PDA

View Full Version : Auto Wipers + Rain X bad idea???

faibs
11-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I read that somewhere online. But I've heard people swear by Rain X, especially for side review mirrors.

anyone here use it?

3GFX
11-11-2006, 11:07 AM
No problems here!!!

I am one of those that swear by it. Apply and you shant regret it!!

Skarbro
11-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Lots of people use Rain-X with auto wipers. Rain-X is awesome. Go ahead and use it with reckless abandon.

faibs
11-11-2006, 11:16 AM
what were your steps to applying it. ive read different techniques but i trust u guys the most.

Skarbro
11-11-2006, 11:18 AM
what were your steps to applying it. ive read different techniques but i trust u guys the most.

Whatever it says on the package. Just squirt a bunch of it on the window and wipe off with a lint-free cloth. I wipe it from top to bottom. This lets it work a little better than wiping it in circles or side-to-side.

3GFX
11-11-2006, 11:18 AM
I just throw a load on a rag, then wipe it on. Basically its like waxing your car. You will get a cloudy film over you windshield. Take a seperate rag and wipe it off. It make take a while to 'polish' it off.

Do it in a ventilated area, the stuff reaks and smells like a bad chemical.

The instuctions on the bottle do it. You'll notice a differance man, the stuff is gold!

faibs
11-11-2006, 11:24 AM

Whatever it says on the package. Just squirt a bunch of it on the window and wipe off with a lint-free cloth. I wipe it from top to bottom. This lets it work a little better than wiping it in circles or side-to-side.

ya i got the squirt bottle too.
SO i squirt it on, let it settle for a few minutes, then wipe it off?
seems easy.

3GFX
11-11-2006, 11:50 AM
yup thats pretty much it

majic
11-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I just throw a load on a rag, then wipe it on.

dude.. you're gross!!! :P

don't forget to rub it in real good.. no really :) and change your windshield washer fluid to rainx.. you clean the windshield ONCE and then use rainX washer fluid and never have to touch the windshield again.. so just borrow a squirt from someone :P

b
11-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Yep I agree with majic.* I use the windshield washer fluid too.* The yellow one! It is amazing stuff.* On the highway with light rain I don't even need my wipers.* It just beads off and ya... just try it... amazing stuff.

faibs
11-11-2006, 12:35 PM

don't forget to rub it in real good.. no really :) and change your windshield washer fluid to rainx.. you clean the windshield ONCE and then use rainX washer fluid and never have to touch the windshield again.. so just borrow a squirt from someone :P

lol that was great

ok hah so spray it on the windshield, rub it on, let it set in, rub it off, where do i get rain x washer fluid.

3GFX
11-11-2006, 01:48 PM

I'm guessing you picked up the pink bottle? hehe

b
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM

lol that was great

ok hah so spray it on the windshield, rub it on, let it set in, rub it off, where do i get rain x washer fluid.

I get mine at canadian tire for $3.99 a jug. I forget the price but it is fairly cheap and a bottle lasts me 3 or 4 months.

http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/products/images/Assortments/PrimaryAssortments/Automotive/CustomPerformance/Performance_Chemicals/0294140_450_CC_5bd75.jpg

faibs
11-11-2006, 02:57 PM
i still have the original washer fluid left from when i bought the car, should i let that run out first instead of mixing?

majic
11-11-2006, 06:22 PM

I'm guessing you picked up the pink bottle? hehe

lol.. actually i do use the pink jug in the summer (good for the bug removal) and yellow in the winter (doesn't freeze)

I get mine at canadian tire for $3.99 a jug. I forget the price but it is fairly cheap and a bottle lasts me 3 or 4 months.

yeah same one.. i stocked up when they were 1.99 a jug.. they have that sale 2-3x a year :D

i still have the original washer fluid left from when i bought the car, should i let that run out first instead of mixing?

that's what i did.. cuz it sucked :P

MattC
11-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Rain-X is the shit.

I applied it last week right before all that rain we had and it was so awsome.

I havent had any problems with the auto wpiers, however I usually turn the auto Wipers off when i am on the highway since the rain just flies off.

Kevin@nextmod
11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I bought about 6 jugs when it was on sale about 2 weeks ago for $2.99.

Its pretty good for the front but for the rear i dont' like. When i apply it on my rear window the yellow fluid stays on my bumper and gets disgustingly ugly.

But overall its the shit!

b
11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Here is a video clip showing what rain x does on a windshield.

the first 1/2 of the 3 min video is on wiper blades & the 2/2 of the clip shows a windshield that has 1/2 with rainx and 1/2 without. If you've never used it... this will show you what we were all trying to describe above.

Again... didn't work for me in firefox... i haven't installed the stuff yet... works in internet explorer for the rest of us...

http://drivingtelevision.ca/segmentviewer.php?episode=307&segment=7

Fuman
04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
don't mean to bring the thread back from the dead, but I just had a rainX experience.

I just took the car through a shell car-wash with the rain-x package,
i also use the rain-x windshield wiper field, I don't know if the two have an effect. (I never brought the thing u actually put on the glass).

But driving back from waterloo to toronto tonight at 8ish, I barely needed wipers, I turned OFF my auto-wipers (they were working fine), cause it was working so well. Trucks, cars their splashes didnt really make me use my wipers. But I noticed at the end, the rainX was wearing off.

All in all, HIDs (to see through the mist), rainX + autowipers = I can see reallly well in the rain.

iconicrocket
04-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I use RainX windshield fluid too. I noticed it leaves this slight residue on the windshield before it evaporates. The rain does bead on the windshield and I do have ViewMax wipers on. Good combination, and works very well, no complaints so far.

Fuman
04-04-2007, 01:05 AM
I use RainX windshield fluid too. I noticed it leaves this slight residue on the windshield before it evaporates. The rain does bead on the windshield and I do have ViewMax wipers on. Good combination, and works very well, no complaints so far.

yeah i've a little bit of a stain as well, but i can only see it from the inside, which sucks even more, but it was night time, couldnt notice it much =)