PDA

View Full Version : 1% GST reduction

Skarbro
05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
First of all, a little about myself as I\'m new here. My 2000 Z24 was just written off in a collision with another car. The other guy is getting charged and is 100% at-fault. I have a cheque coming to me from the insurance company. I\'m looking to buy a new 2006 Sport GT now. Would it be worth it for me to wait until July 1st to order a Mazda 3? Can I order one now and have them bill me for it later?

bluntman
05-24-2006, 08:29 PM
You\'ll save about $300 once the GST has be reduced...more money for mods...or gas.

I\'m pretty sure that the dealership will base the taxes on the date that you sign the deal. That\'s why you heard a lot from car dealerships as soon as the announcement was made by the Federal government.

Welcome to the forums BTW.

SABIO
05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Alot of dealerships are offering a 1% gst reduction Now as an incentive to buy.
Just make your best deal then tell them your not buying unless you get another 1% :D

Mica3SGT
05-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Get another 3% when you pay by cash - I\'ve seen individuals use a credit card to get airmiles.
A retailer pays that 3% (and sometimes more) to the credit card company - they LOVE you if you pay cash - make your money work for you and demand the cash incentive - it works! :)

cphowitzer
05-24-2006, 11:46 PM
credit card is not regarded as cash?

SIM SIMMA
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I drove by Mazda of Toronto and they have a huge thing on their window saying the GST reduction is on there.

Give Jeff (The Biz) a call.

Skarbro
05-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I\'ve been reading all the positive experiences people have been having with TheBiz. Maybe I\'ll give him a shout.

Do these cars usually need to be made-to order from the factory? How long does it usually take?

bubba1983
05-25-2006, 07:30 AM
pretty much dependant on availability, your selection, color, etc..i got mine in liek 2 weeks, they located one close to wehre i lived. Its really hit and miss....could take a few days...or a few weeks, or heaven forbid...a few months..

TheProfessor
05-25-2006, 08:06 AM
My car took about six weeks to arrive while a friend of mine got his within a couple of days!

MAZDA Kitten
05-25-2006, 09:29 AM
My baby was waiting for me on the lot - ready to go!
\'Bought\' it on a Saturday and picked up the following the Saturday

bluntman
05-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Skarbro

Do these cars usually need to be made-to order from the factory? How long does it usually take?

Manufacturers usually outfit their cars with the more popular options for that particular country and produce them in numbers. It\'s just the matter of the dealership looking for the particular colour and options combination that you are interested in within the region/country.

I was first told that my car would be around a 4 week wait, but the dealership \"pulled some strings\" and got it a week later.

SIM SIMMA
05-25-2006, 09:44 AM
My exact car I wanted was sitting in the showroom so I got it in 2 days :)

Don\'t dealers have a list of what inventory they obviously have and can get? That way you don\'t have to build to order.

What colour were you planning on getting?

bluntman
05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jobes

Don\'t dealers have a list of what inventory they obviously have and can get? That way you don\'t have to build to order.

True, most of the time the only thing dealers have to deal with are customer demand for the product and their monthly allotment of vehicles.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-25-2006, 10:01 AM

I drove by Mazda of Toronto and they have a huge thing on their window saying the GST reduction is on there.

Give Jeff (The Biz) a call.

Yeah, we aren\'t waiting til July, and this has no affect on your deal on the car, it should be looked at kinda like Grad Rebate..

Originally posted by Mica3SGT

Get another 3% when you pay by cash - I\'ve seen individuals use a credit card to get airmiles.
A retailer pays that 3% (and sometimes more) to the credit card company - they LOVE you if you pay cash - make your money work for you and demand the cash incentive - it works! :)

Only works at furniture outlet stores and refurb electronic warehouses :D

In fact, most dealerships have a maximum you can put on your credit card as well.. (the retailer has to pay a percentage of the purchase to MC/Visa)

As for a \"cash incentive\" (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=5401) you do have your choice. You could finance for 24 months at 0% or take another $500 +tax off the car...

As for my inventory.. still tons of colours, packages.. drop by or gimme a call.

Skarbro
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM

This is exactly what I want:

Black 2006 3 Sport GT with:
- manual tranny
- moonroof
- a/c

I also want a block heater. I\'m unaware if this is a standard built option.

majic
05-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Originally posted by Mica3SGT

Only works at furniture outlet stores and refurb electronic warehouses :D

In fact, most dealerships have a maximum you can put on your credit card as well.. (the retailer has to pay a percentage of the purchase to MC/Visa)

yah.. the most i could put down for my 3 was $2000 (1K deposit and then 1K remaining) same with my mom\'s accord..

SIM SIMMA
05-25-2006, 10:24 AM

- manual tranny
- moonroof
- a/c

The Biz? Prima_Deals? Car4u?

Anyone? :D

Jeff-TheBiz
05-25-2006, 10:48 AM

- manual tranny
- moonroof
- a/c

The Biz?

Have that exact car at my compound, I can have it ready for you at 7:00pm if we can get things rolling by 12:00pm.

Lemme know.

Jeff
(416)642-7777

just gimme a call to discuss pricing.

Caz
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
TheBiz can deliver as fast as a pizza place. :D

bluntman
05-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I\'ve heard he occassionally does a PDI delivering pizzas too.

Skarbro
05-25-2006, 01:16 PM

- manual tranny
- moonroof
- a/c

The Biz?

Have that exact car at my compound, I can have it ready for you at 7:00pm if we can get things rolling by 12:00pm.

Lemme know.

Jeff
(416)642-7777

just gimme a call to discuss pricing.
Wow that\'s fast. I will give you a call. Or better yet, I would like to meet you face-to-face. Your dealership isn\'t too far from me. I\'m prepared to talk price, but I\'m not prepared to actually buy it yet because I\'m not yet through with the insurance company. I will definately come down and meet you though. Thanks.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Sounds good.

Please call me first, so I can make sure I am available.

I am normally here from 2-9 Monday & Tuesday and 9-6ish Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

Just a heads up, as soon as your insurance company gives you the amount of your cheque, they will be looking for their rental back...

bluntman
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM

Just a heads up, as soon as your insurance company gives you the amount of your cheque, they will be looking for their rental back...

That\'s perfect since the TTC drivers don\'t mind if you don\'t pay the full fare or not. ;)