PDA

View Full Version : Alarm systems

3GFX
07-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Allo allo,

I figure its about time to save up for an alarm system. What are your recommendations. I\'d like to get one of those systems that has a remote to tell you whats going on with the car from a decent distance (I read somewhere they\'re up to a mile now). I\'d also prefer a remote starter for the winter time. (I don\'t have anywhere to store the car :( ).

So any recommendations?? And who should I get to install it, I\'m looking for a reputible and honest installer because all the ones in my area are pretty shifty. If you could post prices too that\'d be great because money is always an issue.

Thanks everyone!!!

chinsterr
07-26-2006, 11:35 PM
I got my compustar from pearl hatch ... but i havent seen him around lately

its the pager style one w/ vibration . hahah
but ya, it does the remote start too .

3GFX
07-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by chinsterr

I got my compustar from pearl hatch ... but i havent seen him around lately

its the pager style one w/ vibration . hahah
but ya, it does the remote start too .

Hows the sensitivity? and price?

*looks around*

No one else has an suggestions?

chinsterr
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
sensitivity is good . Anyone who tries to open the door when the alarm is armed is in for a big suprise. Some dude actually backed into my car and i caught him before he took off all thanks to pager system. However, the alarm will chirp and *maybe* go off during heavy thunderstorms ---- i have sensitivity to medium (i think). Got the alarm installed at Jaketech.

price for alarm, looking at ~~ 300-350

price for install ~~100-150 depending on what you want

3GFX
07-27-2006, 01:29 PM
thx chinster....anyone else?

McGuyver_3
07-28-2006, 01:54 AM
if you have a mannual car stay away from VIPER systems. They do not work when it comes to auto start purposes. I had mine hooked up by lockdown and problem was that whnever the remote starter was triggered all doors of the vehicle had to be opened and closed in order for the starter to work. The procedure should have been the drivers door opening and closing to let the car know it is safe to start or not. Lockdown tried very hard to install it to make it work but did not have success. They did say that seperate door pins would have to be run to get it to work properly but it would be cheaper to switch to compustar.
So long story short is get compustar and dont even bother with this no name stuff. My friends have it on their cars and the alarms like to go off for no reason at all. Thats just my two cents worth hope it helps make a decision:)

McGuyver_3
07-28-2006, 01:56 AM

sensitivity is good . Anyone who tries to open the door when the alarm is armed is in for a big suprise. Some dude actually backed into my car and i caught him before he took off all thanks to pager system. However, the alarm will chirp and *maybe* go off during heavy thunderstorms ---- i have sensitivity to medium (i think). Got the alarm installed at Jaketech.

not meaning to thread jack but lockdown will install a remote starter with pager on a man trans car for 450+tax thats including everything

chinsterr
07-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by my_mazda3

not meaning to thread jack but lockdown will install a remote starter with pager on a man trans car for 450+tax thats including everything

those are estimates (including tax) ... i can tell you i paid the lower end for both estimates, it all depends on bargaining skills/hookups/etc .

point is , your looking @ 400-500 for alarm and install no matter where you go .

3GFX
07-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Thx guys, I have an auto, so I\'ll check out both the Viper and Compustar. :)

Kevin@nextmod
08-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I think i can still get you one for a pretty good price.

3GFX
08-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

I think i can still get you one for a pretty good price.

quote me ;)

EDIT: Is it possible to attach a sensor to the trunk? Or is there one in the stock system?

Broli
08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
i got the same as chinsterr
i didn\'t install the remote starter function

but, pearly is the man when it comes to hook ups!

Kevin@nextmod
08-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Sorry man. I was busy lately to check the price. I\'ll give you a quote as soon as my time opens up.

LOCKDOWN-P5
08-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Hello Everyone

We can provide both VIPER and COMPUSTAR products here at LOCKDOWN. Give us a call at (647)-435-5896 and we\'d love to assist you.

