PDA

View Full Version : EBC brakes pads and rotora brake lines or some other SS lines

jdanielsg
10-26-2006, 10:28 AM
ok, not looking at websites and chruning up stores we all do not know. Anyone familiar with some good and cheap stores people here frequent which sell these stuff? I am coming to the GTA so instead of buying from the US I figure I go with some good recommendations in the area..

THANKS

majic
10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
tried driverfx? they should be able to get it for you locally

CanadaGTO
10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi there jdanielsg,

We do carry EBC, however I can only find reference to thier Greenstuff pads having a Mazda3 application, no Yellowstuff or Redstuff (let me know if you have differerent info). We can get them for you, but they are special order and would probably take a week or so. No current way to get SS or rotora, we carry others like Baer, Wilwood and such, but none carry a Mazda3 application.

Let me know if you want more info on the Greenstuff pads :)

Thanks

Edit: On a related note, I can't wait 'till EBC comes out with Greenstuff for my Mazdaspeed3..... the stocks not only have a terrible brake dust problem, but are also squeeking already...... damn them :)

jdanielsg
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM

Ok I will canada411 them and check prices. Thanks

majic
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM

Ok I will canada411 them and check prices. Thanks

umm.. it's the 'performance parts' section of canadian tire.. ;)

sbmonkey
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
EBC has Redstuff for the Mazda 3.
While looking up part #'s, I noticed that the rear pads have different part #'s for '06+. Front pads are the same.

Greenstuff Front: DP21524
Redstuff Front: DP31524

Greenstuff Rear Redstuff Rear
'04-'05 DP21354 DP31354C
'06+ DP21749 DP31749C

CanadaGTO
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
EBC has Redstuff for the Mazda 3.
While looking up part #'s, I noticed that the rear pads have different part #'s for '06+. Front pads are the same.

Greenstuff Front: DP21524
Redstuff Front: DP31524

Greenstuff Rear Redstuff Rear
'04-'05 DP21354 DP31354C
'06+ DP21749 DP31749C

I see them now. Showing in my system as Saab parts, but due to the shared components I'll take your word at them working :)

Thanks

sbmonkey
10-26-2006, 02:08 PM
I found them on the spreadsheet at EBC's website. ;)

MajesticBlueNTO
10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
ok, not looking at websites and chruning up stores we all do not know. Anyone familiar with some good and cheap stores people here frequent which sell these stuff? I am coming to the GTA so instead of buying from the US I figure I go with some good recommendations in the area..

THANKS

Tunersport (http://www.tunersport.com/) in Oakville conducted the Rotora slotted rotor group buy earlier this year (through Mayhem). They can also get Rotora pads, Hawk pads and EBC pads.

b
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM

THANKS

Tunersport (http://www.tunersport.com/) in Oakville conducted the Rotora slotted rotor group buy earlier this year (through Mayhem). They can also get Rotora pads, Hawk pads and EBC pads.

Tunersport that is where I picked up my springs... Nice guy. Super friendly & good service.

PlatMS6
10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
If I could do it all over again (that is if I still had the 3) I would buy the Hawk pads that are about 15-20$ more per axle.
The EBC green dusted just as much, if not more than my OEM stockers and once heated up braking performance takes a noise-dive (oem FTW). Not to mention that they squeeled like I was driving a Semi for the 2500km that I had them.* (BS 500km break-in from manufacturer). They were only quiet when they got hot (but when they heat up, performance becomes mushy, but 2-5 minutes of no brake use the squeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll comes back. It was pretty embarrasing especially when this isnt a light sqeal....it was loud, people could hear me comming to meet up before they even saw me!

I called EBC and they knew of the issue and that they had EBC Shims for the Mazda3 but they do not provide them in the packaging and would take 4-6 weeks to send out, I told em to F*off because I had already put them in and wasn't going to bother taking them out.

Also to add, when they got toasty...the smell was just too much.

Overall worst brake experience evar! (hell CT cheap brand brakes I had on my MK2 Jetta were amazing compared to this).

Go Hawk, people have had much better luck with them and the cost difference is minimal.
I would also rather buy a set of OEM (the revised non-squeal ones ~2005) from someone like Flip or anyone else that can get a hand on the OEM stuff for a lower price.
PN at end of article: http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/docs/0028.pdf* *...there is one for the fronts, just another TSB have a look

jdanielsg
10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
If I could do it all over again (that is if I still had the 3) I would buy the Hawk pads that are about 15-20$ more per axle.
The EBC green dusted just as much, if not more than my OEM stockers and once heated up braking performance takes a noise-dive (oem FTW). Not to mention that they squeeled like I was driving a Semi for the 2500km that I had them.* (BS 500km break-in from manufacturer). They were only quiet when they got hot (but when they heat up, performance becomes mushy, but 2-5 minutes of no brake use the squeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll comes back. It was pretty embarrasing especially when this isnt a light sqeal....it was loud, people could hear me comming to meet up before they even saw me!

I called EBC and they knew of the issue and that they had EBC Shims for the Mazda3 but they do not provide them in the packaging and would take 4-6 weeks to send out, I told em to F*off because I had already put them in and wasn't going to bother taking them out.

Overall worst brake experience evar! (hell CT cheap brand brakes I had on my MK2 Jetta were amazing compared to this).

Go Hawk, people have had much better luck with them and the cost difference is minimal.
I would also rather buy a set of OEM (the revised non-squeal ones ~2005) from someone like Flip or anyone else that can get a hand on the OEM stuff for a lower price.
PN at end of article: http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/docs/0028.pdf* *...there is one for the fronts, just another TSB have a look

maybe its because you bought the green stuff, red stuff is very *well regarded supposedly if not that then I will get the rotora H2 pads

CanadaGTO
10-26-2006, 10:46 PM
The EBC green dusted just as much, if not more than my OEM stockers and once heated up braking performance takes a noise-dive (oem FTW). Not to mention that they squeeled like I was driving a Semi for the 2500km that I had them. (BS 500km break-in from manufacturer). They were only quiet when they got hot (but when they heat up, performance becomes mushy, but 2-5 minutes of no brake use the squeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll comes back. It was pretty embarrasing especially when this isnt a light sqeal....it was loud, people could hear me comming to meet up before they even saw me!

PN at end of article: http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/docs/0028.pdf ...there is one for the fronts, just another TSB have a look

Good feedback.... I'll look into the Hawk also since we carry then as well :)

swales
10-27-2006, 09:54 AM

maybe its because you bought the green stuff, red stuff is very *well regarded supposedly if not that then I will get the rotora H2 pads

I've heard more problems from the red ones, they squeal like a bitch*

Good feedback.... I'll look into the Hawk also since we carry then as well :)

I've got Hawks and they don't squeal (never have), and the break dust is now gone

majic
10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I've got Hawks and they don't squeal (never have), and the break dust is now gone

brake dust has diminished significantly and turned brick brown colour from black :)

bubba1983
10-27-2006, 04:42 PM
seems liek hawks is the way to go!

Fuman
10-24-2007, 10:11 AM
NOTE: Thread is from 2006.

Anyone ever tried EBC RedStuff? I'm wondering how it compares with Hawk HPS.
I've read positive reviews about RedStuff. But heard alot of negative from Ray at Gilmen. I'm leaning towards HPS but wanted to see if anyone used RedStuff on a mazda 3.

Thanks,

doughboyr6
10-24-2007, 12:27 PM
i'm sure you know about M3F, i've come across a few threads on EBC redstuff...check there.