PDA

View Full Version : New D2S HiD bulbs on ebay, and yellow fo

tommy36
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Did anyone see these new aftermarket straight from japan 6000k, 8000k, or 12000k D2S hid bulbs for the mazda3? The price is right for an upgrade, PIAA sells them for $450.00. Being that stock is only 4300k i think 8000k would look amazing. Of course, i understand that you guys don\'t know too much about the stock HIDs because they don\'t off them in Canada, why is that?
The other thing is who has experience with yellow fogs?, that have a nice deep color, and might look good with 8000k hids. I don\'t think my fogs will look good if i upgrade to 8000k. So i\'m thinking of converting, so if anyone has any suggestions and pictures let me know. Thanks.

http://stores.ebay.com/MotoringMax

Xenon
05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
There are a lot of HID threads in this forum. I suggest you read them.

As you may learn 8000K is in no way better than 4300K, except in colour. Light output is lower, flourecent illumination (street signs, road paint) is not as reactive.

I would also like to emphasize that COLOUR from an HID system should come from the prism affect of the projector and it\'s reflectors and NOT the bulb.

Just search HID in the search area of the forum, and you will see what I\'m talking about.

I will keep this thread open for now if discussion about the specific kits you linked to arises, but if this becomes another HID generic discussion thread, it will be locked.