PDA

View Full Version : Injen Hydroshield & AEM CAI ?

MidnightSpeed
07-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone had this combo installed. It would be good for added security against water coming in the engine from the wheel well.

Any help appreciated,
Geoff

jdanielsg
07-24-2006, 11:19 AM
joe told me to call speedtech but the place is closed for moving or something. anyone else know where is a good place in toronto that would carry injen stuff?

justin
07-24-2006, 12:43 PM
You\'ve got a PM.

mEtH
07-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Have you covered up the water drain that runs along the hood yet? If not, the Hydroshield is not going to help at all. It is water-resistant NOT water-proof which means if water hits the same spot persistantly then it will just go right through.

jdanielsg
07-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

Have you covered up the water drain that runs along the hood yet? If not, the Hydroshield is not going to help at all. It is water-resistant NOT water-proof which means if water hits the same spot persistantly then it will just go right through.

Thanks guys but i decide to go with the K&N version coz a retailer could get it in for $26 latest by Wednesday so I went with that. Injen seems to be hard to get a hold of and takes a long time to get in and much more expensive.

I think the mazdaspeed CAI has the splash shield so i think that solves the problem of dripping water.

I am getting the drycharger as K&N calls it just to be safe. Just in case some water from the road manages somehow to splash on it or whatever. I like to mod but I also like to be safe from troubles :)