silkenlee
07-17-2006, 06:09 AM
http://www.xcarlink.com/images/lsq/box.JPG

http://www.xcarlink.com/images/iPod%20packed.JPG
http://www.xcarlink.com/images/iPod%20unpacked.JPG

http://www.xcarlink.com/images/lsq/removing%20the%20dash-3.JPG

bluntman
07-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Your pictures aren\'t showing. This forum software doesn\'t like the .jpg in upper case letters, rename them using lower case letters.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

silkenlee
07-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Your pictures aren\'t showing. This forum software doesn\'t like the .jpg in upper case letters, rename them using lower case letters.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

Hi, bluntman,
Thank you very much!

bluntman
07-17-2006, 08:22 AM
How abou a little more information on the unit? Can you control you iPod through the steering wheel controls? Is anything displayed on the LCD? Does it charge the iPod while connected?

3GFX
07-17-2006, 08:43 AM
What other option are there....for 130$ plus the IPOD price....about 300$ it looks like I can have about 30GB of music in my car.

BUT WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS????

PHATBOX??? I see prices at about 700$ for the phatbox...plus install!!! Is this the way to go? Is it seriously that pricey?

I guess I\'ll have to resort to an IPOD :( I really don\'t want one...

Suggestions...?

silkenlee
07-17-2006, 08:44 AM

How abou a little more information on the unit? Can you control you iPod through the steering wheel controls? Is anything displayed on the LCD? Does it charge the iPod while connected?

From the Manual, it is said that you can control iPod through the steering wheel controls.
it can show which playlist and which song. it charges the iPod.

bluntman
07-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 3GFX

What other option are there....for 130$ plus the IPOD price....about 300$ it looks like I can have about 30GB of music in my car.

PHATBOX??? I see prices at about 700$ for the phatbox...plus install!!! Is this the way to go? Is it seriously that pricey?

Suggestions...?

The Phatbox isn\'t as portable as an iPod...it\'s stuck in your car.

Originally posted by silkenlee

From the Manual, it is said that you can control iPod through the steering wheel controls.

It doesn\'t sound like you\'ve tried it.

silkenlee
07-17-2006, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by 3GFX

Suggestions...?

The Phatbox isn\'t as portable as an iPod...it\'s stuck in your car.

Originally posted by silkenlee

It doesn\'t sound like you\'ve tried it.

Mine is not steering wheel controls.

bluntman
07-17-2006, 09:29 AM
So you\'re not from North America?

3GFX
07-17-2006, 09:30 AM
I\'ve tried it, and its nice...but I already have an mp3 player, and I just bought 1GB card for my phone, which will now be my new mp3 player. I don\'t see the point for more than 1GB of storage because 300 songs at one time is pretty decent, thats well over 10 hours of music. Some people use there IPODS soley to hold their music collection. I have almost 50GB of music, so no IPOD at the moment can hold all my music anyway.

bluntman
07-17-2006, 09:34 AM
There is a 60GB iPod. That\'s your entire music collection plus a couple of movies. Either way, it\'s never a good idea to keep your entire collection on in one place.

SilkenLee actually works for or is closely tied to the company that manufactures or sells the product that he/she has installed and is not even located in North America.

Admins, do we have a forum policy against this sort of \"viral\" marketing?

silkenlee
07-17-2006, 09:39 AM

So you\'re not from North America?

I am from Asia.