PDA

View Full Version : Simota Intake v.1 question

SourcE
10-13-2006, 04:17 PM
OK, so I had a CEL, perfect as I'm selling the car tomorrow ::) >:(

Took it to MoT, and it's related to the intake I have. The CEL was coming on intermittently, for the last week.

Could it be time to clean the intake? Would a dirty filter cause a CEL, or is it more likely to be a loose screw in MAF?

sbmonkey
10-13-2006, 04:43 PM
A dirty MAF would cause the CEL... try cleaning that. Also, hope the MAF sensor wires are unclipped from the battery box.

FLIPDADY
10-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Where's majic? ;D

or

MAF?

majic
10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
lol.. if you're selling just clear the CEL by disconnecting the battery.. **** cleaning it.. btw.. cleaning did NOT fix my MAF issues.. ;)

Skarbro
10-14-2006, 07:37 AM
lol.. if you're selling just clear the CEL by disconnecting the battery.. **** cleaning it.. btw.. cleaning did NOT fix my MAF issues.. ;)

That's just bad man. Selling something knowing that it has a problem and trying to hide it from the buyer is just evil.

*Note to self - never buy anything from Majic*

;D

FLIPDADY
10-14-2006, 09:41 AM
I heard V.2 is okay. ;D

majic
10-14-2006, 10:29 AM

That's just bad man. Selling something knowing that it has a problem and trying to hide it from the buyer is just evil.

;D

caveat emptor .. you heard about that right? i know it sucks but it applies in this case..

Skarbro
10-14-2006, 02:17 PM

;D

caveat emptor .. you heard about that right? i know it sucks but it applies in this case..

It certainly doesn't make it any less evil or wrong.