PDA

View Full Version : A piller panel removal

Flagrum_3
11-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know the proper procedure to remove the A-pillar panels on our 3's ? I don't want to frig anything up trying ;) Reason is I want to paint them black because I find they reflect alot on the windshield.

_3

RedRaptor
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
First off, I don't know what your problem is with the whole reflecting sunlight thing. ::)

But I can help you with the latter part.* I had to remove the A pillar for my Autodimm mirror install.* In general here are the steps:

1)Undo/dislodge weather stripping by pulling down on it
2) Undo the clips starting from the windshield end working your way to the rear end.
3) There is a tricky clip at the end of the Apillar, you have to be careful when removing it (Its way harder putting back in)
4)Undo all clips and you're done.

Like I said, the tricky clip is very hard to put back on when u want to reinstall the A pillar.* It took me 25 min just to get it back in but only 5 min to take it off.

Here is a nice guide I found very useful from M3F.

Start at Page#4
http://idisk.mac.com/kontyko/Public/SP23AutoDimMirror/Mazda_Mirror_Installation_Supplement.pdf

Flagrum_3
11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks RedRaptor for the quick reply.
As for the reflection its no joke its pretty bad sometimes...I can actually see a reflection of the pillar on the windshield and it will obstruct my vision, not good when making turns plus its also a cosmetic thing, my cars dark and I hate when looking at the car from the front and see these huge white pillars...it just looks off somehow.

_3

RedRaptor
11-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Np. :) Goodluck with it. Its not too hard. Which reminds me I need to do the passenger side so I can hide my Sirius antenna wire in there.