PDA

View Full Version : interior exterior mod with some custom work involved need some input please

McGuyver_3
10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
hey everybody,
Since this idea of mine is not really an exterior mod more of an interior/electrical mod i need some help. At the moment i have park distance control. It has a hook up to its own control unit which is all nice and good but i dont like the little screen that it uses to show me how far away it is. I was wondering if i could hook up this system to my flipup navigation unit from pioneer. The real question lies here though what would i have to do in order for this to work? Would i need a program? how would i hook it up to my unit?
I am not able to create programs on my own because i do not know how to create them.
If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Dan

jdanielsg
10-03-2006, 12:19 PM
hey everybody,
Since this idea of mine is not really an exterior mod more of an interior/electrical mod i need some help. At the moment i have park distance control. It has a hook up to its own control unit which is all nice and good but i dont like the little screen that it uses to show me how far away it is. I was wondering if i could hook up this system to my flipup navigation unit from pioneer. The real question lies here though what would i have to do in order for this to work? Would i need a program? how would i hook it up to my unit?
I am not able to create programs on my own because i do not know how to create them.
If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Dan

not really related but I just bought an electromagnetic park distance thing.. invisible hidden in bumper and uses beeps... yeah I went with that because like you I do not like the displays and plus I can install it myself alhough I can probably get my shop to do it FOC. But to those who are into parking sensors. Look at: http://www.carparkingsensordirect.com/ nothing beats hidden sensors.. :)

MattC
11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
jdanielsg:

Did you have to take you're bumper off to install it?

sbmonkey
11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
It would make more sense if it activates while you're in reverse like a lot of OEM sensors.

jdanielsg
11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
jdanielsg:

Did you have to take you're bumper off to install it?

yeah for sure you have to, to make a good and proper install you need to remove the bumper and the trim in the trunk to install the control unit. The sensor itself is a flimsy piece s metalised paper sticker.. you stick it REALLY carefully and cover it with BLACK duct tape. Not metallic. And so it will be protected and etc.. they call it gaffa tape on the british instructions. It beeps when you engage reverse, doesnt work too well in the rain and heavy snow because it works be creating a field and ANYTHING that comes into the field will cause it to beep. So if you have 100% and willing to give bear with the look of external sensors then the typical ones would be an easier and cheaper option. go with cobra.. because I think thats wat mazda UK uses for their mazda oem parking sensors... or something better.

I went with this because I was not willing to have bumps... on the bumper :) And I am willing to put up with it sometimes beeping like crazy when it rains or snows. I posted a thread about it on the mazda3 forums under electronics. I think its great though, its supposed to beep once at 3 feet then more rapid at 2 then continuous at 1 feet but its adjustable.

hope that helps

McGuyver_3
11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
dont mind my question i did something different and i found it would take alot of money to do what i want

Cardinal Fang
11-20-2006, 01:12 PM
I went with this because I was not willing to have bumps... on the bumper :) And I am willing to put up with it sometimes beeping like crazy when it rains or snows. I posted a thread about it on the mazda3 forums under electronics. I think its great though, its supposed to beep once at 3 feet then more rapid at 2 then continuous at 1 feet but its adjustable.

hope that helps

Talk about balls! I ban your farking ass and you decide to come back under a new IP address. Fine I'll ban this and every other IP address you sign up with.

meh...