Regards

LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

Touge Tuning
09-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I would recommend the new compustar or talk with jeff about the NEW viper that has just been released. Lockdown is the only place I will go to get alarms done on mine or friends cars, quality work and good people.:)

SoopaBanana
09-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Stealth1 I would recommend the new compustar or talk with jeff about the NEW viper that has just been released. Lockdown is the only place I will go to get alarms done on mine or friends cars, quality work and good people.:)

+1

Talk to Jeff... Maybe he\'ll have a better suggestion for ya.

McGuyver_3
12-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Deffinatly wanna go with a compustar or prestige. My opinion is its the best out there

b
12-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Deffinatly wanna go with a compustar or prestige. My opinion is its the best out there

I have the prestige on my 3. I've had it on all of my cars. I like it and the key fob is nice too.

http://www.audiovox.com/images/products/APS997Tx_x.jpg

McGuyver_3
12-09-2006, 12:24 AM
I have the prestige on my 3. I've had it on all of my cars. I like it and the key fob is nice too.

OOOO yeah forgot to mention that one its good to. But from personal experience stay away from viper

vblanche
04-09-2007, 10:58 PM
what are the features differences between compustar 2W900FMR and compustarpro P2W9000FMR? pros, cons?
many thanks.

-TEXAS2LO-
04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
guys ... guys ... guys ...

Go for the best, go for VIPER !

I work for Directed Electronics, we distribute products like VIPER and CLIFFORD.

Jeff at lockdown, Davis at Selective sound, the guys at East Hamilton and a lots of other dealers in T.O can install those systems for you guys !!

The new VIPER 5002 is the best alarm out there .. nothing compares.
If you need alarm/remote start, go VIPER 5900SST.

They are both 2 way systems but they both have different options.

3GFX
04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
So Directed Electronics......deals?

-TEXAS2LO-
04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
So Directed Electronics......deals?
I am the supplier ... We are not allowed selling to direct customers.
But I am sure I can work out something like a GB for the torontomazda 3 guys with selective sound or lockdown !!

S.F.W.
04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
that would be interesting. If you could as the supplier get us GB pricing, I would be interested.

b
04-10-2007, 03:07 PM
guys ... guys ... guys ...

Go for the best, go for VIPER !

I work for Directed Electronics, we own VIPER and CLIFFORD.

I had a clifford on an older car. When I bought it... it was the cat's pajamas. Loved it!

vblanche
04-10-2007, 06:27 PM
ok...I'm definitely interested if there's a new GB starting...add me.

Texas2lo, could you explain why Viper over the others brands?

I'm not too interested in remote starter feature. I would prefer to maximize the alarm feature. What do you recommend?

cheers

WLS ZMZM
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
It's all about the compustar remote pager alarm systems. They are definitely the best. Have had 2 of them one on each of my cars and i plan on putting you on my mazda 3 eventually. By far one of the best alarms on the market have won awards for technical innovation for the last few years... and the upgrade options are really good. It's the same old cliche "you get what you pay for" they are a little on the expensive side but there is a reason for it.. besides think of it this way.. your car is your baby.... why put something cheap on it :chuckle :chuckle believe me you won't regret it!!

selective sound
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
The Viper is better from a quality standpoint, the only downfall Viper has is that if you want to add it to a standard vehicle you have to buy a seperate module, other than that the Viper is a far superior unit.

-TEXAS2LO-
05-15-2007, 11:17 AM
The Viper is better from a quality standpoint, the only downfall Viper has is that if you want to add it to a standard vehicle you have to buy a seperate module, other than that the Viper is a far superior unit.
Most of the guys are interested in security only. this means theres is no extra module to buy / install.

VIPER as a lifetime guarantee on their modules and 1 year for the remote and accessories. Don'T need to say nothing more then this :

stats proves it : VIPER is the best in its category.

