PDA

View Full Version : Springs and Coils

MattD
06-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey All

I havent been around for a while, to focused on work. Just wondering, I am gonna be trading in my 04 Mazda 3 for an 06 in the next couple of months and I am just wondering if anyone has the Mazdaspeed shocks and struts installed with the Mazdaspeed coils. I want to know how the car rides and if you have aftermarket rims and rubber let me know how they fit, if there is any rubbing or whatever. I am thinking that when I order my car I will get the new suspension installed before I pick it up. So give me a heads up. I am going with Mazdaspeed mostly cause I am leasing at least for now and I don\'t feel like voiding the warranty. Let me know any thoughts or opinions. Also what size rims with offsets you use and what kind and size of rubbers.

mEtH
06-28-2006, 11:28 PM
That setup does not go very low, its not going to be hard to find a set of wheels to fit in those wells. I dont think there are many people running the Mazdaspeed springs either.

S.F.W.
06-29-2006, 12:37 AM
as I recall, the mazdaspeed springs are a rebadged version of the eiback prokit. Which drops 1.2\" all around.

Broli
06-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

as I recall, the mazdaspeed springs are a rebadged version of the eiback prokit. Which drops 1.2\" all around.

lol

in that case
i am running debadged mazdaspeed springs!

lol

bluntman
06-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I thought they were Racing Beat since the sway bars were also Racing Beat.

FLIPDADY
06-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Not neccesarily, the bars are slightly different and it would say Racing Beat on them like the Protege kit does.

I wouldn\'t be surprised if the springs were made by H&R or Eibach.

MajesticBlueNTO
06-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Racing Beat only lowers 0.75\" (which shouldn\'t require the rear camber kit) and is the most \"function over form\" of the springs available (i.e. they are ~20% stiffer and a tad lower for improved handling first, the look of it is secondary).

TheProfessor
06-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by MattD

I am gonna be trading in my 04 Mazda 3 for an 06 in the next couple of months

Just wondering why you\'d want to do that?

MattD
06-30-2006, 06:11 PM
My lease is coming due in February and I want to get into a new Mazda 3 with Leather and Sunroof and all the goodies that i dont have on my sport.