PDA

View Full Version : Stone chips

reesers3sport
07-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Anyone know of a good body place in the GTA (preferably York Region) to repair stone chips ?
My cars white and i\'ve only had it like 2 weeks and i already got a few chips that are bugging me, plus some ******* egged my car and left a nice egg shaped chip, I tried the touch up paint that my dealer gave me (the one in the nail polish container) and it\'s shit !
any help would be apreciated.

FLIPDADY
07-17-2006, 05:35 PM
You could also try the paint pen. If not there\'s a company called Colorworks that does mobile touch-ups.

I\'ll PM you there contact info.

Mazda3GT_Chick
07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
psssttt can I have the info too!!! :) i\'ve got stone chips from commuting from Mississauga to Pickering for work...grrr my car is only not even 4 months yet.. mine is Black... thanks!!

royroy
07-17-2006, 09:59 PM
may i have the info too?

3GFX
07-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Stone chips on black are the worst....:(

edit: Did I mention the touch up paint from the dealer isn\'t even metallic? So I touch up a black mica car with gloss balck touch up :(

Fuman
07-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by royroy

may i have the info too?
me 2 plz

SIM SIMMA
07-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Stone chips on PEarl white are not great either :(

FLIPDADY
07-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by HotMazda3GT

psssttt can I have the info too!!! :) i\'ve got stone chips from commuting from Mississauga to Pickering for work...grrr my car is only not even 4 months yet.. mine is Black... thanks!!
PM\'ed ya!

Mazda3GT_Chick
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks Flipspeed!!! :)

3GFX
07-21-2006, 08:01 AM
I\'m gonna need that info too :( darn stone chips.

Dave_Mazda3
07-25-2006, 02:41 PM
does anyone know how to remove a clear bar off the hood of your car?

is it just with a heat gun ?

TM3
07-26-2006, 12:43 AM
for stone chips, i find that the pens or small bottle of touchup with brush don\'t work very well. I find it hard to get the right amount of touch up paint. I think the best is to use a super fine paint brush like used for painting plastic hobby models kits.

i personally wouldn\'t pay money for someone to do touch ups.... could get expensive driving in toronto.

Jeff-TheBiz
08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 3GFX

edit: Did I mention the touch up paint from the dealer isn\'t even metallic? So I touch up a black mica car with gloss balck touch up :(

Make sure they gave you \'16W\' and not PZ or A4R or NN..

The 16W is a metallic paint the rest are not.

3GFX
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Originally posted by 3GFX

Make sure they gave you \'16W\' and not PZ or A4R or NN..

The 16W is a metallic paint the rest are not.

thx Biz, but its a little late. I might get them to install my MS intake when I get one, so I\'ll mention it and see if Kieswetter can get my another paint bottle. ( I did like 1 touch up :p... so far )

FLIPDADY
08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Ask them for a paint pen and like TheBiz mentioned make sure it\'s 16W.

Chuckie
08-05-2006, 12:34 PM
while we are on the subject of paint pens. Jobes applied some to his car, cleared it as per the instructions. The car then sat I guess in his garage. When he went back to check on it, it had turned yellow?

Will this happen to me too? any experiences?
Jobes pls chime in. :)

FLIPDADY
08-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Must be just the white cars. I know that the white paint will appear yellowish if not shaken properly.

Fuman
08-05-2006, 11:39 PM
my winning blue touch up paint is DARK BLUE... =(

DrunknFoo
08-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Fuman

Same, even if you shake it like crazy for 15mins it still turns to a darker blue compared to the WB color.

I\'m just using the clear coat to touch up chips in paint that might be bearing metal for the time being. After a few years if if the car lasts, I\'ll just paint it yellow. :)

SIM SIMMA
08-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Chuckie

while we are on the subject of paint pens. Jobes applied some to his car, cleared it as per the instructions. The car then sat I guess in his garage. When he went back to check on it, it had turned yellow?

To clarify... I applied a couple coats of the paint first as well as the pearl clearcoat (actually has the specks of sparkle or whatever) anyways.. the instructions say you might have to apply several coats of clearcoat to match.

Well I did enough that it looked just \"okay\" the next day was one of the hottest days and my car was parked outside in the sun. The sun and the UV is what probably turned it yellowish. It was also easy to wipe off with just a tissue. Damn sun.

DAMN STONE CHIPS!!

Jeff-TheBiz
08-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DrunknFoo

Originally posted by Fuman

Same, even if you shake it like crazy for 15mins it still turns to a darker blue compared to the WB color.

I\'m just using the clear coat to touch up chips in paint that might be bearing metal for the time being. After a few years if if the car lasts, I\'ll just paint it yellow. :)

Top should say 27B for Winning Blue.

25E is the Indigo Blue..

vblanche
03-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi,

Please can someone post or pm me info for black mica? many thanks.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi,

Please can someone post or pm me info for black mica? many thanks.

16W, Vince, did you get a car already?

vblanche
03-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi TheBiz,
thanks for info, so I go to any shop to get this 16w?
Yes (private sale)...I should get it this week: 2005 sport black :)

fourtrack78
03-20-2007, 11:11 PM
I have stone chips and I don't do a lot of highway driving. The thing is I get them on the roof. (must be the unibrow)

Thanks to Flip daddy and the paint pen for covering them up.

chinsterr
03-21-2007, 01:25 AM

Happened to me and then i tossed the pen in the garbage (sorry joe) --- after it leaked all of the place becuase the tip broke?

Skarbro
03-21-2007, 05:33 AM
I have a pen, but I would prefer to get paint that I can apply with a tiny brush. The pen is too messy and hard to control.

EvilEric
03-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Wait wait, dealer touch up paint isn't metallic? I thought it was supposed to be exactly what your car's colour was (including metallic), or does this vary depending on what they order?

Jeff-TheBiz
03-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi TheBiz,
thanks for info, so I go to any shop to get this 16w?
Yes (private sale)...I should get it this week: 2005 sport black :)

Come to a dealership and best bet is the pen... cleaner touch ups.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
The paint pen is the same paint just in a pen form...

Everyone has their own preferences..

I just like the smell..... mmmmmm http://www.multiverse.org/fora/images/smilies/old_multiverse_smilies/Dizzy.gif

Mazda3GT_Chick
03-25-2007, 05:33 AM
PM\'ed ya!

Hiya, Well you gonna have to pm'd me with that info since there wasn't any emails active in my old account HOTMAZDA3GT...

chinsterr
03-25-2007, 11:45 PM
i have soo many stone chips that i need to repaint my hood very soon --- one is the size of my finger nail no joke.

I think ill just end up with a CF hood for summer and use this hood during the winter

boogie
06-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Did anyone end up going w/ Colorworks to repair your stone chips? Looking for any feedback/prices. Thanks!