PDA

View Full Version : Tint King Mississauga

Y2K_GT
09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I decided to get my Mazda3 tinted.

Living in the Mississauga area I looked for a shop in Mississauga, Oakville or Brampton.

I settled on Tint King Mississauga because they\'ve been around for 22 years in the same location. I figured what\'s the use of getting a \"Lifetime Warranty\" from someone who\'s been around for a short time.

I called them up and asked if they did their tint using computers to which he replied \"no computers don\'t do a very good job\". I guess I should have been concerned at that point however I progressed to the next question, do you do a one piece back window to which he replied \"yes on most cars\". I then asked him for a price which ended up at $225 and he would decide on the day whether he would do a cash deal or not.

I decided that based on the fact that back in 1988 they did a great job installing tint and a sunroof on my 88 GMC Jimmy I would go with them again.

The tint itself isn\'t bad however they didn\'t do a one piece back window and it\'s noticeable. The driver side door has a defect in the tint itself which looks like a tiny worm. They scratched my passenger side rear door on the inside when installing or removing the door panel. And there is now a dent in my driver side door that wasn\'t there a couple of days before when I had last washed the car.

I did go back to the shop to complain however all I got was a guy trying to work out the \"worm\" with his credit card and when he was unable to he said he would redo the window however it would be a lot of work for such a minor issue and that they wouldn\'t be able to do it on a weekend and therefore I\'d have to book an appointment during the week. At that point I decided it wasn\'t worth the aggravation and I didn\'t want to risk any further damage to my still new car.

P.S. Their \"Lifetime Warranty\" is on the tint itself and the Labour is only 90 days. And read the fine print above where they have you sign the contract prior to doing the work, it lists a lot of things they\'re not responsible for.

I\'m not saying don\'t go there for tint I\'m just saying read my experience and make up your own mind.
Perhaps this was an isolated incident.
--
Thanks...Paul

ds2chan
09-12-2006, 04:45 PM
wow.. I\'d say don\'t go there because if they gave you that kind of treatment then maybe they don\'t deserve to be in business anymore..

so I\'m guessing they\'re not responsible for the dent either.. :bsflag

James_N
09-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Y2k

i feel you man. I had my tints done at Tint King in Rexdale. my whole back window lower portion has bubbles. I tried to get it fixed but all he said was that it will get done just gotta book an appoitment. So i did and the morning i came in he said he was too busy and to come back at in the evening. He then tells me the bubbles are my fault cuz apparently i touched the back window. So its gonna cost me 50bucks for labour. I told him to go f-u-c-k himself and left. So overall Tint King=bad place. Im just gonna bring it in to FX and get it done right the first time.

doug E fresh
09-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Congrats on your new car!!!

I had my car tinted at the same place (Tint King Mississauga), and insisted that they DO NOT take off any door panels. I only knew that because of prior experience. It is absolutely possible to do a good job tinting a car without pulling panels (last 2 cars done this way). I also have a 2 piece rear window, but luckily it looks good.

I definitely wouldn\'t recommend anyone else go there either because I didn\'t like their attitudes. They were aloof with me as well, as if they didn\'t really care if they got my business.

I\'m sorry about your luck, but try to enjoy your new car!!!

kelf
08-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I wish I read the "Lifetime" warranty terms more carefully when I got my tint done at Tint king (on Steeles West).

After a few years, my back and side window has bubbles formed and parts coming off. I went back and they said it's $20 labour for each side window and $80 for the back window. The lifetime warranty only covers the film. What a bunch of F**kers. Definitely not going back ever and highly not recommended on the poor workmanship and warranty terms.

hit26k
08-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I wish I read the "Lifetime" warranty terms more carefully when I got my tint done at Tint king (on Steeles West).

After a few years, my back and side window has bubbles formed and parts coming off. I went back and they said it's $20 labour for each side window and $80 for the back window. The lifetime warranty only covers the film. What a bunch of F**kers. Definitely not going back ever and highly not recommended on the poor workmanship and warranty terms.

your 1st post and you bring back a thread from 4 years ago. kinda odd...

kelf
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I was searching on google to see if anyone else had the same problem with Tint king as I did, and I came across this post

hit26k
08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I was searching on google to see if anyone else had the same problem with Tint king as I did, and I came across this post

aahh, gotchya. Welcome by the way!

Krazy
08-04-2010, 08:21 AM
haha it wasn't too awkward. not like he came defending tint king out of nowhere like some dealerships that tend to do that lolllll

welcome to the board.

philipfreire
08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I have had heard nothing but bad experiences from "TINT KING". I even had bad experiences myself. Lots of bubbles on a previous car. I had to argue with the guy just to get it done right and even they left bubbles.

My 09 GT mazda3, to this date - 0 Bubbles or peel. Thanks to Jeff @ AudioHeaven

billd80
08-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Sounds like my tint job! (not same place), guys been located there 20 years or so and done great work for me in the past, so I bring him my week old 2010, and he does the sloppiest job I've seen in a while. and then gives me a f*ck off attitude when I call hime on his crappy job. Most likely will have to be redone in a couple years :(

Dave_The_BMXER
08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Tint king is terrible, and they put their sticker under the tint.

philipfreire
08-05-2010, 12:39 AM

they put stickers on it now under the tint?? WOW. **** THAT! I'd so make them redo it. I paid for a service not to advertise ur car around the city. How ignorant and rude of them to do that without permission.

prime
08-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Yeah I pass by this place all the time and it seems shady. Good thing I didn't get any tinting work from them since I was thinking about it and they didn't seem so pleasant over the phone.

And ads under the tint? No way, that's almost vandalism especially since their logo is even tacky.

Linkz
08-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah I pass by this place all the time and it seems shady. Good thing I didn't get any tinting work from them since I was thinking about it and they didn't seem so pleasant over the phone.

And ads under the tint? No way, that's almost vandalism especially since their logo is even tacky.

+ 1 If it's true