PDA

View Full Version : 04-06 Mazda3 Altezza-style LED Tails

justin
07-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Really been thinking about buying a set of these (http://cgi.ebay.ca/04-05-06-MAZDA3-MAZDA-3-5DR-EURO-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-BLK-4PC_W0QQitemZ280006493849QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33716Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Broli, still wanna buy my tail lights? You know you wanna! :D

Edit: Changed link, had linked to sedan version. Thanks bluntman.

bluntman
07-15-2006, 11:23 PM
The ones you linked to are for a sedan, they won\'t fit your hatch. Xenon recently bought a pair of those and he seems to like them a lot.

Check out this thread...
http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6525

justin
07-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

The ones you linked to are for a sedan, they won\'t fit your hatch. Xenon recently bought a pair of those and he seems to like them a lot.

Check out this thread...
http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6525

Changed the link above to the correct one. Thanks bluntman for noticing that when clearly I was too blind to see it. :D

billy917
07-16-2006, 12:16 AM
someone selling their sedan tails??
pm me

bluntman
07-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Not in this thread, we both have hatches.

Skarbro
07-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I wouldn\'t really call those \"Altezza-style\".

FLIPDADY
07-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Skarbro

I wouldn\'t really call those \"Altezza-style\".
More like aftermarket LED tails.;)

bubba1983
07-20-2006, 11:53 AM
ill be sellin off my tail lights in the near future if your willing to wait!

Jeff-TheBiz
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

Uh, yeah.... me too...

* Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge... Say no more... *

3GFX
07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Xenon\'s LED taillights look sick. They are definitly a nice addition to the car.

bubba1983
07-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Uh, yeah.... me too...

ill fight you for the first sale!

Jeff-TheBiz
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by TheBiz

Uh, yeah.... me too...

ill fight you for the first sale!

I think I have a small unfair advantage... I am here like 50 hours a week.. :D

tommy36
07-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Is anyone familiar on how the hookup is on those led tails? I mean do they have to be hardwired or do they just plug into the existing plugs? Are those leds wired individually or are they just lit from a single reflective light? I don\'t know how they work damn it.....:(

justin
07-27-2006, 10:47 PM
AFAIK, they plug into the OEM plugs. I\'ve never bought LED tails before, so I couldn\'t answer your second question. Did you try to contact the manufacturer?

majic
07-28-2006, 10:15 AM
just came across this on M3F forum.. figure i\'d let ya know and then yoiu can decide.. as i stated in the other post, not sure if the quality _IS_ subpar or he can\'t get his hands on stock (or maybe not profitable enough).. anyway..

EDIT: EFFECTIVE JULY 14TH.

Well normally I would say we have them but we decided to refund our customers and return them to the manufacturer. That includes all colors of these tail lights. We are pulling the plug on selling this poor quality product.

Here\'s why:

1- There\'s a big problem with the 5 door version that could easily have them fall of from your car just by driving. Unacceptable. The 4 doors version isn\'t impressive either. That product fall short from the standard of quality we ask of products we sell.

2- We don\'t like selling something that you can get cheaper elsewhere for the exact same thing. These tail lights started at 200$ on eBay. Now they are $159. You\'ll never find them cheaper than on eBay.

So bottom line is we strongly don\'t recommend these LED tail lights. The quality is simply not there. If you still want to get them, buy them from eBay. At least you\'ll get them cheap.

CoolColombian
07-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Xenons LED tails seems to be a good quality product so far. I still wanna try them, i\'ll let you know about it when the time comes. :D

Xenon
08-04-2006, 08:11 PM
I already replied to M3-GT\'s posts on Mazda3 forums, and have answered numerous PMs on that forum regarding his statement of the quality of the taillights.

Here is my opinion with total honesty:

The outside (taillights and signals) lights fit with no issues whatsoever. They bolt on, nice and tight with threaded screws. So it will be very difficult for them to fall off. They are bright and stylish.

The inner (reverse) lights fit well, but not as nicely as the outter ones. You may want a second person to help you install the reverse lights (One to hold them, one to screw them in place), only because you have to push them down and in while screwing them in to get them to fit properly. Once they are in, they are pretty secure.

The outter taillights have no problems in quality, the inner ones could have been made a little better, because with the hatch open and if you wiggle hard enough, the reverse lights will come off. With the hatch door closed, it\'s clamped down, so it won\'t go anywhere. This is only because on the hatch, the reverse lights are held in by clamps and not threaded screws like the rest of the taillight assembly.

Also another note, all four pieces are held in the exact same way as the OEM taillights would have been. You may have to tighten all four assemblies about 2 weeks after installing them since the weather striping that come with the taillights are thicker than the OEM ones. They need time to compress into shape.

Devin98
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Well as most of your know I am now carrying these tail lights and I have zero quality concerns about them. I do not know where the other supplier is having problems with them I am just going to assume they are having a supply issue because there are no quality issues at all.