Whats so cool about the VIPER 5002 2 way car alarm is that you can adjust the shock sensor with your remote control !!! It also comes with a cool second 1-way remote.

this is in details what it is :

- 6 channel securtiy system / keyless entry.
- Confirms commands ans system triggers on the transceiver LCD screen
- clone safe - code hopping
- on board door lock relays
- parking light flash
- failsafe starter kill ( this means if someone tries to start the car, or bypass the ignition, it will cut the power at the starter. )
- revenger six tone siren
- bright blue LED status
- dome light supervision
- confrot closer
- 5 auxilary outputs
- horn honk

All these options may sound weird or new to your ears, but most of those are extra protection for you.

I can speak with the guys at selective sound and hook up some deals for you guys

EvilEric
05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Viper doesn't seem to have that remote starter feature though. That's really attractive in the winter.

WLS ZMZM
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Believe me..... its all about the compustars... out of all of my friends.. I think one of us had a viper alarm.. and that was replaced not too long ago with a compustar.... check out their site http://www.compustar.org/ they won the award for innovation again this year.... trust this alarm will not disappoint. As for the remote starter.... on a 5 spd car alot of shops will not do it... as it means setting a clutch bypass switch... and the thing to bear in mind is that the car has to be in neutral otherwise it will jump like it would if you were in gear starting the car yourself.... There have been alot of referrals to Audio Heaven on here for tinting and audio work... Go see Jeff.... and talk to him about the compustar.... he moves those alarms like there is no tomorrow... not sure if he still does but he did keep all the empty boxes to keep them on display in the front of the store.... you might want to check them out.... http://www.audioheaven.ca/ They are in Richmond Hill, @ 55 West Beaver Creek, w/Leslie st & s/16th Ave really good guy and the shop does some great work!

Wild Weasel
05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
There are auto starting systems designed specifically for manuals. Shouldn't be an issue.

EvilEric
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm still trying to weight the pro's and con's of getting an alarm or not. I've seen alot of people talking about complications and 500 inclusive is alot of money to spend.

-TEXAS2LO-
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Believe me..... its all about the compustars... out of all of my friends.. I think one of us had a viper alarm.. and that was replaced not too long ago with a compustar.... check out their site http://www.compustar.org/ they won the award for innovation again this year.... trust this alarm will not disappoint. As for the remote starter.... on a 5 spd car alot of shops will not do it... as it means setting a clutch bypass switch... and the thing to bear in mind is that the car has to be in neutral otherwise it will jump like it would if you were in gear starting the car yourself.... There have been alot of referrals to Audio Heaven on here for tinting and audio work... Go see Jeff.... and talk to him about the compustar.... he moves those alarms like there is no tomorrow... not sure if he still does but he did keep all the empty boxes to keep them on display in the front of the store.... you might want to check them out.... http://www.audioheaven.ca/ They are in Richmond Hill, @ 55 West Beaver Creek, w/Leslie st & s/16th Ave really good guy and the shop does some great work!
Dude I work for VIPER ( DEI ).. I was in VEGAS back in january and OUR VIPER 5900 SST won for the best 2 way combo alarm / remote start system !!!!!

@ evileric, the 5002 is an alarm only but we have many systems that are alarm and remote start !! Tkae per example that VIPER 5900 SST with 1 mile range.

http://www.viper.com/Images/Products/5900_large.gif
2-Way Security System 5900 / Remote Start System with Responder SST Technology

This Responder SST System from Viper is simply the most advanced 2-way Security and Remote Start system in the world! The interactive display on your Responder remote confirms all commands – virtually instantly – with easy to understand icons and text. It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course this system will also start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you will get confirmation back that it started from up to one mile away. Please refer to the technology section for more information about Responder SST technology.

read this now :

Directed Electronics, Inc., (NASDAQ: DEIX), holds number one market share positions in premium home theater loudspeakers, consumer branded vehicle security and remote start systems, and aftermarket satellite radio receivers. Directed is also a major supplier of mobile audio and video whose portfolio of well-known brands includes Polk Audio, Viper, Definitive Technology, Python, Clifford, Orion, Precision Power, Autostart and Astroflex.

