LOL

bluntman
05-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by my_mazda3

i didnt buy mine off of devin i purchased mine off of ebay for 50 CDN they are the new ccfl ones with the xenon look to them. Will look good with my xenons i have now lol.
these are the ones im getting (http://cgi.ebay.ca/XENON-CCFL-ANGEL-EYES-7000K-03-04-05-06-Mazda-3_W0QQitemZ8068398054QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Those look a lot like the ones I bought from Devin. Good luck on the auction.

CoolColombian
05-23-2006, 11:55 AM
1. I don\'t know how much Lockdown charge because i installed them myself.

2. The only issue that i\'ve had is waterproofing, i use to give my engine bay a quick wash with hi presure water every time that i wash my car and sometimes i got water in the ballast and one of the rings goes off but after dry it a bit it comes back on. Other than that they always run perfect.

3. I wired them to the low beam power wires 5 cm before they got in the light housing and they are on every time that the lights are on, as DRLs and at night time. I found this way so easy and i like them always on.

Good luck with yours.

bluntman
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh, one other thing about Lockdown\'s installation. I don\'t know where everything, all of the wiring and ballasts are completely hidden. Another professional installation!

McGuyver_3
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM

I won the auction already that was just another auction he has up exactly like what i baught thats why i said i got them for 50 CDN shipped but shipping is lagging behind

midnightfxgt
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Lockdown is $200 (as Bluntman pointed out). I gave them a shout today. :)

-John

bubba1983
05-24-2006, 07:26 AM
wicked, so the price has stayed the same since me!

LOCKDOWN-P5
05-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Hello Everyone

Our current price for the installation of an angel eye kit is $199.99 plus GST/PST (4 hours of labour at $49.99 per hour). This includes the mounting and wiring of the angel eyes with wiring of the angel eyes to the parking light circuit.

If you would like to wire the angel eyes to a switch or to another turn on source, there would be an extra charge. This fee would be determined when the vehicle comes in for the installation and the turn source has been dtermined (eg. toggle switch/DRLs/foglight switch etc.)

If you would like to book an installation appointment please feel free to call us anytime at (647)-435-5896 and we would be glad to set one up for you.

FYI: The sealing of the headlight housing is done with a special mixture of silicone and hot glue that we use and has been determine to work very well. We have been working on a case by case basis and have found no issues with condensation using this method, HOWEVER there is always an inherent risk of condensation issues when taking apart a headlight housing and we cannot 100% guarantee that there will be no issues.

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

McGuyver_3
05-30-2006, 04:49 PM

I received my angel eyes yesterday and they are predater chromium ones They are exactly the same

McGuyver_3
06-06-2006, 11:12 PM
they are installed i heated up the seals with the heat gun and pulled them apart. It took 4 hours to do both sides. The drivers side wasnt sealed properly and had condensation build up so i removed the headlight and resealed it works perfectly

same0l679
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM

I received my angel eyes yesterday and they are predater chromium ones They are exactly the same

hey my_mazda3 did you get charged extra for any taxes, customs or duties when you got it? Do you have a pix of it installed on your car?

McGuyver_3
06-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by same0l679

hey my_mazda3 did you get charged extra for any taxes, customs or duties when you got it? Do you have a pix of it installed on your car?

I got mine off of ebay for like 40 dollars shipped the guy who sent them said they were worth 10 dollars so i never got charged for duties. Once i have some time i will post pics of all my recent mods with the leather seat heaters and the angel eyes. I have been extremely busy lately though

McGuyver_3
06-15-2006, 11:54 AM
pics to angel eyes 56k be warned (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6522)

same0l679
07-25-2006, 08:37 AM
question for those of you that have gotten the angel eyes installed at Lockdown is it normal to have a slightly bigger gap between the headlight housing and the hood? my headlights also don\'t seem flush with my body anymore it kinda sticks out...also the glass part of the headlight that was heated in order to seperate the glass from the housing have some areas that look like it melted (im assuming this is suppose to be happen because they use a heat gun to melt the glue)...and there were finger prints left around the chrome part of the projector headlight... I\'ll take pictures of it later today but i just wanted to know if this was normal. if so then i have nothing to complain about...thanks!

jaym3
07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
i installed angeleyes myself using a heat gun. the headlights do stick out a bit, and ive noticed the bigger gap between the headlight and the hood. and also, sadly, ive also noticed a \'melting\' of the edges of the headlights. this probably couldve been prevented if i shot the heat gun more carefully. as condensation is pissing me off, i am going to reseal my headlights and see how that goes, hopefully no more ugly gap between the headlight and hood.

bubba1983
07-25-2006, 03:52 PM

question for those of you that have gotten the angel eyes installed at Lockdown is it normal to have a slightly bigger gap between the headlight housing and the hood? my headlights also don\'t seem flush with my body anymore it kinda sticks out...also the glass part of the headlight that was heated in order to seperate the glass from the housing have some areas that look like it melted (im assuming this is suppose to be happen because they use a heat gun to melt the glue)...and there were finger prints left around the chrome part of the projector headlight... I\'ll take pictures of it later today but i just wanted to know if this was normal. if so then i have nothing to complain about...thanks!

with reguards to the fingerprints, it would have been your perogative to ensure that when they cleaned up the headlight, that it was done to your standards/satisfaction. It is YOUR money, and the you SHOULD make sure that you get what u want!

same0l679
07-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

with reguards to the fingerprints, it would have been your perogative to ensure that when they cleaned up the headlight, that it was done to your standards/satisfaction. It is YOUR money, and the you SHOULD make sure that you get what u want!

well i am not trying to bash or hate on them or anything i just wanted to know if these things were normal...as for the fingerprints i didn\'t see them until the headlight was already resealed because he did everything upstairs without me being able to inspect them until it was too late...they are good bunch of guys there at Lockdown and i didnt want to be one of those nit picky and annoying customers that complains about every little thing...thats why i wanted to know if it was normal before i said anything to them. the finger prints I can live with as you really have to be staring at it to notice the finger prints. but the gap between the hood and how it isnt flush with the fender any more were the things i was more concerened about...

bubba1983
07-25-2006, 05:24 PM
take it back...say yout not happy
you have a one year waranty...

i was back twice!

McGuyver_3
07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
go get some putty from canadian tire its like 4$ and put it between the headlights. Let it dry for a good 24 hours and condensation will be gone. It worked for me. :)