PDA

View Full Version : ATP GT3071R and GT3076R Kits for Mazdaspeed3?

CanadaGTO
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Looks like ATP is getting ready to ship mechanical kits for the Mazdaspeed6, though I hear the Mazdaspeed3 kits will not be too far behind.:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=MS6

No fuel parts or piggyback/replacement ECU, so not sure how this will work out. 2 things l like about this though:

1) Uses stock exhaust manifold. The vast majority of aftermarket manifolds suck, bad welds, bad casting..... leading to broken parts and unhappy users.

2) It's so soon..... damn, I get the feeling that the Mazdaspeed3 is gonna have a wealth of support.

Doubt I'll go for this one, even though I might be able to get a demo unit since we carry ATP. I think I'll let a couple of other guys blow up their MS3's finding the issues before I put mine on the line ::)

I will be getting exhaust, intake and FMIC as soon as I can though...... gotta find a way of fixing the power drop off after 5.5k damn it ;D

CoolColombian
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I must add this. 400 and 600 HP ;D

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6780/untitledak3.jpg

PlatMS6
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I will be getting exhaust, intake and FMIC as soon as I can though...... gotta find a way of fixing the power drop off after 5.5k damn it* ;D

Its not inake/exhaust restrictions that are creating that problem, its Mazda's tuning. I think you are only getting about 6.5 PSI of boost after 5500.

My excitement is not with the bigger turbos from ATP, but the tuning comming from COBB TUNING (for those that don't know, pretty much top tuner for WRX/STi's). They stated that they will be comming out with a setup for the MS3 and MS6 even though their ECU's are different. With their ACCESSPORT (new one looks like an ipod lol) , you will be able to switch maps on the fly pretty much. The maps they plan on releasing will be 91Octane for the Western States and for those that choose to use 91octane but still want the power and extra lovin form those that stick with 93/94OCT, and also as usual everything in between ie. economy, tunes with mods..etc.

BTW people have also used MBC's to keep the boost at the stock 15.5 pretty much up to redline with no spikes (if u stay at the stock boost).*One problem is is that the Turbo leaves efficiency shortly after 5000RPM, and pushing it too much will lead to premature failure. Something you might want to consider if you will be modding your car. Personally my MS6 stays stock as stock, I just shift at 5500 and the problem is solved :p