WLS ZMZM
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
it's not an issue as long as you don't keep the car in gear... Sorry... just never been a big fan of Viper alarms.... I guess that's just my personal preference... :chuckle

-TEXAS2LO-
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM
here play with the demo :)
go in remote start and alarm ... its the basic 560XV but you can see soem features :D

http://www.viper.com/Technology/FeatureDemo/Default.aspx

-TEXAS2LO-
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM
it's not an issue as long as you don't keep the car in gear... Sorry... just never been a big fan of Viper alarms.... I guess that's just my personal preference... :chuckle
Well when we do a remote start in a 5 speed car, we have to add a special module wich is called a 689M.

this module will only start th car if the car is in neutral and also after doing the '' sequence ''.

No sweat buddy !! I mean you have the right the like or dislike whatever.
But all I can tell you is that your missing something lol

WLS ZMZM
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Firstech's product engineers are dedicated to the research and development of new and innovative technologies. Thousands of hours were spent perfecting the art of radio signal modulation and applying it to security and remote start systems on automatic and manual transmission vehicles!

The development of 900MHz technology with High Speed Data Transfer and Spread Spectrum has resulted in unmatched performance and signal reliability. These modulation techniques were engineered to help eliminate interference and increase the transmitting/receiving distance up to 6000 feet.

In addition to providing the most advanced automobile security and remote start systems, quality control has always been a top priority. Firstech maintains a research and development facility in Anchorage, Alaska. Alaska provides one of the most extreme climates on earth to put Compustar systems to test.

In 2006, Firstech has introduced two additions to the Compustar Series, Compustar Pro and Computrack. Compustar Pro was developed with consumers and dealers in mind. Firstech took input from people in the industry to take what they liked and wanted to see on the Compustar systems. The years of research culminated in the new 2007 CES Innovations Award Winning Compustar Pro Series.

Firstech, LLC and Ayantra, Inc. have teamed up to bring you Computrack. Computrack is Firstech's first GPS system. With Computrack you can control your vehicle where ever there is cellular or internet access.

Additional product information can be obtained by visiting one of our many local Compustar dealers or contacting our customer service center. Click here to obtain information for an Authorized Compustar Dealer. Click here to view to the Contacts page.

Compustar Pro P2W9000FMR

Up to 3000* feet of Range
This new CompuStar Pro 2W9000FMR remote has a built in clock, in-vehicle temperature readout, and battery voltage sensing. This system operates at a higher frequency to allow for greater range and battery life. Firstech engineers were the first to perfect 900MHz FM for vehicle security applications and we've taken this technology to the next level with the 2W9000FMR Pro.

*Range is quoted for U.S. models only. International models will differ in range.

Includes 1 x Two-Way and 1 x One-Way remote

View the manual for the P2W900FMR
View the manual for the P1W900FMR

Pro Remote Features
- Two-way paging remote
- New multi-color LCD (liquid crystal display)
- CompuGlow backlight
- Vibration and audible notification
- Clock display with alarm
- Internal vehicle temperature display
- Parking Meter timer
- Button lock
- Timer Start Mode
- Cold and hot starting with temperature
- Run-time indicator (extendable with remote)
- Turbo Timer (extendable with remote)
- Secure Auxiliary Mode
- Shock sensor on/off through remote
- Passive mode on/off through remote
- Valet mode on/off through remote
- Uses standard AAA 1.5 volt battery

