PDA

View Full Version : HIDS dont turn off !!! Help

chinsterr
06-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey guys,

So i left my car out in the rain after a crazy thunderstorm only to find my HIDS going hay-wire. The lights are in OFF-MODE and keys are not in the ignition , but the HIDS are ON ! I noticed that the aftermarket relay got wet and had brown liquid \'ooozing\' (for lack of a better word) from it. Afriad that my battery will die over night , i unplugged EVERYTHING and electrical taped all the terminals. Has anyone had this problem before ? Could it be the relay ? Is it safe to use a relay that has been wet ?

Btw: When the car is on and the lights are on everything is normal. It is only turning them off that is the problem .

PLEASE help ! I NEED to drive at night !!!!

Chinsterr

MajesticBlueNTO
06-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by chinsterr

Hey guys,

So i left my car out in the rain after a crazy thunderstorm only to find my HIDS going hay-wire. The lights are in OFF-MODE and keys are not in the ignition , but the HIDS are ON ! I noticed that the aftermarket relay got wet and had brown liquid \'ooozing\' (for lack of a better word) from it. Afriad that my battery will die over night , i unplugged EVERYTHING and electrical taped all the terminals. Has anyone had this problem before ? Could it be the relay ? Is it safe to use a relay that has been wet ?

Btw: When the car is on and the lights are on everything is normal. It is only turning them off that is the problem .

PLEASE help ! I NEED to drive at night !!!!

Chinsterr

didn\'t you get it installed at Jake Tech? Take it back to them the next time they\'re open (sunday? monday?) and have them fix it.

is your relay vertical or horizontal? try tapping the relay to see if the switch inside will move to turn it off. if not...

In the meantime, find the fuse to the relay (should be close to the battery +ve) and pull it out to \"turn it off\" and put the fuse back to \"turn it on\". This way, you don\'t have to unplug everything.

chinsterr
06-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Jaketech - Alarm install / independent parking light

lockdown - HID install

If i let the relay dry , do you think its still good ? or should i just get a new one ?

same0l679
06-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Something similar happened to me in the winter time...it was a defective relay...and since i got them installed at lockdown they replaced everything for me no questions asked...

LOCKDOWN-P5
06-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello Chinsterr

Please call us at your earliest convenience and we will fix this up for you right away. i am not sure what is happening there, but it sounds as if there may be a stuck contact on the relay in your vehicle.

If that is the case we will replace it for you right away free of charge, with no appointment necessary.

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-05-2006, 02:42 PM

brown liquid \'ooozing\' (for lack of a better word) from it.

Sounds like rust eating the inside of the relay..

chinsterr
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Chinsterr

Please call us at your earliest convenience and we will fix this up for you right away. i am not sure what is happening there, but it sounds as if there may be a stuck contact on the relay in your vehicle.

If that is the case we will replace it for you right away free of charge, with no appointment necessary.

Regards

Jeff Bates

Jeff, i will be in toronto on June 17/18 . Is this good for you ?

Nextmod
06-05-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Chinsterr

Regards

Jeff Bates

Jeff, i will be in toronto on June 17/18 . Is this good for you ?

with no appointment necessary.
lol

LOCKDOWN-P5
06-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Hello Chinsterr

Question for you, I noticed in your other posting that Jaketech re-wired your HIDs?? To do this they would have had to take apart your relay and harness which we originally wired up. The reason for taking it apart would have been to change the configuration of the coil inputs of the relay.

I am concerned that when they took it apart that they may have not taped it all back up, meaning moisture would enter the relay and cause the situation you expereincing. I\'d like to check the set-up for you and get this working again, but I\'d just like to let everyone know that the above may be a possible cause for your relay having corrosion coming out of it.

I state the above because we\'ve never had a case when a relay we\'ve wired up has corroded to the point of failure, we ALWAYS ensure one of two things, if the relay is under the hood in an exposed location then we wrap it in almost half a role of electrical tape to ENSURE good sealing from moisture of the elctrical connections, OR we locate the relay in a location that is free from moisture exposure (on the 3 that would be inside the battery box).

We try our best here at LOCKDOWN to maintain a trouble free reputation, it is VERY important to us and when an issue does come up we resolve it and make sure it does not happen ever again. We stand by all of our work and will be here help you if you have issues with any work that we have done.

Regards

Jeff Bates

chinsterr
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I believe that when you guys installed the HIDS , the ballast/ignitor for the drivers side bulb was tucked away underneath the stock intake. I recentlly installed an aftermarket CAI and now the ballast and such are exposed. I am not sure if this caused the problem, but while i was unplugging the HIDS i did notice ALOT of electrical tape (took triplezoom and i nearly an hour to take it all off).

Well, I\'ll just bring the car in on the 17th and we\'ll work from there

:)