PDA

View Full Version : Tail Lights Blow?

midnightfxgt
06-21-2006, 11:16 AM
So... Long story short.

I got my car back from the body shop (Was rearended) and they had the bumper off the car. When I got it back the tail lights would not work. They worked if you pressed the brake, turn signals were ok, and licence plate lights. But when you turned on the headlights, I had no tails.

Turns out that the Dual Filament stopped working correctly in both bulbs.

I find it odd that this happened simultaniously... Anyone know if there is something that would cause this? I am more just curious, as I have already replaced the lights. :)

Thanks
John

FLIPDADY
06-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Bad connection? Wrong bulbs?

midnightfxgt
06-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Stock Bulbs... Bad connection is more likely to blow a fuse no? Odd that the bulb was fine (minus the filament not working for the tails).

-John

AXCL
06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
A hot filament is broken very easy, if they were on, they were likely broken when you were rearended.

When were you hit, what shop did you go to? I just picked mine up last Friday from a rear ender aswell. Maybe I should check my lights.

Xenon
06-22-2006, 01:47 AM
you check the fuse for the taillights? I\'m going to assume that you did, judging by your 2nd post? Just want to clarify.

midnightfxgt
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Didnt happen during the accident. I drove around a few days before taking it in.

I Didnt check the fuse. I simply used a test bulb, and it worked. So I know its not the fuse.

Went in the shop... Came out, and both were pooched. But Like I said, the \"break\" filament was intact and they still lit when the brake was depressed.

-john