PDA

View Full Version : Need Info.....

JPAV8S4U
07-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I am looking to eventually do the MAZDASPEED CAI and Exhaust..... In the name of information, how do the both of these affect your fuel mileage? and the pros and cons to both would be greatly appreciated......

BTW... Waiting for my shark fin to come in.... Looks like it will be my first DYS mod! (Im quite mechanically challenged) :D

bluntman
07-27-2006, 10:47 AM
You will definitely want to stomp on the pedal a lot more than with a stock exhaust and intake. Basically, your fuel consumption will go down the crapper.

JPAV8S4U
07-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I meant to say... without changing driving habit..... I want to keep my mileage.... I get apprx 600Km a tank (no.. I do not drive aggressively...) If one were to want to keep it the same.... would you just then add the exhaust? This is purely an esthetics goal.

cyberscorpi0
07-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Do it . . . . .

Contact FLIPSPEED now and order the MS CAI and Exhaust.

You\'ll love it. ;)

FLIPDADY
07-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Definately guzzles more fuel. I\'m use to it since I drive the car hard all the time.

You will notice a difference.;)

3GFX
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Intakes are known to increase gas milage slightly, although in combination with an exhaust you will probably get a decrease in milage. Although I doubt it will be drastic.

bluntman
07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Intakes allow more air into the engine. Your computer may find the air fuel ratio to thin and may add more fuel to the mix negating your fuel economy expectations. Of course it may not if the mixture is within acceptable parameters. However, the temptation to stomp on the gas pedal is always there! Remember what happened to Eve. ;)

DrunknFoo
07-31-2006, 07:31 AM
After the CAI install I\'ve noticed my heavy foot become a few pounds heavier. After a few days of driving I\'ve reverted back to my normal driving style. Looking at the gas needle now and the clicks obtained, there does seem to be a bit of change in regards to fuel consumption but nothing too drastic.