PDA

View Full Version : Admin Fee and Freight

SABIO
07-19-2006, 05:05 AM
So what is the Admin fee new car dealers charge?? I mean Why??
Don\'t they pay their employees an hourly wage to do a job? Why do we pay an extra $200,$300+ for paper work someone is already paid to do?? When a dealer says they only make $200 on a car...hahahaha

And freight?$1100-$1300-$1700??? The car is on the lot...pay for what? Is there an option to pick up the car? Honda is Alliston...short drive to Oakville... (did you know Honda charges us more for freight than the cars they ship to the USA).
Does Sears charge freight on a fridge or Bed??? I can order a semi-full of T.V\'s/Stoves/Fridges from Future Shop and they would only charge $50 to deliver....

FLIPDADY
07-19-2006, 07:41 AM
It\'s a part of life.

There are fees for pretty much everything.

Oh and there\'s no way around it.

Logan
07-19-2006, 08:45 AM
I\'m no expert, but I understand the freight prices are the same on the car no matter where you live in Canada. I believe this is done to make the freight charges affordable for folks that live in Nunavut vs the people that live at the docks in BC where the cars are unloaded. The average the prices to make it fair for everyone.

Now the admin charges........

TheProfessor
07-19-2006, 08:58 AM
As far as the actual cost of shipping a car here from say Japan, $1000-$1300 isn\'t too bad at all. I do beleive though that the cost should be included in the purchase price of the car much like Sabio\'s references to appliances. The auto makers must be making money on the freight/pdi however as if you purchase a car through X-plan you pay a reduced freight/pdi.

Meh, it\'s the way it\'s always been and I suspect it\'ll stay that way.

Skarbro
07-19-2006, 09:22 AM
It\'s a marketing ploy.

By not including those fees in the price of the vehicle, they can advertise a lower price than what it actually is. You think you are getting the car for less than you really are.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

I don\'t charge an admin fee. :)

SABIO
07-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Ya but my knees hurt........

Skarbro
07-21-2006, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by TheBiz

Ya but my knees hurt........
If you are saying what I think you are saying.... EWWWWWWW!

bluntman
07-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Hence,

Originally posted by TheProfessor

Glad it all worked out for you. Jeff/Joe and MofT have always come through for me, though Jeff makes you \'pay\' for the extra service behind closed doors ;)

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6940

ewww!!!!

Prima_Deals
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
As per Mazda Canada we cannot charge admin fees on any new car purchase