PDA

View Full Version : 28 month oil change at MoT

bluntman
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
I have just returned home after picking up my car at MoT where I had my car\'s oil changed and I am not too happy. Yesterday, I called to set up my appointment and spoke with Stanley. I told him that in addition to the oil change I wanted the rear brakes checked because of the excessive amount of brake dust on the rear wheels.

This morning I dropped off my car, hoping to talk to Vincent because I know he knows about the TSB on the rear brakes. Unfortunately, I got the new guy, Ali. Not only did he ignore me for several minutes eventhough I was the only customer in the dealership at the time, but he audacity to tell me that an oil change was $54 plus taxes because they needed to rotate the tires. I of course told him that my tires don\'t need rotation and I only wanted an oil change. I added that I also wanted my rear brakes checked because of the brake dust issue so he added that to the work order. After signing the work order I left the dealership, but with a sinking feeling inside. I had a sneaking suspicion that my brakes wouldn\'t get looked.

The end of the day comes and no phone call from the dealership. I start thinking, is my car ready? Was there a problem? Where the parts not available? I arrive at the dealership and I see my car in the parking lot. I guess it was done. I walk in and I hear Ali again, telling another customer that an oil change is $54. Unfortunately, that customer agreed and signed the signed the work order. My turn, this time I spoke Stanley who just walked me up to reception where I paid my $47 for the oil change. The work order did mention the rear brakes were checked but the tech reported that everything OK.

In a bit of huff, I went downstairs looking for Joe, but he wasn\'t there so I spoke to Dave. He took down my receipt number and said that they would get in contact with me in the next couple of days.

Dave (and Joe) are aware of the TSB and are both stand up guys, I give them credit for that, but what kind of *****s (Vincent excluded) do they have at the Service Counter? You can slap anyone off the street behind the counter and call them a Service Advisor, but where is the customer service? No phone call to tell me that my car is ready, I am practically dismissed (in the morning) even though there is no one else in the dealership, my service concern is dismissed as well and I am lied to about the price of the oil change!

FLIPDADY
06-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Not to worry blunty we\'ll look after you.;)

bluntman
06-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I know you and Dave do...Vincent as well. I don\'t know about Ali or Stanley.

Maybe it\'s because I don\'t have a friend named Ali? :D

TheProfessor
06-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Hmmm, sucks to hear. I\'ve never had to deal with Ali before.....only Vincent and Stanley both of whom have been good to me thus far.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Not even a hello? I was in all day...

bluntman
06-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Oh, you\'re at MoT? :p

majic
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM

i bet you it was the sign \"DO NOT DISTURB THIS CRAZY ANIMAL\" on the glass that scared him off :D

Jeff-TheBiz
06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
And yesterday only I was giving out free $5 bills..

So sad.

Next time.

FLIPDADY
06-07-2006, 08:59 AM

And yesterday only I was giving out free $5 bills..

So sad.

Next time.
What the? Where\'s mine?

bluntman
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
The sign read $15 bills.

fourtrack78
06-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear about that Blunty. I saw your car in the morning when I came for my stubby. I also told stanley about the brake dust from the rear brakes when i got my oil change and nothing was done about it \"they couldn\'t find any problems\". I only have 9500 km.

bluntman
06-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Talk to Vincent.

ds2chan
06-07-2006, 11:41 AM
this is making me think that I won\'t get a call about my car either.. it\'s in to get the wiper switch fixed..

bluntman
06-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

this is making me think that I won\'t get a call about my car either.. it\'s in to get the wiper switch fixed..

Just talk to the right person.

FLIPDADY
06-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

Your car is here?:p

ds2chan
06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
lol.. it\'s still there from yesterday for the wiper switch..

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6395

is it in yet?? is it being intalled?? I left it there overnite since I didn\'t need my car..