Pro Alarm Features | P2W9000FM-A Pro Starter Features | P2W9000FM-S Pro Alarm/Start Features | P2W9000FM-AS
- Includes starter-kill relay
- Battery backup capable
- External Siren (six-tone)
- Optional super bright blue LED
- Driver's priority unlock
- Ignition controlled door locks
- Includes dual stage shock sensor
- Secure valet switch
- Anti-Jacking mode
- Remote Paging System (can unlock vehicle via pin code)
- 2-auxillary outputs, expandable to 7 with Channel Expander
- 2-programmable inputs
- Selectable trunk release output
- Horn trigger output - Includes anti-grind and starter-kill relay
- Factory Style Alarm, monitors doors and trunk
- Time start set on remote by user
- Optional external Siren (six-tone)
- Secure valet switch
- 2-programmable inputs
- Horn trigger output
- Diesel timer built-in
- Manual transmission compatible - Includes anti-grind and starter-kill relay
- Battery backup capable
- Time start set on remote by user
- External Siren (six-tone)
- Includes dual stage shock sensor
- Secure valet switch
- Anti-Jacking mode
- Remote Paging System (can unlock vehicle via pin code)
- 2-programmable inputs
- Horn trigger output
- Diesel timer built-in
- Manual transmission compatible

EvilEric
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, alot of features, the viper fob does look a little less bulky but it's also quite expensive. Just more to think about.

-TEXAS2LO-
05-15-2007, 02:57 PM
everything that is written in the compustar : VIPER does ..
they write: will start in the winter hahahahah ( like we dont know )
Optional this, optional that ...

Anyways I have nothing else to say since the DEI products are known as beeing the best in their category.

COmpustar has great products but they had a lot of problems with their 2 way units in 06. Thereofre VIPER kept ther number 1 pole for over 15 years.

BLKOUT
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I was talking with a few poeple and they mentioned that the newer compustar remotes are problematic.

WLS ZMZM
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I dunno.... I'm not trying to start a war or make enemies... you know... :bana I think the big thing you mentioned is the "sequence" for use of the remote starter... for a compustar you simply turn off the car hop out and close the door and it arms itself and your good to go for use of the remote starter... maybe viper's products have come along way... but I personally don't like them... never have.... the way I see it you don't buy an alarm from a company that makes everything.... its like that rexall commercial "you wouldn't buy band aids from teh same store as eggs" I'm sure you guys have seen them.. I understand that DEI has like 8 companies under its title.. besides if the new alarm was that good... it would have won the CES innovation award for 2007.... and as for being the #1 market share... that comes straight from the website...

"Directed Electronics, Inc., (NASDAQ: DEIX), holds number one market share positions in premium home theater loudspeakers, consumer branded vehicle security and remote start systems, and aftermarket satellite radio receivers. Directed is also a major supplier of mobile audio and video whose portfolio of well-known brands includes Polk Audio, Viper, Definitive Technology, Python, Clifford, Orion, Precision Power, Autostart and Astroflex." If it came out of a magazine it might be a little different but coming from their own website... ummm they aren't goin to say "we hold the number two holder in market share" the comment is a little biased.....No mention of any awards which have been won... unless your going to say... that they don't because they are modest... either way your opinion is yours... mine is mine :chuckle can't we all just get along??? like I said not looking to make enemies... only friends :bana

-TEXAS2LO-
05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Just go on www.directed.com

Over 50% of our products have won CES awards so far ..
We won like 5 awards this year :)

no war, no stress hommy ..
You like compustar it's cool !!

But I prefer Quality hahahaha

WLS ZMZM
05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Ouch thats Lo... 2Lo hahahah!!! oh well at least we can agree to disagree!! :chuckle

Jeff-TheBiz
05-15-2007, 07:20 PM
:pop

MattC
05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
sound like a married couple :)

guess what suckas
I HATE BOTH!

:chuckle

WLS ZMZM
05-28-2007, 12:02 PM
hahah it seems like some people are just sitting and watching.. *cough coug* wanna share the popcorn?? A married couple??? I dunno bout that.. just two people... talking.... not really arguing... besides we weren't stepping on each others toes.. just stealing the wind from one anothers sails :chuckle

JonsMazda
05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Ok, you two are confusing me! I don't know which one to buy now.....:bang

yes, GB would be sweet! Im looking for a good security system too. one that when u go close to the car, it'll beep/ring.

