PDA

View Full Version : Free Brakes for My 04

idreamofmazda
07-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Last Saturday, I took my 2004 Mazda 3 for the 24k service (I have 27k) to Ajax Mazda. They said there was a TSB on noisy brakes for the 04’s and my brakes were grooved and warped, so they replaced the pads and rotors on the front and rear for free, my lucky day eh?

So if anyone has noisy brakes, don’t hesitate to complain about it.

FLIPDADY
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
The circumstances vary when it comes to getting your brakes replaced under warranty.

For example service history, the amount of km\'s that are on the car, and VIN range.

Ultimately it\'s up to the dealer to determine wether or not the brakes are covered.

Cero21
07-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I think I rather not have grooved and warped brakes in the first place...

MazdaTree
07-18-2006, 03:52 AM
mine make noise in reverse but not all the time... when I took it to the dealer I couldn\'t replicate the noise so they couldn\'t do nothing...

doughboyr6
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by idreamofmazda

Last Saturday, I took my 2004 Mazda 3 for the 24k service (I have 27k) to Ajax Mazda. They said there was a TSB on noisy brakes for the 04’s and my brakes were grooved and warped, so they replaced the pads and rotors on the front and rear for free, my lucky day eh?

So if anyone has noisy brakes, don’t hesitate to complain about it.

you hardly drive your car....04 model only 27k?

i just had my brakes done yesterday by the dealer, wasn\'t covered under warranty, they said, my car is now over 1 yr and 20,000kms, so its not covered anymore....they ahd to re-machine the rotors/pads....

chaser
07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

mine make noise in reverse but not all the time... when I took it to the dealer I couldn\'t replicate the noise so they couldn\'t do nothing...

same here :(

i\'ve regular services including the 24000km one
my vin falls in the right range
i\'d 27000km or less when i complained

Sunnybono
08-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Well just got back from my mechanics and found out that my rear pads are completely gone and I still have more than 50% on the front pads. The car is driven by my wife who baby\'s it and I maintain it. I service this car more than what the mfg requires and at 56k kms, the rears are completely toast. I don\'t know about you guys, but I\'ve never heard of this b4. I own honda\'s & toyotas and never had to replace even my front breaks b4 90k kms.

What gives?? I know I don\'t stand a chance at the dealership with any warranty claim, but what kind of stupid design is this for brakes????

sk

mazidane
08-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Sunnybono

Well just got back from my mechanics and found out that my rear pads are completely gone and I still have more than 50% on the front pads. The car is driven by my wife who baby\'s it and I maintain it. I service this car more than what the mfg requires and at 56k kms, the rears are completely toast. I don\'t know about you guys, but I\'ve never heard of this b4. I own honda\'s & toyotas and never had to replace even my front breaks b4 90k kms.

What gives?? I know I don\'t stand a chance at the dealership with any warranty claim, but what kind of stupid design is this for brakes????

sk

In my previous 02 Civic, I had to replace the front brakes at ~65K, it was a shared car driven by my Mum as well, and at the risk of incurring the wrath of our female members :sarc , no offence meant though, I believe women tend to use the brakes a bit more often, well the ones driving Autos atleast?:p