Olestra
05-31-2007, 03:12 PM
I can definitely vouch for CompuStar. I have the 2W900FMR, 3000 ft range. The newest starter has 5 or 6k range I believe. I had it installed by a friend for 550, two weeks after buying my car.

If you're thinking $500 bucks is a lot to spend on a car alarm, here's why I think it's worth it:
- Remote start, awesome in winter
- If someone does the Door Dent trick on your Mazda3, you will pay more than $500 bucks for the dent. The chances of this happening is probably reduced when you have the blue LED flashing in your windshield.
- Aftermarket is a must if you have aftermarket radio/sub/amp.
- If you have a turbo, even if the Speed3 doesn't need it, it has a turbo timer.

I'm really happy with my Remote start/alarm. I have never had any problems on my car. I have a Mazda 3 GT hatch btw. 5spd. No problems with standard, just don't leave it in gear. =)

kid_icarus
06-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I can definitely vouch for CompuStar. I have the 2W900FMR, 3000 ft range. The newest starter has 5 or 6k range I believe. I had it installed by a friend for 550, two weeks after buying my car.

If you're thinking $500 bucks is a lot to spend on a car alarm, here's why I think it's worth it:
- Remote start, awesome in winter
- If someone does the Door Dent trick on your Mazda3, you will pay more than $500 bucks for the dent. The chances of this happening is probably reduced when you have the blue LED flashing in your windshield.
- Aftermarket is a must if you have aftermarket radio/sub/amp.
- If you have a turbo, even if the Speed3 doesn't need it, it has a turbo timer.

I'm really happy with my Remote start/alarm. I have never had any problems on my car. I have a Mazda 3 GT hatch btw. 5spd. No problems with standard, just don't leave it in gear. =)

Hi,
May I ask Where did you have yours purchased and installed? and you said around $500 is that with tax or without?

Do you think the "blue flashing" lights is more of a "lets break into THAT car" signal than if you didn't?

Sometimes I think ppl just want to break into cars that they KNOW has security.

Really interested in picking one of these things up.

BTW are these alarms easily killed if they break in and open your hood and cut the battery? Or is there backup?

MattC
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
No thief in their right mind would break into a car that visibly upgraded alarm.

Unless they had total control over the situation, it would be a sure fire way to get caught.

I have heard one of the compustars go off before, and man... if you were parked in the middle of a forest you could hear it for miles around.

Also you really need to ask yourself this question:
Will I frequently be more than 3KM away from my car?

Because with that range, you can see if someone bumps your shit, or opens the trunk or whatever. and you can book it back to your car and whoop some ass... or atleast start calling the cops.

Regarding Price, I have seen compustar Pros go for around 550 installed normally, taxes in. I believe Jeff at lockdown does a deal around that price, bypass included.
If you want to shop around, you may be able to find the actual unit for cheaper than 310$ ish... and Install is usually around 150 from what Ive seen.

MrPho
06-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Hi,
BTW are these alarms easily killed if they break in and open your hood and cut the battery? Or is there backup?

there is battery backup siren you can get if the car battery cable is cut

faibs
06-20-2007, 02:59 AM
got the compustar setup alarm/started at Audio Heaven through Jeff.
he just posted some deals in his subforum. great guy, all my friends go to him, knows his stuff. its all good, look for the best deal for urself tho.

kid_icarus
06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah Just got in contact with Jeff at Audioheaven today. Will most likely be going through him. Really responsive and I believe this is a good if not very competitive price and i'm okay with that since I believe the tints on my vehicle are being completed there as well.

As someone mentioned above... I rarely will be 3km away from my vehicle.
However, I will be parking at the go train station. I don't know if this is considered a situation whereby the thief has "full control". I know it's quite secluded but I'm hoping this alarm would be a deterrent even if it is parked in a Go Train Lot that has hardly any regular traffic.

WLS ZMZM
06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
For what its worth... these alarms sirens are crazy loud... and draw alot of attention to them... they do have knock sensors... so that if someone bumps the car it will chirp, to let them know they have done it... it does have the auto locks... which can be a pain in the ass... especially because it opens/closes when your close enough(can be on/off depending on your preference).. My buddy had it set up on his Prelude this way... HOW VARY ANNOYING!! :bang everytime he'd step close enough it would go off and everytime he'd be far enough it would arm!! so it was a constant beeping..... If you want a little extra comfort... instal some piezzo sirens... they are 110db. When I had my compustar hooked up in my civic I had two of them installed under the dash. Needless to say you'd go deaf by the time yuo steal the car.
Jeff at audio heaven, really knows these alarms very well.... and he sells a bunch of them... so his boys are used to the install and fly through em..... besides another reason why the range is cool. Is simply the fact that if you workin a building... not all remote starters have a range thats far enough. The computstar is a great alarm and well worth the price! As for the blue LED its crazy bright... when we get snow.. you can see the led through the snow... and its a definant deterrent!

kid_icarus
06-20-2007, 01:20 PM
lol i hope the alarm doesn't go off when i'm sleeping one day then haha.

another quick question.

Does installing a bypass for the "remote starter" in anyway deteriorate or degrade the immobilizer feature?

WLS ZMZM
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Nope they can put it in still.... there are no issues. As for it going off... yikes lmao.... when I first had it installed in my civic, there was an issue with the hoodpin. So the alarm would go off whenever it was in the mood to! By accident after cleaning under the hood I had bent the pin, so the alarm kept sensing it was open, and it kept going off..... was quite annoying actually. But it was kind of funny.. cuz I ran out of my house with a bat.. figuring someone was trying to steal my car!

JonsMazda
06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
haha, it'll be even funnier if u ran out with just ur underwear on and holding ur bat screaming like a mad man goiing to war and accidently someone was videotaping it down... lol..wow this drink is making me high (arizona tea). :S

kid_icarus
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
haha, it'll be even funnier if u ran out with just ur underwear on and holding ur bat screaming like a mad man goiing to war and accidently someone was videotaping it down... lol..wow this drink is making me high (arizona tea). :S

lol that reminds me of American History X.

Jon your avatar is killing me. Here I am at my desk at work, and you just gotta take me away from what i should be doing.

JonsMazda
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
too much to handle eh?

WLS ZMZM
06-20-2007, 05:14 PM
hahah me in my underwear would not be a pretty site...!!! and yeah that avatar is very distracting...... sometimes makes me forget what I was posting about :hawt

MattC
06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
If I caught someone breaking into/vandalizing my car, i hope i would have a friend to hold me back cause i would have trouble stopping myself from killing the person.

I think once i get my compustar in, im just gonna be edgier/angrier if anything happens lol

kid_icarus
06-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Lol I wish I could make an alarm system that would either drop a canister of tear gas in the car or shock the burglar as they attempt to steal the vehicle.

Alright guys. So I'm most likely going to go with a Compustar System 2W900FMAS 5000.

Anyone have any "beefs" with this alarm system?

EvilEric
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Nope they can put it in still.... there are no issues. As for it going off... yikes lmao.... when I first had it installed in my civic, there was an issue with the hoodpin. So the alarm would go off whenever it was in the mood to! By accident after cleaning under the hood I had bent the pin, so the alarm kept sensing it was open, and it kept going off..... was quite annoying actually. But it was kind of funny.. cuz I ran out of my house with a bat.. figuring someone was trying to steal my car!

Most members have had to move to a mercury based senor instead of the push pin. How the push pin works is the hood keeps two metal contacts from comming together and establishing a ground.

Any water, or anything that touches the two points will cause it to go off. The washer or raised part of the push pin sometimes get a little lose and drops down, making the hood always appear to be open. You have to reposition it and tighten the bolt to prevent this from happening.

Audio Heaven
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Thats 100%. With all our installs we use the mercury sensors because they are more reliable then those cheap pin switches

Thanks

Jeff Try
Audio Heaven Inc.

905 763 1686